Just For FUN - Top of The Line Free Agent you'd Consider Paying Top Dollar For ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just For FUN - Top of The Line Free Agent you'd Consider Paying Top Dollar For ?

cuzinvinny

Active Roster
Reaction score
I know we've already got a Free Agent thread, but it's not like a whole hell of a lot of things are happening, don't want to waste anyones time so if you do feel that its wasting your time just skip it....

Was wondering with the enormous cap space we do have, I was thinking it might not be out of the question to acquire 1 or 2 or Your thoughts on an actual top of the list high priced player. If not thats understandable but would like to hear what the posters who are open to it would find applicable to our situation ?

Young top shelf OL
Say a Justin Simmons
Byron Jones
Clowney
Yannick Ngakoue
Matt Judon
Quinton Dunbar (trade involved)
to name just a few

They'd be mostly top dollar but not unusual to maybe expect one of these guys or your guy.

Personally like one to be OL, not far behind DB/S, and edge guy though see draft an option though do believe that a FA with proven experience is somewhat a bonus

Matt Judon and Thuney would be an absolute boon IF we are going to open up the wallet. Love to get a Trae Waynes or Danny Shelton to help bolster the secondary and the interior dline.

Byron Jones
Yannick Ngakoue
Joe Thuney

Add these 3... keep all of our picks and grow from there … would give us a decent head start in the rebuild … maybe some trade down flexibility for future picks

Looks like Judon is getting a franchise tag … may be worth matching

Anthony Castonzo and Joe Thuney. Draft ROT Wills/Wirfs, OC Cushenberry/Hennessy/Ruiz, OG Stenberg/Bredeson.

Wouldn't mind some DE talent too but I want the darn OL fixed this year.

So you think that we can add 3 high priced FA ?

I mean I know we can, but I'm not clear on the ideal amount we can add and still be strong enough in the cap dept to make the additional pickups of still quality but more affordable. I guess from our point of view not having any real idea how the organization see's it is the million dollar question. I'd love three Judon, Thuney, Jones or Simmons that would be a hell of a start.

Anthony Castonzo and Joe Thuney. Draft ROT Wills/Wirfs, OC Cushenberry/Hennessy/Ruiz, OG Stenberg/Bredeson.

Wouldn't mind some DE talent too but I want the darn OL fixed this year.

If not mistaken Castonzo said he'd would only sign with the Colts or the 32 year old was going to hang up his cleats. (still thinking)

Another RT seems like a need especially if Tua is added but age would need to be a consideration due to Tua maybe not being on the field for a time. There's RT Bryan Bulaga is 31 is top shelf but injuries in past. Conklin better for the gd game RT and young 26 so he'd be there a while....

Funny Thuney seems to be at the top of the list of our Free Agents so far with a majority..

Derrick Henry

Love the Old style brusiers like Henry. Just think that maybe the big money spent other areas possibly more critical at this stage (JMO). But I'm an old Zonk, Campbell, damn even Jim Brown when I was a youngster whorshiper and still am. Love to see speedy RB with AJ Dillon ( a hopeful draft pick for me)..Miss seeing backs running over instead of around guys, for it was a very exciting part of the game.

Thuney because he helps us and hurts Patriots.

Back
Top Bottom