Judging Tannahill On Remaining Games | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Judging Tannahill On Remaining Games

opticblazed

Basement Dweller
Reaction score
No excuses. As a fan I am judging him on these last games. He needs to lead us to the playoffs or draft a qb next year

Yep we need to judge him now RIGHT NOW. With his offensive line decimated and his receivers on IR and no TE threat whatsoever.

Did I just make excuses for RT?

Fact is we already know who he is. These six games don’t need to show us anything we don’t already know.

No excuses. As a fan I am judging him on these last games. He needs to lead us to the playoffs or draft a qb next year
I want him to be healthy, get protection, get a running game, play well, win, etc. etc.

I also like the idea of bringing in a young QB of the future next year regardless.

It seems that a lot of people are deadset on this ridiculous 'no excuses' narrative.

RT could play his best six games and the team can still lose. Judging him is fine but if you have the temperament of a two year old, your judgement isn't worth jackshit.

Yep we need to judge him now RIGHT NOW. With his offensive line decimated and his receivers on IR and no TE threat whatsoever.

Did I just make excuses for RT?

Fact is we already know who he is. These six games don’t need to show us anything we don’t already know.

Wait! Wait! He obviously needs several more years to "develop" and get his logistical bearings!

And poor Gase! He can't possibly be held responsible for another tragic season due to IR

and assorted maladies! I mean he's a great "manager" and just go back and look at how awesome

the O was before losing [like everyone]!

The fact little tiny tots got injured in the N F L is NOT the fault of those who put little fellas on the field!

Doesn't matter other teams have position specs that are more physically demanding in terms of size etc!

And the fatty 35 year old OG was just as good as brand new! None of that matters! Because we don't

accept responsibility! We have excuses!

Wait! Wait! He obviously needs several more years to "develop" and get his logistical bearings!

And poor Gase! He can't possibly be held responsible for another tragic season due to IR

and assorted maladies! I mean he's a great "manager" and just go back and look at how awesome

the O was before losing [like everyone]!

The fact little tiny tots got injured in the N F L is NOT the fault of those who put little fellas on the field!

Doesn't matter other teams have position specs that are more physically demanding in terms of size etc!

And the fatty 35 year old OG was just as good as brand new! None of that matters! Because we don't

accept responsibility! We have excuses!
What "fatty OG" are you talking about?

Couldn't be Josh Sitton. He was 31 when we signed him, didn't turn 32 until June of this year.

But don't let facts get in the way of a good, ill-informed, misguided rant.

If you weren't referring to Sitton, never mind.

Regardless if you are a Thill fan or not. Someone will be brought in next year to challenge him. I could see the Fins trading up to get a QB in the draft if need be. Gase will be looking for someone to be “his guy” that he can sell to the front office. Because he will sell off that Thill was “Philbins guy” and he just wasn’t good enough.

Regardless if you are a Thill fan or not. Someone will be brought in next year to challenge him. I could see the Fins trading up to get a QB in the draft if need be. Gase will be looking for someone to be “his guy” that he can sell to the front office. Because he will sell off that Thill was “Philbins guy” and he just wasn’t good enough.
Ryan was not Phillbins guy, I believe Carr was?

It seems that a lot of people are deadset on this ridiculous 'no excuses' narrative.

RT could play his best six games and the team can still lose. Judging him is fine but if you have the temperament of a two year old, your judgement isn't worth jackshit.

I think the no excuses crowd cares about the last 7 years and doesn't care if he looks like Marino these last 6 games. To them, RT is who he is and nothing is going to change that.

Can you blame them? What colosal step is RT really going to take in these last few games that'll continue to keep him as our QB of tomorrow? Short of putting up 45 a game down this stretch, the haters have had it and I can't blame them.

For myself, I hope to see a healthy Tannehill make a run at these playoffs because, like a normal fan (yes thats a dig at many), I actually really enjoy watching my team win.

But I'd like to see a healthy RT for other reasons as well. Maybe he plays so well he opens up massive trade value going into next year.

Maybe we'll see an RT that will realize he has to restructure and compete if he wants to stick around.

Perhaps he'll end our- hell everyone's- suffering of "will he this year?" and just stink it up so bad that there is crystal clear evidence for the coaching staff that Tanne is done in Miami.

I've already judged RT. It's time to move on.

But I still want to win dammit. Down with haters that want to see him, US, lose.

Come on, me maties. Yo ho ho ho a Dolphins life for us. Don't lay down the sword. :guard:

I think we should just keep him another year and draft one first or second round. Then reassess before the 2020 draft.

I will judge him on his entire body of work in the NFL and not just a few games if I were the GM. Doesn't matter if he looks like Marino in these last games or Marinovich. Look at his entire career.

You would think god himself is descending into Lucas Oil this weekend to lead the Fins to victory. Does 5 weeks on IR really make you forget how mediocre Tannehill has played this year? Stack on top of that a leg that has been surgically and holistically repaired oh and a nagging capsule injury that still hurts him when he throws. Oh, and they HAVE to win to make the playoffs.

What can go wrong?

So Luck started playing better, when his OL started playing better..... interesting, maybe QB’s need help, who knew.... but ‘Ryan’ needs to do it..

Ehh don’t waste your time. “No excuses” they say. “This 6 games will define his career”

Nope. See ya in 2019 ryan.

One guy in this threads talking some it’s as if god himself was coming to play in Lucas nonsense when literally no one has ever said anything of the sort.

It never ends.

Qb class sucks. So what get one. Free agency offers no upgrades. So what pay one.

Starting qb comes back from injury win or walk the plank. Starting qb comes back from injury this is no upgrade.

Never ends.

My view is simple, the highest paid guy on the team should matter or make a difference. The no excuse thing is overblown. If we score alot of points put up a great fight and left everything on the field but still lost, then "excuses" could be legit.

Back
Top Bottom