Just realized we only have two defensive tackles on the roster... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just realized we only have two defensive tackles on the roster...

I think they like Malik Hooker alot

Yeah, but he's too light to play DT. I think you are referring to Malik McDowell, the D lineman from Mich St.
The Phins have shown interest. He has top 10 talent, but there are questions about his motor. He can play DE or move inside to DT on passing downs.
Wouldn't surprise me if he's the pick at 22. A bit of a gamble, though.

Better not be planning on drafting one before the fifth round. Waste of a pick in this draft based on value AND need. We can get one in the fifth and sign a vet after the draft as there will still be some quality available.

I like Charles Walker and Jarron Jones late.

After failing to sign Poe.... Phillips is now surely the starter next to Suh unless they do something stupid like wasting a first round pick on McDowell. No boom or bust players high in the draft please

Better not be planning on drafting one before the fifth round. Waste of a pick in this draft based on value AND need. We can get one in the fifth and sign a vet after the draft as there will still be some quality available.

I like Charles Walker and Jarron Jones late.

After failing to sign Poe.... Phillips is now surely the starter next to Suh unless they do something stupid like wasting a first round pick on McDowell. No boom or bust players high in the draft please

I want nothing to do with Walker. He has a history of concussions and then quit last year after one. If things are that serious in the collegiate game, i fail to see how it's going to be any better in the NFL. His motor was questionable even before the injury concerns.

Never fear...

The brass will trade our 3rd rounder and three 5th rounders to move up in the 3rd, using a draft strategy effectively known as "Carroo'ing".

And only one of them is any good

So yes, obviously Miami should focus on drafting a defensive tackle early because there definitely aren't needs at free safety, SLB, defensive end, and guard.

Well for anyone who was watching, we've been gaga over Chris Wormley from Michigan this entire draft cycle. I wouldn't be happy about it, but I'm half-expecting to draft him at 54.

Never fear...

The brass will trade our 3rd rounder and three 5th rounders to move up in the 3rd, using a draft strategy effectively known as "Carroo'ing".

Yes! This one should stick. The Dolphins are the unequivocal champions of the trade-up debacle. Now we have a name for it.....Bravo!!! All hail DPhinz!

Well for anyone who was watching, we've been gaga over Chris Wormley from Michigan this entire draft cycle. I wouldn't be happy about it, but I'm half-expecting to draft him at 54.

Maybe? but I think your dreaming man. This man,usually I would say kid, had it all together before he nuked his pro day. All the intangibles and a nice body of work to go with some of the best athleticism displayed by either DE's or DT's. This player is a grownup. He is 23 going on 48. https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ive-tackle-rankings-jonathan-allen/100429170/

34.5 arms over 6'5" 300 lbs and a 4.8 forty with very good shuttle and cone numbers and one of the best verticals in this year's DL crop

Bottom line: The most versatile DL in this class. Yes, he could very easily be taken anywhere after #15

I personally like the draft strategy. It's a really weak DT class so just totally igore it in FA. Same with OL. Not like there's a need.

Might as well double down on that ace high and sign a few TEs and S with enough investment to make benching them and prioritizing the position a head scratcher ... in a very deep class. Throw LB into the mix as well. Projecting an 11 year vet from pitts 3-4 and virtually guaranteeing his salary into our funky wide 9 is a safe decision. Great if it works ... predictably dolphins if not and they pass on the position because the box is already checked.

At least Mike T is there making decisions to make me feel better ...

It will become more clear after the draft but right now I feel like I'm waiting for the sailboat in the 3D picture to appear.

Or maybe we'll give up more first round real estate for 'starters' and we can keep sittin here watching the wheels go round and round ...

So yes, obviously Miami should focus on drafting a defensive tackle early because there definitely aren't needs at free safety, SLB, defensive end, and guard.

I wouldn't take a DT early, not really because there are greater needs, it's pretty high on the list in my eyes, but because it's a pretty weak class. Which is why I wanted to sign Bennie Logan or Poe or Hankins.

Back
Top Bottom