Judging Feeley and our offensive for last years performance is absurd…at this point | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Judging Feeley and our offensive for last years performance is absurd…at this point

djfresh47 said:
What is the obvious? The QB is going to get the credit or the blame, it comes down to that. I think the point that he was trying to make was that Gus would have been better, but the team might not of been better. All the things you mentioned have to do with AJ's performance, but so does what he did on the field. Rather than saying someone else is biased, it appears that you do not have an unbias opinion either. AJ is a huge mystery, but during the season I gurantee that after every pick thrown by any QB on the roster, people are gonna want him to be benched and to have the other guy thrown in. It's kinda the logic that if ya got two Qb's trying to start, you really don't have a starting Qb.

The Obvious is that the whole team and coaching staff is to blame for last year not AJ!! How does anyone know what AJ can do? We haven't seen him play but in a couple dozen games if that. And AJ not being able to beat Fiedler out out of the Job last year, Heck with DW in control GOD would have had a hard time beating Fiedler out of the Job. How am I bias? I just want every player to be given a fair chance. As long as DW was the HC you can bet the O would be a non factor. This means that whomever is behind center is not given a fair chance to win. Now we have Hock, Linehan, and Saban a far cry from the last five years I'll some how bet that we won't have nearly the TO's we did last year.

To The Mole: Well done....

You presented a clear and formidable case...the problem was you are dealing with a dogmatic, myopic, close-minded hard head who is more interesting in winning his point then understanding something basic about our team and our coaching staff and our overall predicament. That seems closer to the old way we did things and that got us into a heap of trouble. Trust me - if Saban did not think that Feeley deserved a shot at playing he would be out on the street. Saban knows what we all know - do not throw the baby out with the bath water - unless that baby smacks of a Wanny-esque small minded approach that leaves you and your crew and your family at the bottom of the freakin ocean!

saban chose ronnie brown in a weak qb class to make our current or future qb's better. it was a very smart and safe pick, because a qb at that spot would've meant putting a new face with the same bad weapons.

Njfinsfan has a point . . . feeley is pick happy. With the new system, ronnie brown, houck coached line, he could end up looking alright.

I'd feel a lot more comfortable going into this season with an already proven qb, but feeley will be better than last seaon (but please guys lets not get to happy with the marino comparisons.)

I also don't understand how it's immature to agree with somebody if they have a good point, regardless of what team they root for. I always figured that was being mature.

Also, you don't have to drink the kool aid just because wayne employs them. I've wanted to see wanny fired for a long time, while he was still the phins coach.

raving said:
You presented a clear and formidable case...the problem was you are dealing with a dogmatic, myopic, close-minded hard head who is more interesting in winning his point then understanding something basic about our team and our coaching staff and our overall predicament. That seems closer to the old way we did things and that got us into a heap of trouble. Trust me - if Saban did not think that Feeley deserved a shot at playing he would be out on the street. Saban knows what we all know - do not throw the baby out with the bath water - unless that baby smacks of a Wanny-esque small minded approach that leaves you and your crew and your family at the bottom of the freakin ocean!

Saban more likely kept Feeley around to back up Gus. Feeley is cheap this year, but next year his salary cap number jumps way up. He will either restructure after this season and continue to be a backup to whomever Saban brings in or he will be shopping his services elsewhere.

SCall13 said:
Saban more likely kept Feeley around to back up Gus. Feeley is cheap this year, but next year his salary cap number jumps way up. He will either restructure after this season and continue to be a backup to whomever Saban brings in or he will be shopping his services elsewhere.

I disagree...I think there will be an open compitition right from the start. I can't imagine Saban having any preconceived notions that Feeley is going to be the back-up...Maybe Wanny, but not Saban.

svnrdr said:
I disagree...I think there will be an open compitition right from the start. I can't imagine Saban having any preconceived notions that Feeley is going to be the back-up...Maybe Wanny, but not Saban.

I do agree that it will be an open competition. But I also think Saban and Linehan both know who will win. Alot, if not most, people on this board seem to think the job is automatically Feeley's job and he will only lose it AFTER he starts making mistakes. I am just stating the other side of that argument. I think Gus has a better chance of winning because he is just all around BETTER than Feeley and he knows the offense very well. Also, the offense fits Gus' abilities alot better than Feeley's.

SCall13 said:

Saban kept Feeley around (and Sage, and got Gus) because there were no significantly better options in the draft or FA. That's it. It doesn't mean he has undying loyalty or belief in him, it's just the best option he's got right now. Everyone competes, best player plays. If it's AJ, great. Hope he shines. If it's not, the search continues.

SCall13 said:
I do agree that it will be an open competition. But I also think Saban and Linehan both know who will win.

That is not an open competitioin...

The ONLY reason I want Feeley to win out is because he is younger and our future as a team will be better if he does. If Gus wins out, then we are in the same boat that Tampa Bay, the Giants, and th Raiders have been in recently...an aging QB with no youn talant in the wings...PRIOR to Eli, and Simms respectively.

svnrdr said:
That is not an open competitioin...

The ONLY reason I want Feeley to win out is because he is younger and our future as a team will be better if he does. If Gus wins out, then we are in the same boat that Tampa Bay, the Giants, and th Raiders have been in recently...an aging QB with no youn talant in the wings...PRIOR to Eli, and Simms respectively.

he may be younger than Gus, but he isn't better. That's what it boils down to. Feeley is not a long term answer. I don't even look at him as a short term answer. i hope I'm wrong. But I don't see anything about him that stands out.

SCall13 said:
he may be younger than Gus, but he isn't better. That's what it boils down to. Feeley is not a long term answer. I don't even look at him as a short term answer. i hope I'm wrong. But I don't see anything about him that stands out.

Well, we can beat a dead horse for days...I hope you're wrong too :D and the young guy becomes better for our collective long-term sanity! :lol:

OK everybody who says he did it in Philly he did it in Philly should read what there typing. He started 3 games and won all three great but he was playing for a team that was on fire at that part of the season. You can not evaluate from his playing expierence there the only thing you can say there is that he gained expierence as a starter. IMO im not going against Feely i hope he comes out and has a great year and proves a lot of people wrong but I just don't see him as a shining star and I think Dolphins fans will be upset untill we get a shining star because of Marino's legacy he left behind.

Fiedler- Backup for Jacksonville all of a sudden starter for Miami

AJ Feely- 3rd string for Philly all of a sudden starter for Miami

I dont like this trend we have going especially if Feely flops and we keep faith in him because the Defense wins games. (fiedlers dolphin career)

svnrdr said:
Well, we can beat a dead horse for days...I hope you're wrong too :D and the young guy becomes better for our collective long-term sanity! :lol:

I hope he does too. It sure would save us lots of stress over the course of next season and the future. :)

SCall13 said:
I hope he does too. It sure would save us lots of stress over the course of next season and the future. :)

Let's hope that a year from now, we'll be debating if we need to keep Gus and let Sage back up Feeley.....One can wish huh?

wazzy said:
OK everybody who says he did it in Philly he did it in Philly should read what there typing. He started 3 games and won all three great but he was playing for a team that was on fire at that part of the season. You can not evaluate from his playing expierence there the only thing you can say there is that he gained expierence as a starter. IMO im not going against Feely i hope he comes out and has a great year and proves a lot of people wrong but I just don't see him as a shining star and I think Dolphins fans will be upset untill we get a shining star because of Marino's legacy he left behind.

Fiedler- Backup for Jacksonville all of a sudden starter for Miami

AJ Feely- 3rd string for Philly all of a sudden starter for Miami

I dont like this trend we have going especially if Feely flops and we keep faith in him because the Defense wins games. (fiedlers dolphin career)

Brady- back up for Bledsoe all of a sudden wins 3 SBs

Dellhome- Back up in Carolina takes them to the SB

We won't know about Feeley until he has a line to protect him and some decent coaching. THAT he HAD in Philly and WAS successful. I also believe he won 5 games in Philly, not 3.

I am NOT predicting anything here...jusy making some comparisons as you did.

feelthepain said:
The Obvious is that the whole team and coaching staff is to blame for last year not AJ!! How does anyone know what AJ can do? We haven't seen him play but in a couple dozen games if that. And AJ not being able to beat Fiedler out out of the Job last year, Heck with DW in control GOD would have had a hard time beating Fiedler out of the Job. How am I bias? I just want every player to be given a fair chance. As long as DW was the HC you can bet the O would be a non factor. This means that whomever is behind center is not given a fair chance to win. Now we have Hock, Linehan, and Saban a far cry from the last five years I'll some how bet that we won't have nearly the TO's we did last year.

Yeah, and most of the coaching staff is gone. AJ does deserve some blame, he played awful, he was not in a great situation, but he did not help things out either, and like you said the whole team is to blame, but the nature of the QB position is that they're gonna take alot of blame. You don't hear about Edgerrin James not being able to beat Tom Brady it's Peyton Manning can't beat Tom Brady. AJ is not a rookie, he's a veteran and ya can't give him a free pass on last year.

Back
Top Bottom