Just listened to the Bill Parcells show | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just listened to the Bill Parcells show

That was kind of cold of Parcells

to say" Miami doesn't have an NFL passing game." now that I think about it. I should have put that one in my original thread. I don't like to hear things like that, but he must have a reason for saying it. I think since we haven't really shown a vertical passing attack Parcells thinks we don't have one. Maybe this week we will change his mind with a few bombs to chambers.

:D :D :D

Lets just be honest. Jay hasn't made many mistakes, but he hasn't made many plays either.

What does that mean? I'm not sure, but I know this, there will be games (maybe this week) where teams will take the run away and make Jay beat them. Let's hope he can.

Remember, a balanced offense means teams have to fear the passing game. We haven't shown that yet.

Originally posted by PhinKev
Lets just be honest. Jay hasn't made many mistakes, but he hasn't made many plays either.

What does that mean? I'm not sure, but I know this, there will be games (maybe this week) where teams will take the run away and make Jay beat them. Let's hope he can.

Remember, a balanced offense means teams have to fear the passing game. We haven't shown that yet.

You know, guys just are not satisfied unless Jay goes out there and throws a deep ball.

Well here is news for you....HE DOESN'T HAVE TO!!!

Jay can hit the short and intermediate routes just fine and he is accurate with those throws. Jay has enough TDs and the QB rating to disprove all of the nonsense some of you haters are spouting.

When he was forcing it, you cried about that...now he has the smarts not to force it, and you cry about that!

Marino is on HBO, he is not coming back so stop expecting Jay to be super. He is a good QB that can win the Super Bowl.

Originally posted by PhinKev

Jay proved last year that he can beat teams without the benefit of a running attack. With a better offensive system and more weapons why would that not hold true this year?

No, he is saying since anyone who defends Fiedler is a homer, does that make anyone who bashes Fiedler a realist? I honestly don't see why you don't like Fiedler so much. Its no use arguing anymore. If his on field performance doesn't change your view on him, I guess only God Himself can........

Don't know what Jay Feidler has to do (short of winning a SB) to get accepeted by Fins fans. I was a doubter before but look at his play over these 3 games and about 7 (?) over last season. Is he a prolific, big number passer like Dan? No and he doesn't have to be. Can someone please give him some credit?

Go Fins!

I think those who find ANY reason for blaming Fiedler are no better or worse than those who'll find ANY reason to absolve him of blame. Since the middle of last season Fiedler has looked like the QB we were promised. So long as he keeps making good decisions, I have no problem supporting him as our QB. By the same token, if he starts forcing things again, I'm going to criticize him for it. Fairs fair, he's an entertainer and we pay his salary.

When did this board become the home of political or should I say Dolphin correctness. If someone points out that Jay has missed some throws and that the passing game has been only average (just look a the stats) it doesn't mean that that person is a Jay hater.

Personally, I like Jay. Would I ever confuse him with Marino? No. But, I think he has what it takes to lead us to the Superbowl.

With that said. Our passing game needs some work. As some of you have pointed out repeatedly, it doesn't matter so much when Ricky is running free. But, is there anyone here that honestly believes that we will not have games where Ricky will be stopped, or we will have to pass to win.

In addition, the ability to threaten the field with the passing game will help our running game by forcing teams to play the safeties off of the line.

There are a few reasons that the passing game hasn't really clicked. Jay has missed some open receivers. Some receivers have dropped catchable passes. AND we have played against two teams that play a cover two which is difficult to get deep on and Jay has SMARTLY not tried to force the ball into coverage.

As is clear from the above, it's not all Jays fault and its not that bad. But lets get things right so that when we need to pass, we will have the confidence that we can do it.

"I think those who find ANY reason for blaming Fiedler are no better or worse than those who'll find ANY reason to absolve him of blame."

Excellent statement. However, most people are NOT absolving him of blame. We are simply arguing against guys like clayton83 who bash him for things that haven't even happened (2 picks verse Detroit). The fact is that a lot of us are annoyed that no matter what Jay does he is blamed for doing something wrong, and only because he isn't wearing 13. News flash for you guys. Marino is retired. Contrary to belief, we Jay supporters miss him as much as you all, but the difference between us is that we have accepted that he is no longer our QB. Its time for you all to accept it also. We have a great team now, and it is BECAUSE of Jay Fielder, not in spite of him......

Clayton's mind is scewed. That is obvious.

Jay is a good Quarterback. He has done well, and can do what needs to be done when he is asked to do it. He is top 5 when is comes to clutch.

Jay practiced today and the coaches said he looked good and was making all the throws. I wouldn't worry about him.

PHINPHAN1227: this is what homer oliver said in his rpely to my initial post in the thread JAY FIEDLER AND THE 2002 DOLPHINS on page 2. here is what he posted.....................

"... seems to me if you are a Dolphins fan you are a Jay supporter. Anything else defies the term "Dolphins fan", no?

Oliver...

so i guess if you find ANY fault with the great jay feidler, you are not a true dolphins fan. imagine that.

homer time!!

No, if you make up faults that aren't there, then you aren't a Dolphins fan. Well you may be one, but not a good one. You become a Pete Prisco who refuses to acknowledge the talent on this team, or in your case, the talent in Jay Fiedler......

Originally posted by 13isgr81

Jay proved last year that he can beat teams without the benefit of a running attack. With a better offensive system and more weapons why would that not hold true this year?

This question is the bottom line.

I have great respect for Coach Parcells and the fact that he thinks we're going to win the game suits me just fine. We are in the early stages of learning a new offense under a new coach so maybe today we don't have an elite NFL passing game, whatever that is. What he said was that we have balance and that means Rickey is doing his job and Jay is doing his. Before we begin comparing our offense with the great Cowboy offense under Norv we must be honest and admit that Jay is not even close to Troy Aikman in his prime. I really like Jay but to me he's more like a young Bob Griese. Jay is getting better every game and we haven't seen his best football yet. I hope we see it this year as he leads us to a Super Bowl victory. I see Jay in this years Pro Bowl and I think he's a better Q.B. than Tom Brady. I'd rather have Jay than Kordell Stewart or todays version of "Air McNair. Jay brought us back ala Marino,Staubach etc. to victory 4 or 5 times last year, he has great courage, he plays with pain and he is becoming a great field general out there but he is still a work in progress. He has a very long way to go before he can be compared to Aikman. Aikman was awesome so this is no knock on Jay at all. I am glad he's on our team and as I've been posting since the start of the summer Norv will bring out the best in Jay. We are seeing it already. Dolphins 27 Chiefs16 and then were going to tear into New England like a pack of hungry jackals but let's take it one game at a time. THE FISH RULE!!!

Back
Top Bottom