Just listened to the Bill Parcells show | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just listened to the Bill Parcells show

Originally posted by clayton83
PHINPHAN1227: this is what homer oliver said in his rpely to my initial post in the thread JAY FIEDLER AND THE 2002 DOLPHINS on page 2. here is what he posted.....................

"... seems to me if you are a Dolphins fan you are a Jay supporter. Anything else defies the term "Dolphins fan", no?

Oliver...

so i guess if you find ANY fault with the great jay feidler, you are not a true dolphins fan. imagine that.

homer time!!

Oliver and I have gone round and round on other Phin boards. He has some great things to say at times, but that statement is patently ridiculous. No single player, not even Dan is worthy of blind devotion. We pay the players salaries, and we have the right to criticize them when they don't perform as promised. As I said, right now Jay is playing as well or better than I think we have a right to expect, and I have NO complaints. If he starts throwing into double/triple coverage again however, that will change. As for "might have beens", I couldn't care less about them. If the reciever saved an Int, Jay deserves a little credit for throwing it to the guy who made the save. If the reciever drops the ball, Jay deserves a little blame for not throwing it better. It washes in the end, and all that REALLY matters is what DOES happen on the field, not what MIGHT have happenned.

Originally posted by SWS84
on the Sporting News website. I sure like his commentary about football. To me, he's a guy who knows what he's talking about, unlike a few others I could mention, but won't. Anyway, Parcells likes Miami in this game, but thinks that KC has the better offense of the two. Parcells feels that Miami's weakness is the passing game, thus we won't be exploiting KC's weakness, the secondary. He goes on to say that Miami is a more balanced team and gives us the edge. However, if we don't hold up well against KC's underated O-line then we may be in for a long day.

I think it is interesting for him to say our passing game is suspect, but I really can't argue that point. Although I like Jay, and his rating is 3rd best right now, I think he can do better. Sure one can say McMichael this and McMichael that, but against the Jets, Jay wasn't sharp as I have seen him. Also, the O-line needs to do a little better in passpro and yes, the receivers need to catch the ball better, Gadsden this means you!!! Sure make the fancy catch and drop the easy ones [lol].

I think in a game like this, a dropped pass here and there will come back to haunt us so it's important for our guys to stay focused and get the job done!

Go Miami!!!

at least he is being honest. But ne thing he doesnt understand. and that is norv wont use his WR's until necessary cus he is saving it for real defenses. but i would suspect he will go long and down the middle sunday at KC.

Originally posted by PhinKev
Lets just be honest. Jay hasn't made many mistakes, but he hasn't made many plays either.

What does that mean? I'm not sure, but I know this, there will be games (maybe this week) where teams will take the run away and make Jay beat them. Let's hope he can.

Remember, a balanced offense means teams have to fear the passing game. We haven't shown that yet.

jay hasnt made many plays either? where have you been? and another thing. what is the main key for fiedler not screwing up or throwing big bombs downfield? i dont care if we dont throw downfield as long as we are winning and not making mistakes! if we can run the ball all day on a team why would we want to throw long? we want to control the clock and keep the football. norv takes what the defense gives. im sure kc will give many throws downfield and then everyones stereotype, like parsells, will change. so who really gives a rat's stinky ars!

Originally posted by Superself

You know, guys just are not satisfied unless Jay goes out there and throws a deep ball.

Well here is news for you....HE DOESN'T HAVE TO!!!

Jay can hit the short and intermediate routes just fine and he is accurate with those throws. Jay has enough TDs and the QB rating to disprove all of the nonsense some of you haters are spouting.

When he was forcing it, you cried about that...now he has the smarts not to force it, and you cry about that!

Marino is on HBO, he is not coming back so stop expecting Jay to be super. He is a good QB that can win the Super Bowl.

yeah why do you think the raiders run the dink and dunk all day? cus they win with it! until they run into the dolphins that is.

Originally posted by MiaMarino
Don't know what Jay Feidler has to do (short of winning a SB) to get accepeted by Fins fans. I was a doubter before but look at his play over these 3 games and about 7 (?) over last season. Is he a prolific, big number passer like Dan? No and he doesn't have to be. Can someone please give him some credit?

Go Fins!

jay's not sexy. he is not someone that everyone wants to get on there knees and open wide.

Re: That was kind of cold of Parcells

Originally posted by SWS84
to say" Miami doesn't have an NFL passing game." now that I think about it. I should have put that one in my original thread. I don't like to hear things like that, but he must have a reason for saying it. I think since we haven't really shown a vertical passing attack Parcells thinks we don't have one. Maybe this week we will change his mind with a few bombs to chambers.

:D :D :D

I agree, we haven't shown much of a vertical passing game yet.
Norv hasn't had a need to in 2 of the 3 games and in the Colts game Jay was off on a few deeper throws which some sports reporters and I think kept him from taking additional chances.

When the time comes I believe Chambers will get his chance and hopefully Fiedler will shine by hitting him in stride right down the sideline. Then all of Norv's weapons will have been shown and the sportscasters can say whatever they want. Regardless, the Fins will keep winning......... hopefully right through January and into February! :D

Where did I say that 1227?

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Oliver, did you actually say "if you don't like jay feidler, your not a true dolphins fan!! "?

So where does that leave you?

I think those who find ANY reason for blaming Fiedler are no better or worse than those who'll find ANY reason to absolve him of blame. Since the middle of last season Fiedler has looked like the QB we were promised. So long as he keeps making good decisions, I have no problem supporting him as our QB. By the same token, if he starts forcing things again, I'm going to criticize him for it. Fairs fair, he's an entertainer and we pay his salary.

You have no say here 1227...

... you say Jay plays badly when he plays well. You are biased and your past posts last year prove that without a doubt. The problem is you want Fiedler to play like a Marino when most of us understand those days are long gone for the majority of NFL QB's.

As I have been saying for 2-years, when Fiedler is surrounded by better talent he will play at a very high level. You and the other negative crowd laughed at any one who had that opinion. In fact there was a time your crew would jump on anyone that even implied Jay was AVG. It's amazing how much ground you and your negative peers have given up. Pretty soon you and the rest who are left will disappear just like Sinner and KB have.

Oliver...

Oliver and I have gone round and round on other Phin boards. He has some great things to say at times, but that statement is patently ridiculous. No single player, not even Dan is worthy of blind devotion. We pay the players salaries, and we have the right to criticize them when they don't perform as promised. As I said, right now Jay is playing as well or better than I think we have a right to expect, and I have NO complaints. If he starts throwing into double/triple coverage again however, that will change. As for "might have beens", I couldn't care less about them. If the reciever saved an Int, Jay deserves a little credit for throwing it to the guy who made the save. If the reciever drops the ball, Jay deserves a little blame for not throwing it better. It washes in the end, and all that REALLY matters is what DOES happen on the field, not what MIGHT have happenned.

OK I'll spell it out for you oh smart one...

... like most here that understand football, understand the most important position on the offensive side of the ball is the QB. Therefore if you aren't supporting Jay Fiedler or at least supporting the idea that he should do well you are not a Dolphins fan. Fan meaning a fanatic. What you and others are, at best, are Dolphin critics.

If you don't support Jay Fiedler I have no doubt deep down that person is not a Miami Dolphins fan. It all seems common sense to me. Also if 99% of a posters posts contain negative talk, or negative comments concerning Fiedler yes in fact I think that person does not support Fiedler, and in turn is not a fan of the Dolphins. At best they are a critic of the Dolphins, not a fan. Again this is just common sense to me.

Does this clear things up for you or should I use smaller words. I'll have to get my 8-year old nephew to help me, but I'll be glad to do that for you.

Oliver...

PHINPHAN1227: this is what homer oliver said in his rpely to my initial post in the thread JAY FIEDLER AND THE 2002 DOLPHINS on page 2. here is what he posted.....................

"... seems to me if you are a Dolphins fan you are a Jay supporter. Anything else defies the term "Dolphins fan", no?

Oliver...

so i guess if you find ANY fault with the great jay feidler, you are not a true dolphins fan. imagine that.

homer time!!

Fiedler is the best qb we could've gotten in the off season no doubt about it...hes playing good right now thats for sure...the only negative so far is that the dolphins havent needed to pass the ball yet...Ricky has not been stopped so we havent seen others open such as cc and og and dw...I dont think anyone can complain about Fiedler yet, hes not been the focal point of our offence yet so no complaints here...If the chiefs bring the safeties up early then we might see Chambers get open, when ricky is stopped then we'll know what Fiedler's all about this year...

homer boy oliver....................

OLIVER, you are getting to be a laugh. an absolute joke. and you have the gaul to say you understand football?

you are a little high school boy with a finz cap and jay poster over his bed. you don't allow any opinion but your own, if some one has a different opinion on a player or the team, you become threatened and insulting. that shows a lack of knowledge and also shows what a very small person you are.

your the same joker that has been spouting on the boards about how deon dyer can't block, how you have never seen a good block by him, and the finz players, coaches and fans are all wrong. you alone think deon should be cut, only the great oliver knows.

oliver, kb, sinner, all the same type of mindless, childish, egotystical moron.

kid, i was watching this team before you were sweat on your old mans sack. your mouth is much, much bigger than your knowledge about the game of football or the dolphins.

just because someone sees a potentilal problem on the team, or with a player doesn't mean they are not a true fan. only a brain dead idiot makes statement like that.

your homerism and lack of common sense rivals any jet or bills fan i have ever known.

face it, feidler has some problems in his game and it may or may not catch up with this team. bill parcells is wrong, the sports writers are all wrong, i'm wrong, but noooo, the mighty oliver is right. feidler is the best player on this team, a pro bowler and a sure fire hall of famer!

your an embarrassment oliver, you act as if feidler is your dad or something. get a grip.

AND FOR CHRIST SAKE, STOP THE HOMERISM BEFORE THE JET AND BILLS FANS START INVADING OUR BOARD TO CREATE TRASH THREADS DEVOTED TO YOUR BLIND AND IGNORANT HOMERISM!!

everyone knows rock-n-roll reached perfection in 1974. it's a scientific fact!!

homer simpson

clayton, I used to not be a Fiedler fan at all. I have grown to like him a little bit and think that he will have a great season his year. I start to like him more after every single game, and he has played well this year. If you don't support Fiedler, you really aren't a fan and I will explain why. I used to want him to be on another team and all this other crap, but when he played, I supported him. You know why? Because he plays for my team, the Miami Dolphins, and you have to support your team, whether you like the guy or hate the guy, he is playing on your team and you have to deal with it. You can hate a player on your team and still be a fan, but if you aren't supporting him, then you basically don't want him to do well, and if you don't want one of the players on your "favorite team" to do well, then how can you call yourself a fan? Can you seriously consider yourself a fan when you want the players on that team not to do well? Think about it.

Well Clayton...

... how should one answer such a reply as yours? Sweat on my old mans sack, I can see I'm dealing with a rational person here.

To clarify, all you do is see problems, therefore you are no fan, you are a critic. I suggest you look up the definitions of each word, then you'll understand something.

Actually Fiedler is the QB of my fav team, therefore I hoped he would play better, and low and behold he has. Every player has problems, critics like you think perfection is achievable, I do not.

Homer/Fan are the same things, ppl like you like to blur that, but sorry it ain't working with me. Please do not forget all you do is post negatives. Where this HOMER/FAN will post a negative post from time to time, it's not my only posting style, that's why I am a HOMER/FAN. Unlike certain ppl around here.

Question: how do you figure I'm ignorant, or is this meant to be a personal insult?

Oliver...

OLIVER, you are getting to be a laugh. an absolute joke. and you have the gaul to say you understand football?

you are a little high school boy with a finz cap and jay poster over his bed. you don't allow any opinion but your own, if some one has a different opinion on a player or the team, you become threatened and insulting. that shows a lack of knowledge and also shows what a very small person you are.

your the same joker that has been spouting on the boards about how deon dyer can't block, how you have never seen a good block by him, and the finz players, coaches and fans are all wrong. you alone think deon should be cut, only the great oliver knows.

oliver, kb, sinner, all the same type of mindless, childish, egotystical moron.

kid, i was watching this team before you were sweat on your old mans sack. your mouth is much, much bigger than your knowledge about the game of football or the dolphins.

just because someone sees a potentilal problem on the team, or with a player doesn't mean they are not a true fan. only a brain dead idiot makes statement like that.

your homerism and lack of common sense rivals any jet or bills fan i have ever known.

face it, feidler has some problems in his game and it may or may not catch up with this team. bill parcells is wrong, the sports writers are all wrong, i'm wrong, but noooo, the mighty oliver is right. feidler is the best player on this team, a pro bowler and a sure fire hall of famer!

your an embarrassment oliver, you act as if feidler is your dad or something. get a grip.

AND FOR CHRIST SAKE, STOP THE HOMERISM BEFORE THE JET AND BILLS FANS START INVADING OUR BOARD TO CREATE TRASH THREADS DEVOTED TO YOUR BLIND AND IGNORANT HOMERISM!!

everyone knows rock-n-roll reached perfection in 1974. it's a scientific fact!!

homer simpson

Back
Top Bottom