Judging Feeley and our offensive for last years performance is absurd…at this point | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Judging Feeley and our offensive for last years performance is absurd…at this point

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Nope, I started a post here after the season to sign Holcomb, I always liked him! And I never said no to Feeley, I do not have faith in him and think Gus will beat him out. But I have always said I hope he proves me wrong because it would be better for the Fins!

So much for that post!:shakeno:

Honestly I was just playing with you. This is the first thread on AJ that I havent argued with you in. I didn't want to break the streak.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Nope, I started a post here after the season to sign Holcomb, I always liked him! And I never said no to Feeley, I do not have faith in him and think Gus will beat him out. But I have always said I hope he proves me wrong because it would be better for the Fins!

So much for that post!:shakeno:

I hope you're wrong too...:D...for the betterment of the Fins.

So on a scale of 1-100 if, during preseason, if Gus is a 82 and Feeley is a 78 who do you start....HYPOTHETICALLY!!!

I think you have to hope for th best. I think people were a little too hard on Jay and you definately cannot judge AJ. They were in horrible offensive sytems with no help and no where to go. Jay was similiar to Brad Johnson (not that I'm a huge fan of him) but he did take the Bucs to the Super Bowl. He had the right SYSTEM in place that played to his strengths and the teams strengths. Jay never had that. He was smart tough, slightly mobile and fairly accurate but has no strength. How many times did we see him throwing the out pattern to the far sideline only to get picked as the cameraman was well ahead of the ball.

AJ is in a similiar situation. He has a great gun, and can squeeze the ball in there. The question is his intelligence and judgement. He has to do a better play fake and must look off the recievers. It's those little things that can make the difference between backup and starter. He could all the raw physical talent but if he doesn't learn to do those little things and study the game better he will always be a backup.

svnrdr said:

So on a scale of 1-100 if, during preseason, if Gus is a 82 and Feeley is a 78 who do you start....HYPOTHETICALLY!!!

Honestly, Gus. And then look for your future qb, because if AJ can't decisively beat out a career backup, then it's time to stop throwing good money after bad.

svnrdr said:

Whomever performs better should win the starting job... If not, I think we're making a really big mistake. I hope Saban feels the same way because I truly believe that's most practical intelligent way to go about it. It's up to Saban and the coaching staff to decide who is the better man for the job (not for us to decide... we just have our opinions). The best man for the job, should win the job. I don't see why anyone else would want anything differently? :confused:

(Not targeting you personally svnrdr or anything like that.)

Guss is old hes not gunna start get over it people aj might not be the future but hes better than gus. Roth is gonna dominate. He ate Big 10 quarterbacks alive and will continue to do so. tom brady is gunna die.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I'm all tear's because AJ stunk and is getting picked on, I can hear the violin! He needs to step up, he proved nothing and it would not surprise me to see Gus start!

Do you honestly believe Gus Frerotte would have done any better in last years offense? I seriously doubt it. So your bias against Feeley (IMO) is unfounded and is getting pretty old.

You guys should get Jeff blake. If he can get the ball to Boldin, he can get it to Chambers :couch:

painnotpleasure said:
Whomever performs better should win the starting job... If not, I think we're making a really big mistake. I hope Saban feels the same way because I truly believe that's most practical intelligent way to go about it. It's up to Saban and the coaching staff to decide who is the better man for the job (not for us to decide... we just have our opinions). The best man for the job, should win the job. I don't see why anyone else would want anything differently? :confused:

(Not targeting you personally svnrdr or anything like that.)

No offense taken...

You are ABSOLUTELY right in saying it is Saban's decision, and thank GOD it is...LOL

It is just my opinion if there is room for improvement, then you go with the 78 and groom him. Again this is just conjecture, but I go with the young guy...Although Gus has proven effective, I think he is on the downside of his carreer.

Ohio Fanatic said:
Do you honestly believe Gus Frerotte would have done any better in last years offense? I seriously doubt it. So your bias against Feeley (IMO) is unfounded and is getting pretty old.

And gus isnt getting old we dont need an outstanding qb but frerotte isn gunna cut it

Justasportsfan said:
You guys should get Jeff blake. If he can get the ball to Boldin, he can get it to Chambers :couch:

You better duck! LOL

NJFINSFAN1 said:
No not really, I hope he makes it! But what gets me sick is all the people sticking up for Feeley now, and using the same excuses as others used for Jay, but then it was not okay!

The guy point blank stunck last year overall. It's all in his hands now! Enough with the excuses, he needs to step up and play well, and I have my doubts.

The point is...from us so called Feely apologist, NO ONE knows what AJ is capable of until he gets his chance behind a line that will give him protection. Running an offense that he is accustom to with hot reads, a place to safely dump the ball to if no one is open.

His accuracy is far superior to that of Jay. He has a much stronger arm to stretch the field than Jay had, the potential IS there. The EXCUSES are legitimate.

If AJ can't cut the mustard after playing behind an improved O-Line and legitimate offensive NFL scheme then I'll be right there with you in his condemnation.

There have been many stories written about how frustrated Norv was with Wanny due to play selection and game planning, or lack there of. Norv basicly threw in the towel as OC and got the hell out of Miami ASAP.

Nick Saban obviously sees something in AJ or he would have acted on replacing him with the opportunity he had during the draft. He is an excellent evaluator of talent, do you not agree?

Again, the point is, neither you nor I, or the rest of the fans, pro or con AJ Feely are making the call on who's QBing the Dolphins next year. The best man will most assuredly be under center in the fall.

Here's hoping that whoever is running the offense next year is up to the task, and has the fans full support.

I'm thinking that AJ can get the job done enough to make the offense productive.

NYinBostonFin said:
Honestly I was just playing with you. This is the first thread on AJ that I havent argued with you in. I didn't want to break the streak.

:roflmao:

svnrdr said:

I really feel if AJ can't beat out Gus, he does not deserve it. If it's really that close, it goes to Saban, but would you feel good about AJ if it was that close?

He was that close to Jay last year.

I would like to see him take the reins and win it outright!

Back
Top Bottom