Just a thought | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Philter25 said:
There were a few times when Muck banned someone and he left a comment or two in their post which I didnt think was nice and I think he went beyond what was needed.

I remember that, and you've referred to that many times. That was what? a year ago? (give or take).
Muck is really no longer an active Admin...he's retired, so to speak.
Are there any current members of the staff that you take an issue with?
If so, PM me, and we can discuss it.
If not, please stop refering to something that, as you said, we settled via PM some time ago.

FiN.in.RI said:
A few of you members need to just get over it.

Stop your crying already and start your own forum.

^ not a complaint. I'm just not a fan of men who whine, on the internet, on a privately owned message board, especially one that I love.

And I WILL let you know about it, every time.

Want some provalone?

FiN.in.RI said:
^ not a complaint. I'm just not a fan of men who whine, on the internet, on a privately owned message board, especially one that I love.

And I WILL let you know about it, every time.

Want some provalone?
So you are not a fan of exactly what you are doing? Someone is making a suggestion and he is "complaining", yet you are going to whine about them complaining and then tell them you arent a fan of it? Priceless. I too am not a big fan of those type of people, however if someone is going to make a suggestion in the suggestion forum, Im not going to take a dig at them.

And I WILL stick up for them, every time.

I prefer Mozzarella, want another cancer stick? :lol:

WharfRat said:
I remember that, and you've referred to that many times. That was what? a year ago? (give or take).
Muck is really no longer an active Admin...he's retired, so to speak.
Are there any current members of the staff that you take an issue with?
If so, PM me, and we can discuss it.
If not, please stop refering to something that, as you said, we settled via PM some time ago.
I only referred to it once because you were taking my post in the wrong context and I felt clarification was necessary. Again, I was only agreeing with the original poster and not trying to start an argument.

Philter25 said:
So you are not a fan of exactly what you are doing? Someone is making a suggestion and he is "complaining", yet you are going to whine about them complaining and then tell them you arent a fan of it? Priceless. I too am not a big fan of those type of people, however if someone is going to make a suggestion in the suggestion forum, Im not going to take a dig at them.

And I WILL stick up for them, every time.

I prefer Mozzarella, want another cancer stick? :lol: .

:nono:

NaboCane said:
In fact, I'm surprised that scrap hasn't weighed in by now, or more of the other boys with their various aliases.

I think this is eveidence that there are members that have concerns.

I just have a blunt style and believe in telling a person what I think.

I'm glad you have a style, but diplomacy would be a better character trait and better suited for a Mod then arrogance!! This is where the problem lies IMO, If you feel you should be a Mod you should understand you are here to defuse problems not enhance them. You have to leave your ego out of the job because it's counterproductive in whats trying to be accomplished. I don't understand how you can be open minded and objective to others if you're not able to do it yourself. Telling someone what you think while telling them they are wrong just adds to the heat of the moment, it also angers people and thats not your job.

You can help this site by taking a neutral position and not forcing your believes or opinion on others just because you're a Mod, it's not your right. You would be much more successful by saying as little as possible without being rude, you're not going to make everyone happy, but you will get more respect in the long run because you don't put yourself and your believes above others. The biggest problem I see with the way some Mods handle things is adding their opinion like it's the right opinion. Your job is simple you're Switzerland you have no opinion one way or the other your job is to keep peace not to provoke. It's really that simple.

feelthepain said:
I think this is eveidence that there are members that have concerns.

I'm glad you have a style, but diplomacy would be a better character trait and better suited for a Mod then arrogance!! This is where the problem lies IMO, If you feel you should be a Mod you should understand you are here to defuse problems not inhance them. You have to leave your ego out of the job because it's counterproductive in whats trying to be accomplished. I don't understand how you can be open minded and objective to others if you're not able to do it yourself. Telling someone what you think while telling them they are wrong just adds to the heat of the moment, it also angers people and thats not your job.

You can help this site by taking a neutral position and not forcing your believes or opinion on others just because you're a Mod, it's not your right. You would be much more successful by saying as little as possible without being rude, you're not going to make everyone happy, but you will get more respect in the long run because you don't put yourself and your believes above others. The biggest problem I see with the way some Mods handle things is adding their opinion like it's the right opinion. Your job is simple you're Switzerland you have no opinion one way or the other your job is to keep peace not to provoke. It's really that simple.

Why are you telling him what to do and how to do it?

I just see it as people having a problem with authority no matter how menial (internet!!) the authority is.

The majority here does not have a concern with the way this site is run and if you step back and look at the broad view you(or anyone else) just might realize this. Until then complaints about the basis of running this site will be turned to a deaf ear, hopefully, and rightfully so.

FiN.in.RI said:
Why are you telling him what to do and how to do it?

I just see it as people having a problem with authority no matter how menial (internet!!) the authority is.

The majority here does not have a concern with the way this site is run and if you step back and look at the broad view you(or anyone else) just might realize this. Until then complaints about the basis of running this site will be turned to a deaf ear, hopefully, and rightfully so.

I'm not telling anyone anything I'm making a suggestion and voicing my opinion
last time I checked, that is my right as an American.

FiN.in.RI said:
It's ignorant. Plain and simple. :)

How do you expect to get respect by saying things like this?? If you have no respect, no one values your opinion.

feelthepain said:
I'm not telling anyone anything I'm making a suggestion and voicing my opinion
last time I checked, that is my right as an American.
But you sure can be muted on the Internet :quiet:

feelthepain said:
How do you expect to get respect by saying things like this?? If you have no respect, no one values your opinion.

First off, Don't lecture me on Respect.

Second off, The people on here that get my respect are those who deserve it.

End Of Discussion. Thanks.

:ri:

This is just my thoughts, and I'm not asking anyone to agree or disagree.

This is AJ's brainchild. Aj and the Admins came up with the rules and run the site and they pick the Mods.

If they feel someone should be warned or banned, so be it!

If you don't like what they do, PM AJ or a different Mod and tell them you have a problem, if they feel your problem with a Mod is legit, they will do something. And if they do something to that Mod, they have the right to tell you if they want, if not, tough!

Its really that simple in my mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom