Just don't understand???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just don't understand????

TheBostonBomber

Practice Squad
Reaction score
How people still can say that they would feel comfortable with the current o-line situation because we will be able to add as a result of june 1st cuts.

These same people also wouldn't mind it if we took lb, de, dt, or possibly safety with our first pick. They always defend there outrageous thinking with the over hyped phrase BPA. Receiver would be a viable option with the first if we traded down, thus still having the ability with our 2nd pick to nab our coveted rg or rt that we so desperatly need. However, if your going to look at it like that, we would be better of drafting o-line first regardless, because of the deep wr crop compared to the stingy o-line crop. It is pivital that we land our big man before the season starts.

Have some finfans learned nothing from the past? Have they forgotten what got us in to the mess we were in last year concerning o-line? We didn't land o-line in the draft for whatever reason, the reason is not the point. The point is we thought we could land some after the draft, but we could not. As a result, we went in to the 03 season with a o-line that was weak at best. And wouldn't you know, as luck would have it, some of our boys got injured. I think we all know what happened after that.

And here we are now, in the same situation, only that rick has done some outstanding moves in free agency and has given us the oppurtunity to really focus in on the o-line stud that we need not only for this season but for the future. Do some finfans really want to chance it again and go with a player that is not our need. Please don't come @ me with "Our lb's and dt's our getting old, we need there replacements", that is such crap. Yes, we do need depth @ those positions, so what, what we really need is a o-lineman that can lay some d-linemen on there A$$ for ricky; maybe you people forgot that this team lives and dies with the running game. I said it before and I will say it again, if we overlook o-lineman in this draft and wait until june 1st cuts there is a strong possibility that we will get burned. I would rather get burned trying to pick up depth for a position, rather then get burned trying to pick up a critical and some may say last piece of the puzzle, what about you guys?? If andrews is not there it doesn't mean we pick BPA, because(although alot of people on this board think we do) we DON'T have the luxury of doing it. Andrews slipping does not mean we abandon our quest for rg or rt, it means we either get the best possible partner to trade down with or we use our 20th to pick up the next best o-lineman(smiley imo). In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if rick thinks smiley is better suited for us then andrews(as "finatic" eluded to in an earlier post wich I loved). Either way, we HAVE to land one of these road graders for the sake of our running game(the foundation of this team).

Like a wise man once said, those who forget the past our doomed to repeat it.

Seems to me like some finfans have really bad memories.

NOTE: If you disagree please don't come at me with juvenile reasons or start to bash. I would like to hear some thought out posts that fully explain why you disagree, not petty one-liners. Thanks.

By selecting an offensive lineman, that doesn't necessarily do anything for next year. The idea that a first round pick is an automatic fix for next year's offensive line, I feel is crazy.

I just feel that the draft is a place where you try to get players that help in a year or two down the road. Which is also why I would never call a player a bust after their first year. If you look at the history of the draft, vast majority of players who even become good players, even in the first round, did not become good players until their 2nd or 3rd years. IMO, you don't put all your cards into a crap shoot. (how is that for a induhvisual statement).

So I am totally for picking a linebacker or defensive tackle, because I don't feel like counting on an offensive lineman helping next year. Yet I do know that next year or the year after, Miami is going to need a linebacker. I know they need depth for linebacker this year, which a rookie is good for. Especially if a special one, like Vilma or Wilfork is at number 20.

Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
By selecting an offensive lineman, that doesn't necessarily do anything for next year. The idea that a first round pick is an automatic fix for next year's offensive line, I feel is crazy.

I just feel that the draft is a place where you try to get players that help in a year or two down the road. Which is also why I would never call a player a bust after their first year. If you look at the history of the draft, vast majority of players who even become good players, even in the first round, did not become good players until their 2nd or 3rd years. IMO, you don't put all your cards into a crap shoot. (how is that for a induhvisual statement).

So I am totally for picking a linebacker or defensive tackle, because I don't feel like counting on an offensive lineman helping next year. Yet I do know that next year or the year after, Miami is going to need a linebacker. I know they need depth for linebacker this year, which a rookie is good for. Especially if a special one, like Vilma or Wilfork is at number 20.

No thinking that you can select a rookie OL to come in and start is not crazy. If that player has dominated at his position in college there is no reason to think that they cannot come in and start at a Nfl level.

OL is not like QB, but its not a piece of cake either. But players like Andrews and Smiley should be able to come in and start.

Thats why the 1st round of the draft is so important DUH!!

Because those are the players who are supposed to be able to come in and put up numbers from day one.

LB or DT your crazy!!! really.

I dont know what Miami Dolphin team you be watching, but obviously its a different team then the one we all watched last year!

No one is saying that the o-linemen is going to be a stud his first, it would be nice, but I think one of the top 4 olinemen will help us out TREMENDOUSLY this year considering our situation on the right side.

Dupree, u better count on an o-line helping next year cause if we don't land a big name we are in for along season..again.

Lets draft for this year with our first, and next year with the rest if that makes u happy. We can't let o-linemen go by us, not again.

dude, stop with the insults, this guy has his opinion, you have yours. he happens to be watching the miami dolphins and has a damn good opinion on the situation, what team were you watching last year?

i saw a flunky QB throwing our ball to receivers that couldn't catch. OL's fault? Not hardly.

RS has retooled the OL, we are ONE FA away from fixing it, we got our #2 WR, but we still have major ?'s at QB.

How would it be "crazy" to go something other than OL? Once again, your OPINION on the matter is that we go OL. And since when did Andrews and Smiley become surefire prospects? Last I recalled Andrews was the #2 OL in the draft and was considered a significant drop off in talent from Gallery. in addition, he has weight problems, as well as question marks to his back. Smiley is less of a potential than andrews, nad like I said, we can get FA Ol wtih POTENTIAL just as young and NOT USE A SINGEL DRAFT PICK.

Or have you forgotten that? Go look in the FA, and see how many promising young WR's or QB's are in it.

Why are people against drafting what this team is critically in need of???? O-line solidation!

Waiting to pick up a o-line free agent, is a risk that is avoidable.

Andrews, Smiley,(Carey?) have a good chance of becoming perrenial pro-bowlers. Reading it everywhere.

Graythreat, we have our Qb, stop holding on to false hope. If feeley doesn't cut it( He will IMO), we can draft or pick up FA next offseason. Lets start worrying about this season and making it ti the superbowl with our talent. Only way that will happen is to solidify o-line. Anyone disagree??

Originally posted by TheBostonBomber
Why are people against drafting what this team is critically in need of???? O-line solidation!

Andrews, Smiley,(Carey?) have a good chance of becoming perrenial pro-bowlers. Reading it everywhere.

I seen you returned the favor BostonBomber

stole the words right out my mouth

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think that we'll take a lineman with our first pick but I trust whatever Rick does and if he picks DT then I'll be happy with that.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by DolFinatic718

No thinking that you can select a rookie OL to come in and start is not crazy. If that player has dominated at his position in college there is no reason to think that they cannot come in and start at a Nfl level.

There are lot of reasons to think they can't come in and start at the NFL level. The first reason is, in the NFL level is higher then the college level.

Look I am not against Miami taking an offensive lineman. I will just ask you this question, who would you rather have. Ray Lewis or Chris Villarrial?

I would rather take the chance of having someone special at linebacker or defensive tackle or even wide reciever then someone servicable at guard.

Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree

There are lot of reasons to think they can't come in and start at the NFL level. The first reason is, in the NFL level is higher then the college level.

Look I am not against Miami taking an offensive lineman. I will just ask you this question, who would you rather have. Ray Lewis or Chris Villarrial?

I would rather take the chance of having someone special at linebacker or defensive tackle or even wide reciever then someone servicable at guard.

WHAT ARE U TALKING ABOUT?:confused: :lol:

weak post dupree, ur takin a chance on any lb or de u pick as well, let me ask u this, would u rather take a chance on proven roadgraders that can help us out(not be awsome..but solid) with our pitiful right side that will cause us to have flashbacks of last year, or on a lb or de for depth this year but will not play a big key if we go anywhere.

Remember all u nonbelievers of picking a stud o-linemen in the first round, u like to bring the point up of having replacements for seau and thomas. We'll its not like were just going to be bringing this stud o-linemen in for 1 year. He will be with us for years hopefully, improving, dominating, leading the way for ricky to run wild,

Again, remember, we run or we die!

weak post dupree, ur takin a chance on any lb or de u pick as well, let me ask u this, would u rather take a chance on proven roadgraders that can help us out(not be awsome..but solid) with our pitiful right side that will cause us to have flashbacks of last year, or on a lb or de for depth this year but will not play a big key if we go anywhere.

Remember all u nonbelievers of picking a stud o-linemen in the first round, u like to bring the point up of having replacements for seau and thomas. We'll its not like were just going to be bringing this stud o-linemen in for 1 year. He will be with us for years hopefully, improving, dominating, leading the way for ricky to run wild,

Again, remember, we run or we die!

Hey this is fun, we're like tag team partners, first i get them, then you get them, Ok Ok, tag i'm in now!!!:lol: :lol:

Well, I for one agree with you. RG is our biggest need followed closely by RT. Hopefully when McIntosh gets healthy he can fill the void at RT. Other than that we have question marks at C, RG, and RT that need to be addressed. And I believe they will be.

Anyone who is holding on to hope of drafting Phil Rivers needs to get over it. We're not getting Phil Rivers. RS is putting his faith in A.J Feeley, and thats that. If you don't like it, tough. I find it hard to believe we invested a 2nd round pick in a QB to warm the bench. A.J. is gonna get his shot. Besides, seems quite a few teams are looking at QBs who are ahead of us. I don't think Rivers is even gonna make it to the 20th pick.

Anyone who is suggesting drafting defense with our first rounder is foolish. Our defense is fine as is. Maybe a S/LB in the later rounds but thats it. If Andrews or Carey aren't on board at 20, we trade down. Simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom