Just Rod Woodson Giving Dan Marino His Due Respect. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just Rod Woodson Giving Dan Marino His Due Respect.

440 yards a game.. Dan Marino will force vegas' world to change Fantasy Football scoring again. don't know if any of yall remember when the points were almost straight up along with position players when it first came out...1 pt per 10 passing, 6 per td, then it changed to 25yds for 1 pt and 4 pts per passing TD. they'd have to remake it til danny retired. #1 pick Marino.

granted marinos hey day had gone since fantasy took over, think late 90s is when it first gained steam, pretty sure kurt warners first year was my first year playing because I picked him up the second trent green got injured....

but marino has two out of the top 10 fantasy years all time by QBs and this was in the friggin 80s with those rules
Brady -07 513 pts
Marino-84 491 pts
Manning-04 480
culpepper-04 476 both these 2 had over 400 yards rushing to pad it some
young-98 464
Marino-86 454
culp-00 444 (+400 rushing)
Cunningham-90 443 (940 rushing)
farve-95 441
young-94 440

so I could see marino putting up 35-40 pts a game. 440 passing- 17 pts 4 tds -24 so yeah 41 sounds abouts right :-)

Last edited:
All the chatter through the years on Danny never won a superbowl, never won the big one, yada yada yada. Dan Marino kept defensive coordinators and defensive players up all night wondering how they could stop him, gave defenses nightmares before and after the game.

All the people who don't agree he was the best pure passer of all time to this day were and are just envious. Those type players come around once in a lifetime.

Dan the Man!!!

As already stated, this isn’t the first time Woodson had said this about Marino. He’s said it numerous times. And the fact that he throws it in here, almost as an aside, when he’s got no reason (and no ulterior motive) to puff up Marino or his talent— the man believes what he’s saying. And he’s right.

Marino was a transcendent talent. And as much as it means to me personally to have had him play in Miami when I was a young kid, and having him as a sports hero, and all the rest of it— his talent was wasted here.

the only knock on marino is without sb ring.. if he had one ring he would be rank closed to top...
I've never seen a credible list where he wasn't in the top five.

It also depends on the question asked. Marino has no equal as a "passer". Accuracy, velocity, and a hair trigger release. He didn't even have to step into throws of less than 20 yards.

IMO, however, Montana is the goat " quarterback. He could have easily won 2 more SB, if not for the irrepressible talent of Steve Young.

Thanks. One quote and I'll laugh at Rod Woodson for the rest of my life

435 yards per game all season long and you still come up short

Disregard

It sounds good
It not that far fetched. Did you see him in his prime? He had many 370+ games as it was.

He did what the greatest players did, elevated the play of his teammates and the entire team. How many other HOF players did Dan have around him? How good were most of his offensive teammates on other teams. Dan never won a Super Bowl but I bet roughly 8 of his teams would have never even made the playoffs without him.

It also depends on the question asked. Marino has no equal as a "passer". Accuracy, velocity, and a hair trigger release. He didn't even have to step into throws of less than 20 yards.

IMO, however, Montana is the goat " quarterback. He could have easily won 2 more SB, if not for the irrepressible talent of Steve Young.
I never thought Steve young was better than Joe. I think they let Joe go to early

Not to be disrespectful to your opinion, but Id strongly argue that teams win Super Bowls. 49rs had phenom teams...their Ds were incredibly underrated but had top shelf players throughout. Their offense was stacked with talent also. Young did not look very impressive before the 9ers, first couple years with the Bucs.

Back
Top Bottom