Just talked w/ a Jets buddy of mine, and... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just talked w/ a Jets buddy of mine, and...

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$

Would you be so optimistic if you went to work everyday and this big bully kept punching you in the back of the head?, or would you keep thinking.. "he wont punch me again today"! I would start to expect the same thing everyday? Pretty much how I feel about this team. Your team is getting worse and you dont even see it because of your blind faith. (wanny's 2nd year) we lose early in the playoffs, and start losing in December,(3rd year) we dont make the playoffs, (4th year) we are losing in September. Do you see the trend? We will be lucky to win five games this year.You want optimism?......Dave will not be here next year!

Lol...people like this are the reason women stay with abusive husbands....

"No really, he won't hit me again"...POW!!!...."I'm sure that was the last time"....SLAP!!!....."he promised he's changed"....WHAP!!!

That being said, I think it's a little harsh to say we only win 5 games after just one game.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

He's referring to the fact that you glorified the Bengals fans holding out hope against all evidence to the contrary. If you think that's a trait to emulate, than you should be able to back it up from their perspective.

I didn't say anything about the Bengals. You're referring to a post by someone else.

Originally posted by rafael

I didn't say anything about the Bengals. You're referring to a post by someone else.

Well you quoted his post which referenced that other post about the Bengals. If you're addressing his, you're addressing the other as well.

Originally posted by RikWriter
The only problem is, the Jets have a history of being able to come back and do well later in the season after starting slow. They've done it several times, under a couple different coaches.

If history mattered here we wouldve won our first game.......Every year is a new year and diffrent team.

Wrong. They went to the AFC Championship game two years in a row under Gruden. They lost to the Ravens in 2001, the Pats in 2002. Both games fairly close IIRC.

Actually, the loss to the Pats was in the second round. The Pats then beat Pittsburgh to get to the Super Bowl.

The only problem is, the Jets have a history of being able to come back and do well later in the season after starting slow. They've done it several times, under a couple different coaches. The Dolphins have a history of playing well early and fading late. The way to correct that problem is to play better late in the year, not play worse early.

thanks professor.;)

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

A loss on opening day for a veteran team, at home, with an existing O/D game plan, against a bottom tier team constitutes a big giant load of crap. If we turn things around that's great, but quite honestly does ANYONE believe that we won't be lamenting this loss in week 16? When we're counting on a win against the Jets to make it to the Playoffs again, who WON'T be looking back to week 1 saying "we could have been set"? If you truly want to live in the present, you have to live in world where we are 0-1, just lost to a crappy team, and have injury issues as well.

once again, how do we know that houston is a crappy team? if houston goes 5-0 in the first five games, then what is houston?

Back
Top Bottom