Judging Tannahill On Remaining Games | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Judging Tannahill On Remaining Games

I think the no excuses crowd cares about the last 7 years and doesn't care if he looks like Marino these last 6 games. To them, RT is who he is and nothing is going to change that.

Can you blame them? What colosal step is RT really going to take in these last few games that'll continue to keep him as our QB of tomorrow? Short of putting up 45 a game down this stretch, the haters have had it and I can't blame them.

For myself, I hope to see a healthy Tannehill make a run at these playoffs because, like a normal fan (yes thats a dig at many), I actually really enjoy watching my team win.

But I'd like to see a healthy RT for other reasons as well. Maybe he plays so well he opens up massive trade value going into next year.

Maybe we'll see an RT that will realize he has to restructure and compete if he wants to stick around.

Perhaps he'll end our- hell everyone's- suffering of "will he this year?" and just stink it up so bad that there is crystal clear evidence for the coaching staff that Tanne is done in Miami.

I've already judged RT. It's time to move on.

But I still want to win dammit. Down with haters that want to see him, US, lose.

Come on, me maties. Yo ho ho ho a Dolphins life for us. Don't lay down the sword. :guard:

This post is right on. Also, I will automatically like any post that compares being a Dolphins fan to being a pirate. Lord knows it's the equivalent of getting scurvy.

I already answered this guy, if you bother to scroll up. I'm not getting into his deflection tactics because I called him out already.
You called him out on words you put into his mouth so you are actually arguing with yourself. Whenever you feel like addressing his original point, feel free to rejoin the conversation.

30 something and yea did you see the dudes belly roll???

Didn't exactly look like he was in great shape IMO.

No rant. Just facts. Older players tend to break down more than younger.

Of course there's always the exception -- Sitton was a risk and it blew up in our face.

Just like drafting kids with major surgery in college. It's a risk that should be avoided and certainly discounted into the projection.

See Parker as an example. Back further, Jake Long and the shoulder.
If signing a pro bowl Guard at 30 years of age screams "injury risk" to you, I don't know what to tell you.

He isn't a running back and should be in the prime of his career.

You called him out on words you put into his mouth so you are actually arguing with yourself. Whenever you feel like addressing his original point, feel free to rejoin the conversation.
Whatever you say dude, I put no words in his mouth, he came out with all that crap himself, keep high fiving yourselves though, have fun with that.

I will judge him on his entire body of work in the NFL and not just a few games if I were the GM. Doesn't matter if he looks like Marino in these last games or Marinovich. Look at his entire career.

That's the thing if you judge him by his whole career he's been good enough. Surely better than any options we are gonna bring in before the draft. People act like he's is some piece of **** QB. Three seasons of 4,000 yards passing. Doesn't turnover the ball at a high clip. Can make all the throws. Can he improve? Sure

I just know him and Gase are 11-7. I'd like to see more of that before the "no excuses" army circle jerk themselves to death.

LOL at all the "judging" Tannehill comments. Like our opinions matter or anything is going to change anyone's minds.

I like Tannehill.....but I'd also like to upgrade at the QB position........and would pull the trigger on that the moment that option is presented to us. However, since there is no other option at this point.....and that same draft everyone is expecting to get next QB out of produced the likes of Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell and Matt Leinert, I'm not letting my starting QB go until I have a replacement plan that works and I trust.

Take a shot at a QB in the 19 draft and if that doesn't work move up and get who you want in the 20 draft......but Tannehill isn't going anywhere until that replacement is on the roster.

Whatever you say dude, I put no words in his mouth, he came out with all that crap himself, keep high fiving yourselves though, have fun with that.
Yeah you did when you claimed that he said Luck sucked when he only mentioned that Luck's overall play improved when the line got better. Which is something that even you acknowledged in one of your rant responses.

His point that seemed to fly 60000 ft above your head was that it is a team game and more specifically that the offensive line's performance helps to improve their QB's. Not that Luck sucks....SMH.

Ryan was not Phillbins guy, I believe Carr was?

What I am implying is that Gase has not selected his QB. He will say THill was the past coach and FO’s QB. That he has done everything he could to try and work with him but he needs “his guy”.

No that wasn't your point dude, stop lying, dunno why you insist on doing it. You were telling everyone Luck sucked and only started to play well when the line got better. Tannehill sucks every time we have line issues and only gets marginally better when the line is healthy. There is a world of difference between these two guys, if you can't see that I honestly don't know what to tell you. Next time before making dumb statements, do a tiny bit of research first.

Man you need to chill out. Albert is one of the few level headed posters around here. Barking up the wrong tree and you're wrong anyway haha

There's nothing new under the sun for Tannehill to show us. The book is pretty much written on him. The only way he can move the needle is to put this team on his shoulders and carry them not just to a playoff berth but deep into the playoffs. He actually needs to win in the playoffs. Anything else and I just can't fathom a front office feeling comfortable with only Tannehill at QB. He's missed too much time the last 3 seasons (now). They need to draft a real prospect at the position even if Tannehill stays.

Back
Top Bottom