Judging Tannahill On Remaining Games | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Judging Tannahill On Remaining Games

Do we have to wait another 10yrs till he has the perfect team around him?

Can we actually get a functioning offense that is also not
decimated by injuries? I know its alot to ask.

Don't worry will be drafting or acquiring another QB.

Perfect team- who is really good on this offense? Tunsil yup - Gore. That’s about all ... you still have zip from a TE and not much from the WR’s either. (Especially with the injuries).

Can we actually get a functioning offense that is also not
decimated by injuries? I know its alot to ask.

Don't worry will be drafting or acquiring another QB.

Perfect team- who is really good on this offense? Tunsil yup - Gore. That’s about all ... you still have zip from a TE and not much from the WR’s either. (Especially with the injuries).
While I agree with you, our qb cant be part of the problem. I have been in his corner for 7yrs, but he isn't getting younger. His best years may have been wasted. Now he is just an injury prone qb. Maybe it's all those sacks he has taken.

Let me explain this so you'll understand. EManning is a good QB. If his play deteriorates, it's the OL. Tannehill's OL? Excuse. Rodgers production deteriorates when Nelson is out? Brady's production deteriorates when Edleman/Gronk are out? The replacements aren't that good. Tannehill's production deteriorates with Wilson/Grant out and no TEs? Excuses. Bridgewater hasn't played in 25 years and had an EXCEEDINGLY bad injury - sign him as competition. Tannehill has an injury - he's done. Limits what he can do. Carr has one good W/L season and he's a top QB. Tannehill has one good W/L season and he needs to be replaced. Get the picture? There are excuses (Tannehill) and reasons (everyone else).
And I'm a guy who thinks Tannehill is average and would like an upgrade. I think Burke is bad and Gase is an inept OC. Doesn't matter.Any acknowledgement of a factor other than 'the target' is homerism.
That said, I want to see clear improvement from the Indy game to the third game and clear improvement from the 3rd game to the 6th game. I want to see improvement to the point the O looks legit by game 6. Yeah, that's rather nebulous, but playing worse or NO improvement should end the debate.
This is an on-point post man.

Moot point! Even if Tannehill plays like Drew Brees and wins a SB in the final stretch of the season.
This organization needs to make a beyond reproachable effort to find the QB of the future going forward.
It's long overdue at this point.

Status quo in 2019, run out whoever you want. Please Dolphins dont pull a dolphin and put your QB eggs in what's supposed to be a bad QB draft. Sell out for 2020.

Also not judging Tannehill based on the last few games, we have a large sample. His ceiling is Alex Smith

Status quo in 2019, run out whoever you want. Please Dolphins dont pull a dolphin and put your QB eggs in what's supposed to be a bad QB draft. Sell out for 2020.

Also not judging Tannehill based on the last few games, we have a large sample. His ceiling is Alex Smith

I keep on hearing this about the 2019 QB class. Would it shock anyone if the next Dan Marino, Drew Brees and Payton Manning comes out of that class? It wouldn't shock me.

In any case, if they aren't going to draft a QB then the next best thing they can and should do, in preparation for that 2020 QB, is draft the hell out of the OL.

I personally would invest picks 1-7 on OLmen. I don't think anyone here would argue with that choice. Young studs that can move, that can block and dammit stay health.

If you're going QB in 2020 why not start him off behind the best starting and back-up OLmen possible?

I keep on hearing this about the 2019 QB class. Would it shock anyone if the next Dan Marino, Drew Brees and Payton Manning comes out of that class? It wouldn't shock me.

In any case, if they aren't going to draft a QB then the next best thing they can and should do, in preparation for that 2020 QB, is draft the hell out of the OL.

I personally would invest picks 1-7 on OLmen. I don't think anyone here would argue with that choice. Young studs that can move, that can block and dammit stay health.

If you're going QB in 2020 why not start him off behind the best starting and back-up OLmen possible?
Wouldn't shock me either. I'd rather just take my chances with what is expected to be a much deeper class the following year.

In any case, I agree. Spend 2019's draft fleshing out the rest of the roster

Wouldn't shock me either. I'd rather just take my chances with what is expected to be a much deeper class the following year.

In any case, I agree. Spend 2019's draft fleshing out the rest of the roster

Agreed, But you and I both know (especially if that's likely to be Gase last year) they're going to be drafting like they're one player away.

This is where it's critical for some like Stephan Ross to say "I want you to draft for the future and not tomorrow."
If we draft a QB I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure he isn't Derick Carr by the end of the season.

Agreed, But you and I both know (especially if that's likely to be Gase last year) they're going to be drafting like they're one player away.

This is where it's critical for some like Stephan Ross to say "I want you to draft for the future and not tomorrow."
If we draft a QB I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure he isn't Derick Carr by the end of the season.
With most teams I'd agree, but Ross tends to give his guys LONG leashes. Think we can all agree Ireland, sparano, philbin all overstayed their welcome, understanding sparano was damage control after the Harbaugh debacle.

If Ross gives Gase the vote of confidence, maybe he does the prudent thing. But if the FO feels their on the hot seat, they could the dolphins back years like Wannstedt did last couple of years (high picks for Lamar Gordon and Feeley sigh)

I think we know pretty much what Tannehill is. The big question moving forward is now durability something that was once one of his biggest strengths. I think Rodgers is more talented than Brady, but Brady answers the bell more. That makes him valuable.

As far as the future goes, Miami is in a tricky spot for next year. I think the best plan might be sticking with Tannehill, bringing in a better backup and drafting a mid-round quarterback. Concentrate on defense and building the offensive line.

Judging Tannehill in this last 6 games is not fair at all. He's been with us for 7 years and that's where you judge him. Are we going to see something from him that we haven't seen before in these 6 games? I doubt it. What he's been so far is who he is imo. I was a big supporter and had high hopes for him. Like I've said before, he's very capable of making every throw and making some great plays and having some good games. I just don't believe that he'll get any better now. Rooting for him to fail makes no sense at all. That's just people wanting to be right. I'd love to be wrong and see him all of a sudden become elite but I believe he's reached his ceiling and we should look to upgrade in the off season if possible.
That's as fair as I can be. Hope he does great. We can't judge him only on these 6 games when you're missing some key players and he hasn't played in more than a month.

So Luck started playing better, when his OL started playing better..... interesting, maybe QB’s need help, who knew.... but ‘Ryan’ needs to do it..

Stop propagating lies dude, Luck has been balling it most of the season. I've already posted this in another thread, during that 6 game start where they lost 5, Luck posted 4 300 plus games and 16 tds ! This included a 464 yds game with 4 tds , in a loss, their start to the season was not down to Luck poor play at all. Our starter has failed to hit the 300 yd mark in any of his games this season.

What "fatty OG" are you talking about?

Couldn't be Josh Sitton. He was 31 when we signed him, didn't turn 32 until June of this year.

But don't let facts get in the way of a good, ill-informed, misguided rant.

If you weren't referring to Sitton, never mind.

30 something and yea did you see the dudes belly roll???

Didn't exactly look like he was in great shape IMO.

No rant. Just facts. Older players tend to break down more than younger.

Of course there's always the exception -- Sitton was a risk and it blew up in our face.

Just like drafting kids with major surgery in college. It's a risk that should be avoided and certainly discounted into the projection.

See Parker as an example. Back further, Jake Long and the shoulder.

Is Tannehill being judged by the op on his individual performance or as a teammate? As in if Parker drops a ball that is an incompletion stat. Or if Gase calls a horrible play for 3 yards when we needed 10. Missing a receiver on a bomb or throwing behind is on him. So is throwing the ball out of bounds D's when he could have ran for a first. It's tricky for Ryan these last games. He just needs to bring all he has a la 2016.

Back
Top Bottom