Just listened to the Bill Parcells show | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just listened to the Bill Parcells show

Originally posted by finfan54

jay hasnt made many plays either? where have you been? and another thing. what is the main key for fiedler not screwing up or throwing big bombs downfield? i dont care if we dont throw downfield as long as we are winning and not making mistakes! if we can run the ball all day on a team why would we want to throw long? we want to control the clock and keep the football. norv takes what the defense gives. im sure kc will give many throws downfield and then everyones stereotype, like parsells, will change. so who really gives a rat's stinky ars!

I've been right here watching every game. As I pointed out in my first post, the nature of the defense in two of the games (read: cover 2) makes a vertical passing game difficult.

Has Jay made some good throws? Sure. Has he missed some he should have made? Sure.

So what can you really say about our passing game? We haven't shown a whole lot yet, and really haven't had to thanks to Ricky. The question is can we do it (pass) when we need to?

I tend to agree with you. I honestly believe Jay can do it when teams start putting 7,8 or even 9 in the box to stop Ricky. I'd feel a bit better if he had been a tad more accurate on his longer throws, but I like the guy. I always have.

But, I'm an admitted homer. Even with that said, I am not about to jump all over anyone who has questions about how good are passing game is this year. Parcells may have overstated it by dismissing our passing game, but he won't be the first or last to wonder about how good that aspect of the game is until we have to throw and do it effectively.

As for "why we would want to throw." This is the NFL, and if you can only run or pass, the league will figure it out and stop you. I'm counting on Jay to stand up and make a difference when it happens.

I believe he will.

There's no doubt...

... the QB and the WR have been off in their timing when it comes to the long ball. They have thrown a few deep balls and they have been off. But that is to be expected when your starting QB missed so much time during the pre-season. They'll get it down, we all saw how well Fiedler can throw the deep ball and how well Chambers can catch them last year.

Oliver...

Originally posted by PhinKev

I've been right here watching every game. As I pointed out in my first post, the nature of the defense in two of the games (read: cover 2) makes a vertical passing game difficult.

Has Jay made some good throws? Sure. Has he missed some he should have made? Sure.

So what can you really say about our passing game? We haven't shown a whole lot yet, and really haven't had to thanks to Ricky. The question is can we do it (pass) when we need to?

I tend to agree with you. I honestly believe Jay can do it when teams start putting 7,8 or even 9 in the box to stop Ricky. I'd feel a bit better if he had been a tad more accurate on his longer throws, but I like the guy. I always have.

But, I'm an admitted homer. Even with that said, I am not about to jump all over anyone who has questions about how good are passing game is this year. Parcells may have overstated it by dismissing our passing game, but he won't be the first or last to wonder about how good that aspect of the game is until we have to throw and do it effectively.

As for "why we would want to throw." This is the NFL, and if you can only run or pass, the league will figure it out and stop you. I'm counting on Jay to stand up and make a difference when it happens.

I believe he will.

some people need counceling here.........

BLIZZY: dude, your post is a prime example of why i am on the homers and feidler worshipers.

1. what gives you the impression i "HATE" jay feidler? where does that come from? show me in any post i have ever made where i say i hate jay feidler? so if i think a guy has a flaw in in his game or is not good enough to lead us to the superbowl, that means i hate the guy? c'mon man, get real!!

this all got started in the jay feidler and the 2002 dolphins thread. go look at that thread and my initial post on page1. right off the bat i say jay is our starter and there is no bigger fan of jays than me right now, jay has my support. i support jamar fletcher to, and i see a few flaws in that guys game also.

tell me blizzy, where did i ever say i hoped jay would do bad. show me where i posted that. how freakin' absurd that is. why the hell would i want a finz player to do bad? why would i wish that on the team?

JAY FEIDLER has some great things about him. he is a stand up guy in the community. he is likable, and coachable. he is a great scrambler, and has good touch on the ball. he is also a tough kid.

all this also discribes kordell stewart. and john kitna. and jake plummer. get the picture? as good as those qualities are, it doesn't always translate to superbowl.

when bill parcells cut ray lucas he said you have seen everything your going to see out of ray lucas. this is as good as he will ever be, and it isn't enough to get us where we want to go.

that is how i feel about jays game. decent, but not enough. i don't think jay will get any better than he already is. when our run game and short passes get shut down, or we are down 21 points to a good team at half time on the road, i don't think jay can pull it out. not consistantly. and that is what you need in your qb to get you to the superbowl.

my comments have come not because i want the team or jay to fail, but because of the sudden histaria over jay. yes, his qb rating is up, but i don't think it is because jay has gotten any better, but because norv is puting him in great situations and game planning to jays talents. plus ricky is helping quite a bit.

so we put up some numbers against pile of puke, defensless teams, thats cool, but i want everyone to save the histaria for after we beat someone worth mentioning. wait till jay starts consistantly hitting the big play down field and coming through in a few of those down by 21 point at half time on the road games before we put him in the probowl.

man, there are even fans hinting at superbowl for gods sake! that is why i am calling some people out, to curb it all untill we actually do something against a team that matters. wait till we have a by week for the playoffs or get homefield advantage. then go berzerk.

so enough of the jay hater nonsense, ok? i hope jay shuts everyones mouth and rides this team all the way to the superbowl!!

"WHEN RAP STARS SING ABOUT DRUGS AND VIOLENCE AND GANGBANGING, THEY ARE ONLY KIDDING. IT'S JUST FOR ENTERTAINMENT."

iceblizzard69

You may not hate him...

... you are without a doubt obsessed with convincing others Fiedler "sucks". Never mind the evidence proves he's far from "sucks". It seems some of you would like it if Fiedler failed just so you could say "I told you so". That again just proves some are more critics than fans.

Here you are trying to tell everyone how bad a QB Fiedler is when he is the 2nd ranked starting QB in the NFL as far as NFL QB ratings, and the 4th ranked QB in yards per attempt AVG with 7.7 yards a pass play. What does that tell you 83?

Your last line in this post, is the 1st time you have ever said anything positive about Jay Fiedler, good for you. At least now you can say you said something positive about him.

Oliver...

Originally posted by clayton83
BLIZZY: dude, your post is a prime example of why i am on the homers and feidler worshipers.

1. what gives you the impression i "HATE" jay feidler? where does that come from? show me in any post i have ever made where i say i hate jay feidler? so if i think a guy has a flaw in in his game or is not good enough to lead us to the superbowl, that means i hate the guy? c'mon man, get real!!

this all got started in the jay feidler and the 2002 dolphins thread. go look at that thread and my initial post on page1. right off the bat i say jay is our starter and there is no bigger fan of jays than me right now, jay has my support. i support jamar fletcher to, and i see a few flaws in that guys game also.

tell me blizzy, where did i ever say i hoped jay would do bad. show me where i posted that. how freakin' absurd that is. why the hell would i want a finz player to do bad? why would i wish that on the team?

JAY FEIDLER has some great things about him. he is a stand up guy in the community. he is likable, and coachable. he is a great scrambler, and has good touch on the ball. he is also a tough kid.

all this also discribes kordell stewart. and john kitna. and jake plummer. get the picture? as good as those qualities are, it doesn't always translate to superbowl.

when bill parcells cut ray lucas he said you have seen everything your going to see out of ray lucas. this is as good as he will ever be, and it isn't enough to get us where we want to go.

that is how i feel about jays game. decent, but not enough. i don't think jay will get any better than he already is. when our run game and short passes get shut down, or we are down 21 points to a good team at half time on the road, i don't think jay can pull it out. not consistantly. and that is what you need in your qb to get you to the superbowl.

my comments have come not because i want the team or jay to fail, but because of the sudden histaria over jay. yes, his qb rating is up, but i don't think it is because jay has gotten any better, but because norv is puting him in great situations and game planning to jays talents. plus ricky is helping quite a bit.

so we put up some numbers against pile of puke, defensless teams, thats cool, but i want everyone to save the histaria for after we beat someone worth mentioning. wait till jay starts consistantly hitting the big play down field and coming through in a few of those down by 21 point at half time on the road games before we put him in the probowl.

man, there are even fans hinting at superbowl for gods sake! that is why i am calling some people out, to curb it all untill we actually do something against a team that matters. wait till we have a by week for the playoffs or get homefield advantage. then go berzerk.

so enough of the jay hater nonsense, ok? i hope jay shuts everyones mouth and rides this team all the way to the superbowl!!

"WHEN RAP STARS SING ABOUT DRUGS AND VIOLENCE AND GANGBANGING, THEY ARE ONLY KIDDING. IT'S JUST FOR ENTERTAINMENT."

iceblizzard69

Originally posted by dolfan06
"can't we all just get along"

Probably not 06 .... probably not.

I will say this though... Bob Greise was no Dan Marino either... he got the job done though, and got them to the SB three times, won it twice... primarily because of the talent around him, and superior coaching. He was a great field general, and had the respect of his team.

Trent Dilfer is no Kurt Warner... but he got the job done ... see above...

Jay Feidler is not Dan, Kurt, Donovan, or Peyton. But he's capable of getting the job done, has great talent around him, great coaching, a good field general, and has the respect of his team. Does he make mistakes? Sure he does .... can he take this dolphins team to the SB? It's certainly possible .. after all...Dilfer did it with the Ravens ... IMHO, Jay is a bettter QB than Dilfer... has better offensive talent around him... better coaching, and a great D...
It's looking good so far, we could be much worse off.... we could have Akili Smith, or John Kitna, or :eek: Vinny Testeverde :eek: .
So far we look good... let's see how we look over the next few weeks before we condem him ....

No problems here...

... if 83 doesn't like my opinion of Fiedler whiners he can just ignore my posts. It's nothing personal, I just feel he needs to understand the difference between a fan and a critic.

Oliver...

Originally posted by dolfan06
"can't we all just get along"

Very good point WharfRat,

How many of the present "great" QBs will have superbowl rings at the end of their careers and how many will be in the Dan Marino division of great QBs without rings?
And how many QBs have rings that are not considered "great" QBs? Like Jim McMahon, Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams, Mark Rypkin, and if you think about it how about Earl Morral who was the actual QB of the 72 undefeated team,until the AFC championship game. The jury is still out on Brady, he may be a one hit wonder or he may have a great career, but no matter what anyone says he did over achieve last year.

Originally posted by WharfRat

Probably not 06 .... probably not.

I will say this though... Bob Greise was no Dan Marino either... he got the job done though, and got them to the SB three times, won it twice... primarily because of the talent around him, and superior coaching. He was a great field general, and had the respect of his team.

Trent Dilfer is no Kurt Warner... but he got the job done ... see above...

Jay Feidler is not Dan, Kurt, Donovan, or Peyton. But he's capable of getting the job done, has great talent around him, great coaching, a good field general, and has the respect of his team. Does he make mistakes? Sure he does .... can he take this dolphins team to the SB? It's certainly possible .. after all...Dilfer did it with the Ravens ... IMHO, Jay is a bettter QB than Dilfer... has better offensive talent around him... better coaching, and a great D...
It's looking good so far, we could be much worse off.... we could have Akili Smith, or John Kitna, or :eek: Vinny Testeverde :eek: .
So far we look good... let's see how we look over the next few weeks before we condem him ....

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
you like the guy or hate the guy, he is playing on your team and you have to deal with it. You can hate a player on your team and still be a fan, but if you aren't supporting him, then you basically don't want him to do well, and if you don't want one of the players on your "favorite team" to do well, then how can you call yourself a fan?

Very well put IceBlizzard.
This is a point I tried explaining to Oliver when we went around and around on the Fiedler deal in posts as well. I don't think anyone here that is not sold on Fiedler being anything but an average QB is rooting against him. I cringe EVERY SINGLE TIME I see him drop back to throw and prob. always will, but I still root for him. I want him to do great as well. So, I think what we all have to do here again is realize that we will never agree on this guy, but we will all still root for him as long as he wears the Aqua and Orange.

I hope he throws for 300 yards and 4 TD's today!

Go Fins

I get the impression that clayton hates Fiedler because of the way he talks about him. When we say he had a good game, he says he had 3 interceptions but they were dropped. I have only counted 1 Jay Fiedler interception this year, if interceptions were how many times a QB throws it and a defender drops it, Fiedler would still probably have the least interceptions in the league. An interception is when a defender catches the ball, and right now, Fiedler has one interception.

I like Jay. I'm not totally stupid though. I realize the guy is not a top quarterback. But, he shows some real toughness and is a fighter. His teammates respect him and as far as I know, he has never had to sit out a game because his dog knocked him off the stair.

We aren't going to the Superbowl based on Jay throwing 40 times. But, he has to show that our passing game can threaten the field deep. Or we will start seeing a lot of guys in the box.

Jay is tough and he's got some talent to throw the ball to. I think he's going to step up and get it done. I honestly believe that.

Back
Top Bottom