Just a question | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just a question

Unless Rosen improves so much that he starts winning a bunch of games and pushes us too far down in the draft.

It depends on who is available to us in the draft.

If you have a QB that you think can be an elite player for us (say top 6 or 8 QB in the league), and you don't think you already have that in Rosen, you absolutely draft that QB.

If you don't feel that way about any QB in the draft, you roll with Rosen.

Listen.

Tua wears #13. If that isn’t a clear sign....

I think drafting a QB would actually motivate Rosen even more... 2 years in a row a team you start for drafts a QB in first round?? Rosen might snap and become the next record setting QB lol... if the Dolphins use that strategy to motivate and develop him and a new QB... It wouldnt mean they given up on Rosen. As far as I can tell though... Josh Rosen has everything we need in a QB. We need to address the pass rush and defense first in my opinion. Then oline and receivers....

Honestly, that's an open question. Right now, I need to see _significant_ improvement and _continual_ improvement, because he's not at a place where he's being effective and producing points. Yes, our OL sucks. But the rest of our personnel isn't too bad on offense. Starting game 5 (week 6), we should be seeing just what this offense does, because the players will have adjusted to the new schemes and systems. We'll be able to judge Rosen on production, and that means points, comebacks, ability to raise the level of the other players, etc. Starting Week 6, Rosen is officially on the clock, and the games start counting from my assessment. I've cut him slack before now, but starting with Week 6, it's all being tracked.

Rosen needs to become a much better QB, and that needs to start with the Washington game. We need to become a more productive offense, and that's on Rosen now, he's not a rookie, and he's not "new" … he's a young QB in the first year of an offense with a makeshift OL. For me to pass up a transformational QB, Rosen NEEDS to prove he is an elite talent and quickly becoming a very productive player … and Josh has a long ways to go to reach there.

We ………. are ………...……….. BAD.

It's not all because of our defense … and it's not all excusable on offense because the receivers dropped some passes and the OL is porous. Good QB's lift their teams. For me to not pull the trigger on one of those 3 elite QB prospects, Rosen needs to produce points, and produce wins. If we're drafting #1, #2, or #3 overall, Rosen is getting replaced. Pure and simple. If we're drafting #4 or below, then we can have a discussion … but Rosen isn't good enough to prevent being replaced at this time, so let's all hope he improves.

Honestly, that's an open question. Right now, I need to see _significant_ improvement and _continual_ improvement, because he's not at a place where he's being effective and producing points. Yes, our OL sucks. But the rest of our personnel isn't too bad on offense. Starting game 5 (week 6), we should be seeing just what this offense does, because the players will have adjusted to the new schemes and systems. We'll be able to judge Rosen on production, and that means points, comebacks, ability to raise the level of the other players, etc. Starting Week 6, Rosen is officially on the clock, and the games start counting from my assessment. I've cut him slack before now, but starting with Week 6, it's all being tracked.

Rosen needs to become a much better QB, and that needs to start with the Washington game. We need to become a more productive offense, and that's on Rosen now, he's not a rookie, and he's not "new" … he's a young QB in the first year of an offense with a makeshift OL. For me to pass up a transformational QB, Rosen NEEDS to prove he is an elite talent and quickly becoming a very productive player … and Josh has a long ways to go to reach there.

We ………. are ………...……….. BAD.

It's not all because of our defense … and it's not all excusable on offense because the receivers dropped some passes and the OL is porous. Good QB's lift their teams. For me to not pull the trigger on one of those 3 elite QB prospects, Rosen needs to produce points, and produce wins. If we're drafting #1, #2, or #3 overall, Rosen is getting replaced. Pure and simple. If we're drafting #4 or below, then we can have a discussion … but Rosen isn't good enough to prevent being replaced at this time, so let's all hope he improves.
I agree with your initial comment, but our offense is almost devoid of talent. We currently have no threat at all at TE, our WR corps is pure potential...Parker underachiever who flashes, Williams may be something if he can stop dropping the damn ball. Grant? Nice feel good story but he's just not good...at running routes and catching the ball which is kinda important in a WR. Wilson may be a keeper IF he comes back healthy. I like Drake at RB but he cant put the ball on the ground. I'm not making excuses for Rosen. Im all for getting him competition. But the O is bad.

I agree with your initial comment, but our offense is almost devoid of talent. We currently have no threat at all at TE, our WR corps is pure potential...Parker underachiever who flashes, Williams may be something if he can stop dropping the damn ball. Grant? Nice feel good story but he's just not good...at running routes and catching the ball which is kinda important in a WR. Wilson may be a keeper IF he comes back healthy. I like Drake at RB but he cant put the ball on the ground. I'm not making excuses for Rosen. Im all for getting him competition. But the O is bad.
I disagree brother. Drake is a decent RB. Parker is having a good year. Gesicki is getting open but running from the pass rush is preventing him from getting targeted down the seam. The problem is the OL, for sure, but our offense isn't that far from being decent … it's really just the OL that's hamstringing us right now. And of course … the QB position which we want to evaluate. I've seen some good flashes of pocket presence, evading the rush, making fewer poor decisions, and some good throws from Rosen. But not enough good to make me a believer yet. He needs to keep improving, and then we'll see where he is. We need to score points, because we're not the Arizona Cardinals offense Rosen led last year … we have better talent than that.

I suspect all you're going to get is opinions. Not all bad . . . it is a fan forum after all.
The real answer is no one knows.
No one knows how Rosen will progress the next 12 games. Some say he won't. Some say he's the next Montana. He WILL improve. The question is how much. Anyone who tells you they have the answer can be safely ignored.
No one knows what will be 'good enough' to satisfy Flo. Elite? I doubt it. Top 10? Maybe. Bottom half? That's QB with the top pick. People will throw around stats. Which ones matter to Flo? No one knows.
No one knows if Flo will consider if there is still room before Rosen hits his ceiling.
No one knows if Flo will factor in things like OL or receivers.
I suspect, having seen Brady for years, Flo will emphasize football intelligence and commitment to being great. How will he evaluate that? No one knows.
It is clear Rosen may end the season being 'good enough,' but he's not near there yet.
Gotta love watch me Mr go out on a ledge but play it down the middle guy

Back
Top Bottom