Judging Feeley and our offensive for last years performance is absurd…at this point | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Judging Feeley and our offensive for last years performance is absurd…at this point

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I really feel if AJ can't beat out Gus, he does not deserve it. If it's really that close, it goes to Saban, but would you feel good about AJ if it was that close?

He was that close to Jay last year.

I would like to see him take the reins and win it outright!

I'd like to see him win it outright as well, but Gus already knows the system...Just another excuse. :D

Ohio Fanatic said:
Do you honestly believe Gus Frerotte would have done any better in last years offense? I seriously doubt it. So your bias against Feeley (IMO) is unfounded and is getting pretty old.

See, he we go agian, what Bias??? Is it to much for him to step up and earn the job?? Did he earn based on last year? I would say no. Were there other problems with the offense, yes. Was he part of the OVERALL problem, yes!

I have said it over and over, I hope he can win the job, I hope he proves my doubts wrong.

And yes, Gus would have done better last year, would we have won those games, maybe not. But I don't think he would have been as bad. Does this make me have a bias towards Feeley?? Then I guess I do.:cry:

AJ is the biggest mistery on this team. I am not going to be somebody that is going to say that he sucks or that he is a horrible QB. I do what what I seen last year, I seen a QB that didnt get a lot of time most of the time. When he did get time to throw the ball though it was still very hit and miss. He would make good throws and horrible throws. He really didn nothing great when he had time last year to get a lot of people to believe he is going to be the QB of our future.

The thing I dont get is, I know that we have seen Jay behind center for the past couple years so some monkey could have came in and completed a couple passes and we would be ready to give him the starting job. I think people need to get real and realize that AJ is no better than a coin flip this year. To me its less than a coin flip seeing when he did have time last year he was still just a average backup QB.

AJ also had trouble learning the offensive system last year, I think Wanny probably only had like 30 pass plays in the whole playbook how well is he going to learn the pass happy offense of Linehan?

svnrdr said:
I'd like to see him win it outright as well, but Gus already knows the system...Just another excuse. :D

That's another reason why people think I hate Feeley. While his picture was everywhere in the papers (Zero gravity tests with Heather) Golf outings etc...

I was saying if I was him and wanted to be a starting QB in the NFL, and I had a (so-so to be nice ) season last year and a new offense coming in! And a QB that knows that offense just signed with our team.

I would be living in Linehan's spare room with the playbook as a pillow. I hope he is, and maybe I'm being harsh. It just seemed he was out jet setting too much.

I don't know, maybe I'm just plain wrong, but I just don't see the drive in him.

Again, I hope he proves me wrong!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
See, he we go agian, what Bias??? Is it to much for him to step up and earn the job?? Did he earn based on last year? I would say no. Were there other problems with the offense, yes. Was he part of the OVERALL problem, yes!

I have said it over and over, I hope he can win the job, I hope he proves my doubts wrong.

And yes, Gus would have done better last year, would we have won those games, maybe not. But I don't think he would have been as bad. Does this make me have a bias towards Feeley?? Then I guess I do.:cry:

Glad to see you finally admit your bias against Feeley. I still don't know how you could think Gus would have done better. Before he played in Minnesota, Gus was a bad QB in a system that was at least moderately better than ours last season. Saying he would have been better in our awful system is no different than me saying Feeley would have done just as well in Linehan's system in Minny after learning the system as a backup, surrounded by great WR, great running game and great offensive line.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I think Jay will do very well in that offense. I'm just not so sure AJ can do well in our offense. I hope he does!

Would you mind enlightening us as to what "OUR" offense will be this year.

Nick Sabans success has not come from him trying to stick a square peg into a round hole. He will first evaluate his talent, and then scheme from his assessment of the talent he has.

Ohio Fanatic said:
Glad to see you finally admit your bias against Feeley. I still don't know how you could think Gus would have done better. Before he played in Minnesota, Gus was a bad QB in a system that was at least moderately better than ours last season. Saying he would have been better in our awful system is no different than me saying Feeley would have done just as well in Linehan's system in Minny after learning the system as a backup, surrounded by great WR, great running game and great offensive line.

Again, I'm not going to argue, if you think I have a bias against him that's fine. I don't think Gus would have paniced as much as AJ did. I don't think he would have has as many int's for TD's. Just my thoughts!

I hope he steps up and wins the job, but I would be lying if I said I did not have my doubts!:rolleyes:

Ohio Fanatic said:
Do you honestly believe Gus Frerotte would have done any better in last years offense? I seriously doubt it. So your bias against Feeley (IMO) is unfounded and is getting pretty old.

The fact that Gus wouldn't have done any better last year ( and he wouldn't have) hardly gives me confidence in Feeley. I probably wouldn't have done any better either. Don't I deserve a shot?

themole said:
Would you mind enlightening us as to what "OUR" offense will be this year.

Nick Sabans success has not come from him trying to stick a square peg into a round hole. He will first evaluate his talent, and then scheme from his assessment of the talent he has.

I don't think we know what our offense will be, I hope AJ does. He will have every chance to win the job, because like you say, Saban will evaluate all the talent on the team and go from there. But Linehan has a plan, and AJ better learn it, as better Sage and Berlin!

themole said:
Nick Saban obviously sees something in AJ or he would have acted on replacing him with the opportunity he had during the draft. He is an excellent evaluator of talent, do you not agree?

Again, I disagree with this argument. Just because this was a weak qb draft with the only potential good one was already off the board, does not mean that Saban "sees something in AJ." It just means there wasn't a clearly better option available , and no need to gamble a high pick on something we already have. Doesn't mean he doesn't think we need to upgrade. There just wasn't a surefire upgrade there worthy of that high pick.

inFINSible said:
I think it's more a matter of being able to say, "I told you so" but, you may be right.

I don't think I've ever campaigned against ANY player on this team the way some people campaign against players they don't like.

It's ridiculous and it comes from talking smack with other teams' fans.

Not even JB Brown? :lol:

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Gus would have done better last year, would we have won those games, maybe not. But I don't think he would have been as bad. Does this make me have a bias towards Feeley?? Then I guess I do.:cry:

Why would the line, and backs have played better for Gus? Would the game plane have been better? Would the coaching staff have been more diligent? Would Ricky have come back for Gus? All these things had to do with AJ's performance! But you just keep on blaming AJ, because you lack the ability to be unbias!!! If your so smart why are you ignoring the obvious?

feelthepain said:
Why would the line, and backs have played better for Gus? Would the game plane have been better? Would the coaching staff have been more diligent? Would Ricky have come back for Gus? All these things had to do with AJ's performance! But you just keep on blaming AJ, because you lack the ability to be unbias!!! If your so smart why are you ignoring the obvious?

He and as I said it's only my thoughts, would not have paniced and made the same mistakes as AJ. Would we have won those game, most likely not. But I feel he would not have throw as many INT's for TD's, and that would be better.

Again, AJ needs to step it up and take control, I hope he does it.

feelthepain said:

What is the obvious? The QB is going to get the credit or the blame, it comes down to that. I think the point that he was trying to make was that Gus would have been better, but the team might not of been better. All the things you mentioned have to do with AJ's performance, but so does what he did on the field. Rather than saying someone else is biased, it appears that you do not have an unbias opinion either. AJ is a huge mystery, but during the season I gurantee that after every pick thrown by any QB on the roster, people are gonna want him to be benched and to have the other guy thrown in. It's kinda the logic that if ya got two Qb's trying to start, you really don't have a starting Qb.

Back
Top Bottom