Judging Tannahill On Remaining Games | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Judging Tannahill On Remaining Games

Are you even willing to admit the OL play has been bottle of the barrel around here until this year when it had a chance to be better if players stayed healthy?

The point is QB’s need help, all of them, why is Rodgers team where it is?

The ‘Colts’ sucked at the beginning of the year. The team -Follow?

He’s another one of those o line play is a crutch folks.

View is way too limited.

Deflect, deflect, same old tactic.

The Indianapolis Colts offensive line has put together a historic stretch of games during the team's three-game winning streak. Quarterback Andrew Luck hasn't been sacked in four games

Opposing defenses still haven’t sacked Andrew Luck since their Week 5 loss to New England. Since then, the offensive line has given up all of 23 pressures on 128 Luck dropbacks – including only five pressures on 30 passes this past week against a talented Jaguars front. That’s absurd. After early season injuries shuffled the line about, it’s clear they’re one of the best in the NFL when healthy."

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...ve-fourth-best-offensive-line-nfl/2010576002/

Lies you say- Must be nice, Ryan should be jealous..

With most teams I'd agree, but Ross tends to give his guys LONG leashes. Think we can all agree Ireland, sparano, philbin all overstayed their welcome, understanding sparano was damage control after the Harbaugh debacle.

If Ross gives Gase the vote of confidence, maybe he does the prudent thing. But if the FO feels their on the hot seat, they could the dolphins back years like Wannstedt did last couple of years (high picks for Lamar Gordon and Feeley sigh)

This, imo, maybe the biggest criticism against the owner.
There are different types of "managers" in life and it's probably universal that no one can stand the overbearing micromanager that's constantly in your face. Thank goodness that's not Stephen Ross. Someone like Jerry Jones comes to mind as an example of that type.
Unfortunately, Ross may fall on the other side of that spectrum and it's not good either. The type of manager that sits way back and lets you do essentially anything and everything you want. If you're that talented then it's a blessing but most people and structures aren't.

Now, While some kick the table for this mindset I completely understand it. If you're not an expert at something then it doesn't make sense to try and manage it. Which is why you hiring people that know more than you to help you in that regard.

Some of our fans need to understand most FB owners aren't "football guys, either!"
The winningest regimes have been more fortunate to have the right pieces in place to complement each other. That's it!

Ross biggest need/lacking is he hasn't been able to find that right anchor to help him build this team.
BTW, trying to find that anchor with one hell of a positive and winning organization vision is probably harder than finding a franchise QB.

Last edited:
The Indianapolis Colts offensive line has put together a historic stretch of games during the team's three-game winning streak. Quarterback Andrew Luck hasn't been sacked in four games

Opposing defenses still haven’t sacked Andrew Luck since their Week 5 loss to New England. Since then, the offensive line has given up all of 23 pressures on 128 Luck dropbacks – including only five pressures on 30 passes this past week against a talented Jaguars front. That’s absurd. After early season injuries shuffled the line about, it’s clear they’re one of the best in the NFL when healthy."

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...ve-fourth-best-offensive-line-nfl/2010576002/

But having good protection doesn't define QB play. It's all on the QB! If he's good hell still make plays and win game no matter how bad his OL is....

/sarcasm

Over his career he is <.500 and never won a playoff game. Actually never played in a playoff game.

I love this line of reasoning -- the QB never won a playoff game -- it's almost as if there weren't other players involved at all. I wonder why, in this world of QB's winning or loosing games, why anyone bothers paying so many other players to be on the field at the same time? It's so confusing!

Deflect, deflect, deflect.

The Dolphins OLine have a much more difficult task of protecting a statue that is staring down his only read.

The Dolphins OLine have a much more difficult task of protecting a statue that is staring down his only read.

From this year..

You want to back up Ryan Tannehill’s good Sunday? Look at NextGen stats from the NFL. They show a quick and decisive Tannehill getting rid of the ball the quickest in the league, but also ranking high in the aggressive metric and in throwing the ball downfield.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports...tannehill-stats-analytics-20180912-story.html

Dude, Tanny is the worst.

I like Tannehill and have strongly supported him throughout his time here with us. I think we've seen his ceiling. He is capable of getting us to the playoffs with a solid defense and a good running game. To be fair, judging him over these last 6 games wouldn't be fair BUT, regardless if we make the playoffs (very highly unlikely), it's time to let him go and try to land a good QB in free agency, trade, or (ugh this year) the draft. Unfortunately for RT, the hits he has accumulated over the years have caught up to him and he can't be relied on to play an entire season, and with his cap hit, I just don't see us keeping him unless he is willing to take a massive pay-cut. It's possible that he will. But even if he does, we have to do something at QB long term.

You mean seven years is not enough to judge his game?

So you disagree with his point but are scared to provide an adequate counter to it.

I already answered this guy, if you bother to scroll up. I'm not getting into his deflection tactics because I called him out already.

Back
Top Bottom