Just great...another 2nd round defensive player who can help special teams | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just great...another 2nd round defensive player who can help special teams

I have to assume

that you are deliberately misinterpreting what I'm saying. I have told you that I don't buy into the best player available strategy, and I just listed one example.

Nugent is the most dominating player at his position. He was the best kicker in football by a wide margin. I'm not saying he is the most explosive player, or would have the biggest impact. He's the best kicker by a wider margin than Alex Smith is the best QB. Best player is a relative thing.

Hence, you draft..for need.

erralyn said:
Gee, I wonder who this reminds me of.

We spend a lot of money in free agency signing Defensive Ends, then we go out and draft one.

The Surtain trade was supposed to shift the team's emphasis from defense to offense, and we use that pick on a defensive player?

We had a glut at CB (with Surtain, Poole, Madison and Howard). Now we have a glut at DE.

Hmm, usings picks on RBs and defensive depth. Saban, you and WannspielJohnson are peas in a pod, as far as drafting is concerned.
:shakeno:

erralyn said:
Gee, I wonder who this reminds me of.

We spend a lot of money in free agency signing Defensive Ends, then we go out and draft one.

The Surtain trade was supposed to shift the team's emphasis from defense to offense, and we use that pick on a defensive player?

We had a glut at CB (with Surtain, Poole, Madison and Howard). Now we have a glut at DE.

Hmm, usings picks on RBs and defensive depth. Saban, you and WannspielJohnson are peas in a pod, as far as drafting is concerned.

Has there ever been a draft pick you were happy with?

In fact, the last time I remember you posting, was last year's draft.... had nothing good to say about that one either... and the year before... same thing.

This draft is far and above better than the last several years, but you still trash it. why?

Back
Top Bottom