Just a thought | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wildbill3 said:
sometimes we get to be the nice cop who helps a little kid get her kitty cat out of tree, and other times we have to be ready to put a perp down.
:sidelol: internet analogies at its best.

feelthepain said:
So by that I'm guessing you think it's a bad idea??
That would be correct.
If you feel you're being treated unfairly by a mod, then bring it to an Admin's attention. There is not reason to hold popularity contests among the staff.

Wildbill3 said:
I'm not making light of anything, being a mod is not a popularity contest, it's very difficult to do the job we do, esp. if we had to worry about being fired everytime we did something unpopular. Mods really are police, (and I don't care what your opinion of police is...) sometimes we get to be the nice cop who helps a little kid get her kitty cat out of tree, and other times we have to be ready to put a perp down, if you don't like it, there are plenty of other forums where anarchy rules.

Whats the point in voicing an opinion in the "suggestion forum" to help make this site better for more then just the Mods, if everytime you open your mouth a rude, high an mighty Mod makes a statement such as this "if you don't like it, there are plenty of other forums where anarchy rules" I don't cause "anarchy" and I don't disrespect and I'm not rude, so why should I be subjected to the same treatment as those that do?? Are Mods and Admin the only ones with the brains to make suggestions are they the only ones that matter here?? Without the members you wouldn't be a Mod!!! I didn't suggest this to give you an excuse to be rude, infact it wasn't suggested to give the Mods another right or excuse to feel as thought they are in the trenches of Iraq, No it was because many times now I'm expereiencing Mods over stepping their boundries to flex their muscle because they feel invincible.

I'll promise you 99% of the time "I" have not said or done anything wrong to draw a rude sarcastic overbearing response or for the Mod to have an excuse to step in force something that wasn't called for that I seem to get, (Like the one in bold above) then if I respond feeling as though I didn't deserve the respons I got, it just gets worse because some Mods feel as though they are untouchable and say what they want simply because they are Mods.....I don't think so.

It seems Mods feel because they are given the power to govern it also gives them the right to be rude and obnoxious, they can stop the members from being rude and obnoxious but the rules don't apply to them. Do you honestly think I writting this because I've had one or two bad experiences?? Please, I have better things to do, however I won't stand ideally bye and let a 19 year old kid talk to me as if they are talking to thier 12 year old brother simply because they are a Mod.

Ya know, I understand there is a lot to do with a site this size. I also understand that some fans get carried away and say and do things that need to be handled. That does not excuse the Mods or give them the right to be rude simply becasue they have a lot to do. Look at it as though you're the consumer in a nice resturant , do you want to be treated rudely or with disrespect because someone else in the resturant made the owner or management mad?? No, so why should we!?!?!? Members like me might not be popular for brining this to light, but what should I do turn my back just because I like the site as a whole and don't want to be ban for trying to make the site good for everyone not just the lucky few that govern?? I think the reponse to this post will be interesting and will either have a positive effest or not we shall see.

WharfRat said:
That would be correct.
If you feel you're being treated unfairly by a mod, then bring it to an Admin's attention. There is not reason to hold popularity contests among the staff.

Ya know wharf no one said anything about a "popularity contest" and I didn't suggest holding anything among the staff, it was for the members. Just because you're a mod or Admin doesn't make you perfect, and all I was suggesting was a simple poll once a month to give the Adminn a better grasp on Mods that aren't mature enough to handle the position. It would also allow other members that migh want to help the site to get a chance to do so. I'm not one, so there is no ulterior motive here. However, I feel I could do the job better then some because I'm not full of myself and don't feel the need to be rude to be effective, and that was not directed towards you. I hope you understand my motive here, this is a great site for the most part. But as with anything a little tweaking wouldn't hurt.

feelthepain said:
Ya know wharf no one said anything about a "popularity contest" and I didn't suggest holding anything among the staff, it was for the members. Just because you're a mod or Admin doesn't make you perfect, and all I was suggesting was a simple poll once a month to give the Adminn a better grasp on Mods that aren't mature enough to handle the position. It would also allow other members that migh want to help the site to get a chance to do so. I'm not one, so there is no ulterior motive here. However, I feel I could do the job better then some because I'm not full of myself and don't feel the need to be rude to be effective, and that was not directed towards you. I hope you understand my motive here, this is a great site for the most part. But as with anything a little tweaking wouldn't hurt.

Instead of all this rigamarole, why don't you just PM Wharf and tell him who it is you think is so immature, and he'll deal with it?

I don't see anyone else who thinks this is a good idea, and the word already came down that it's not going to happen. So why belabor it?

feelthepain said:

Although I agree with you bro, you are defending an uphill battle. I have had a few bump-ins with power crazed mods where they went beyond what was needed. What you are suggesting sounds like almost a rating system for members to do to the mods what the mods can do to the members.

If members are going to be held to stand to the TOS, mods should also. But, as should be a perfect example with WildBill's post, you are fighting an uphill battle and giving suggestions on critiquing the critiquers. I would highly doubt any of them would take your comments with open arms.

One of the reason's I found WB's analogy hilarious is if mods are Police, then some members are definately Rodney King. :lol: Police too have quality control measures but to the mods defense, I think the warning system here will benefit both sides, the mods and members. It will let members get subtle warnings before they are banned instead of banning them for no reason and it will HOPEFULLY assure that a mod cant jump the gun on someone and ban them for a 2 pt offense.

Again... if there is a problem with what you see as a "power hungry" or "immature" mod. PM either me, inFINS, MindWarp, or PPPMI...
the analogy between the warning system , and rating users is preposterous. We've been tracking user warnings for years, nothings changed there, and it's not a "rating system".
Simple solution...take it or leave it... get in touch with an Admin, or try to get AJ's attention, if you have a problem with any of the staff.
Case Closed.

NaboCane said:
Instead of all this rigamarole, why don't you just PM Wharf and tell him who it is you think is so immature, and he'll deal with it?

I don't see anyone else who thinks this is a good idea, and the word already came down that it's not going to happen. So why belabor it?

PM him 6 times right?:njphins:

How come the mods can embarass a user in a thread by giving them 24 hours off, and yes it is embarassing the way it is done and the sarcastic nature the mods use when doing it, why cant THAT be handled in private?

Yet we cant voice our opinions about a mod in a thread ever

I think FTP has a great Idea

Anyway Thats just my opinion no disrespect there

Alex22 said:
How come the mods can embarass a user in a thread by giving them 24 hours off, and yes it is embarassing the way it is done and the sarcastic nature the mods use when doing it, why cant THAT be handled in private?

Shhhhhhh you might upset them

Wildbill3 said:
in case anyone hasn't noticed, Finheaven is NOT a Democracy. It is a Dictatorship, with AJ at the top.

Alex22 said:

I believe you tend to get a warning first (unless real bad) and I believe the new system is different, you get a PM telling you what and why.

FiN.in.RI said:
Stop your crying already and start your own forum.
Stop your crying about other peoples suggestions and start your own suggestion free forum. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom