Judging Tannahill On Remaining Games | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Judging Tannahill On Remaining Games

Ehh don’t waste your time. “No excuses” they say. “This 6 games will define his career”

Nope. See ya in 2019 ryan.

One guy in this threads talking some it’s as if god himself was coming to play in Lucas nonsense when literally no one has ever said anything of the sort.

It never ends.

Qb class sucks. So what get one. Free agency offers no upgrades. So what pay one.

Starting qb comes back from injury win or walk the plank. Starting qb comes back from injury this is no upgrade.

Never ends.

Lol, you are making a comparison out of my joke, well done sir. #neverends

We need to be realistic. I live in NE, do people realize Aaron Rodgers sucks in the 4th quarter of 2018 (he's been really bad)? Do you know how many pundits and fans make excuses for him? Reason I point out I live in NE is the argument here is when Brady sucks he's falling off a cliff but when Rodgers sucks it's everybody else's fault. To be clear I'M NOT COMPARING RODGERS TO TANNEHILL, I'm using Rodgers to point out QB's need help. It's not a one man show. With that being said I expect to see a serious uptick in QB play assuming every play doesn't look like a jailbreak blitz. I'm expecting easy plays to be made and will not use the rust excuse. unfortunately Ryan has no time to shake off rust. I'm going to be reasonable though, it has to look like he has a chance.

I have no issues with somebody competing with Tannehill next year (Teddy Bridgewater beating him out LOL, LOL,LOL) but don't want to move on to move on. If Miami has a conviction about a guy aggressively go after him but don't do it to do it. That's how you get Christian Ponder.

It seems that a lot of people are deadset on this ridiculous 'no excuses' narrative.

RT could play his best six games and the team can still lose. Judging him is fine but if you have the temperament of a two year old, your judgement isn't worth jackshit.

Let me explain this so you'll understand. EManning is a good QB. If his play deteriorates, it's the OL. Tannehill's OL? Excuse. Rodgers production deteriorates when Nelson is out? Brady's production deteriorates when Edleman/Gronk are out? The replacements aren't that good. Tannehill's production deteriorates with Wilson/Grant out and no TEs? Excuses. Bridgewater hasn't played in 25 years and had an EXCEEDINGLY bad injury - sign him as competition. Tannehill has an injury - he's done. Limits what he can do. Carr has one good W/L season and he's a top QB. Tannehill has one good W/L season and he needs to be replaced. Get the picture? There are excuses (Tannehill) and reasons (everyone else).
And I'm a guy who thinks Tannehill is average and would like an upgrade. I think Burke is bad and Gase is an inept OC. Doesn't matter.Any acknowledgement of a factor other than 'the target' is homerism.
That said, I want to see clear improvement from the Indy game to the third game and clear improvement from the 3rd game to the 6th game. I want to see improvement to the point the O looks legit by game 6. Yeah, that's rather nebulous, but playing worse or NO improvement should end the debate.

I have a feeling the Oline is really going to appear to struggle this week...

I have a feeling the Oline is really going to appear to struggle this week...

Not sure why unless it’s blitz pickup from the second level. I know one thing we can’t afford Jesse Davis to get smoked by scrubs in pass pro.

No one gets a bigger pass for his play this year than that guy.

Tackles have to be able to handle their edges. They bring in some I guess African undersized sub package guy that is explosive but raw as hell. Our tackles need to snuff that out with technique.

Yep we need to judge him now RIGHT NOW. With his offensive line decimated and his receivers on IR and no TE threat whatsoever.

Did I just make excuses for RT?

Fact is we already know who he is. These six games don’t need to show us anything we don’t already know.

11-5 in his last 16 starts is what he is.

Unless he comes out putting up Marino numbers for the rest of the games, there is nothing he can do anymore to make the case to remain unquestioned Dolphins starter. There needs to be legitimate competition brought in next year one way or the other.

I'd still target 2020 for franchise QB.

7 years in, announcers still say "Tan-e-hill", maybe show up when it counts.

We all know what type of qb he is. He has had 7yrs man. Yea he has been surrounded by suspect coaches and teammates I get that. But the only constant has been him. Do we have to wait till he is 50 ? I just want him to give us a chance. No exuses. Oline sucks? Get rid of the ball faster or run, dont stare down receivers, and have more pocket awareness. Throw the ball in the stands if no one open. I am not asking for much.

It seems that a lot of people are deadset on this ridiculous 'no excuses' narrative.

RT could play his best six games and the team can still lose. Judging him is fine but if you have the temperament of a two year old, your judgement isn't worth jackshit.
We know what type of qb he is. We have no choice but to see what he does the rest of the year.just hoping for a miracle. We are dolphin fans after all. Maybe he comes out and ball the hell out. If not he has to go

Back
Top Bottom