june first cuts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

june first cuts

Wrong

JohnDolphin73 said:
I would say that we would look at all positions. It would depend on the player that was released and the amount of money that they were demanding. Once we sign all our draft picks, we won't have much money cap wise to make any other big moves. If we do sign a player, look for it to be on the oline.

Wrong. Trading Surtain freed up enough money to sign the rookies and pick up one or two cheap FA's or one mid-priced FA or sign McMichael to a long term deal. Saban will let these months play themselves out before he makes his call. What we need is a veteran CENTER to displace the worst Dolphin Center of all time Seth McKinney and a SOLID DT that can also take on 2 OL at the point of attack so that Saban can switch into a 3-4 scheme whenever he likes. He's waited up until now to see if either Bowens or Chester can do it, but in my opinion Bowens is done and Chester won't be 100% healthy so a FA is the best thing to do.

GRYPHONK said:
Peyton manning...

Other then that I will wait till June.

But Saban does want LB'ER and safety help. So look for Marion to be a possibility

Marion can't run any more. I think he's finished.

I think we'll take it easy. We have the bulk of our development put in place and now all it will take is time and structure to implement an effective system.

jaxdolfan said:
Cuts.

Junior Seau

Tim Bowens if he doesnt retire

Derrius Thompson
Why would we cut Seau when he just redid his contract to come back cheap? I agree totally with Thompson unless he restructures... maybe even Howard.

I said Seau because he is old, and I dont think as versatile as what Saban wants. Saban has brought in lots of LB and hasnt cut any.

one of the only June 1sts cuts I think would happen is David Bowens which would save 1-2 million

Boik14 said:
I got 1 for ya: We will sign anyone that Saban thinks can help the team.

Personally id like to go get Az Hakim who is a great slot wr cause of his deep speed (even if he does drop more than youd like to see) or David Boston right now.

After June I think we might still look at a QB, Wr, D Line, LB's, and especially safety.

The guy is not the player he once was... ankle and hip injuries have taken some of his quickness.... he is better suited for turf in the slot... he is too expensive... he is inconsistent..... he only caught 33 ball's for $4.4m last year....

IAFINFAN said:
In reality even without any moves we are much better than last year just because our coaching staff is one of the best in the NFL and our guys will be learning the right way to do things and hard work will be expected and not praised.

I think it's a little premature to say our coaching staff is one of the best in the NFL when our head coach has never been a head coach in the NFL before. However, I like how the staff is put together and I think there is a lot of potential there.

Cuts for us: Jeff Zgonina, Daid Bowens, Josh Shaw, maybe Derrius Thompson or Reggie Howard

Guys who could be cut after June 1st:Travis Minor and Seth McKinney

Guys we could pick up: Az Hakim(speed reasons and less of a headache than Boston), Ty Law(probably won't but no Surtain makes him possible), any Big DTs,LBs,ar Ss.

we need all the money we can get with Brown getting a likely huge contract

I think we will release Travis Minor, Jeff Zgonina, David Bowens, and Cory Jenkins.

I don't think we will sign anyone after June 1rst. I think the pieces are in place and we will spend June taking care of rookie contracts, restructuring a few veteran contracts and re-signing Randy McMichael.

I would like to see us add another LB and S to the team after June 1.

some good players might also get cut from other teams around June 1st so Saban has to be ready to talk to them

Back
Top Bottom