Just TWO GAMES... that's it... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just TWO GAMES... that's it...

Originally posted by Jaj
Would be close although your air game would be useless. I do think that Henry could carry your team. McNabb though would probably pick the Eagles up to maybe a 17-10 victory.
hey, atleast you didn't go ape**** on my post...how did you restrain yourself:lol:

Sounds good!

Bills-Eagles WOULD be a great Super Bowl.

But I think the Bills would win that one... on Henry's legs - he's really A LOT better than many people give him credit for.

And I hope that you guys don't end up losing him next year for McGahee only to see McGahee blow his knee out again. NOT wishing that - at all - just saying I hope you guys stick with Henry 'til he gives you a real reason not to.

If it ain't broke...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Ummm...

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
how's Bills-Eagles Superbowl sound this year:)

It al depends on the play calling..If the passing game is forced by the Bills in this game, the Eagles will put up INT's and have shorter fields to work with with the forced turnovers.. The Bills really could dominate this game if they have the discipline from the coaches to keep the ball on the ground alot more and frustrate the Philly defense and force them to bring up Dawkins or the other safety.. On the other side, The Bills do have the match ups in check, but it will all be determined by which team would want it more.. The franchise that has been flirting getting to the SB the last 2-3 years or the franchise that lost 4 Super Bowls in a row 10 years ago.. :D

Re: Sounds good!

Originally posted by -81- McMichael
Bills-Eagles WOULD be a great Super Bowl.

But I think the Bills would win that one... on Henry's legs - he's really A LOT better than many people give him credit for.

And I hope that you guys don't end up losing him next year for McGahee only to see McGahee blow his knee out again. NOT wishing that - at all - just saying I hope you guys stick with Henry 'til he gives you a real reason not to.

If it ain't broke...
I completely concur...Henry is #1...McGahee will be excellent trade bait if he comes around....Donahoe selected him so Henry wouldn't demand too much money at the end of 04-05

Re: Re: Re: Ummm...

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

It al depends on the play calling..If the passing game is forced by the Bills in this game, the Eagles will put up INT's and have shorter fields to work with with the forced turnovers.. The Bills really could dominate this game if they have the discipline from the coaches to keep the ball on the ground alot more and frustrate the Philly defense and force them to bring up Dawkins or the other safety.. On the other side, The Bills do have the match ups in check, but it will all be determined by which team would want it more.. The franchise that has been flirting getting to the SB the last 2-3 years or the franchise that lost 4 Super Bowls in a row 10 years ago.. :D

you just couldnt resist the backdoor bashing, could you:lol:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ummm...

damn, you know, my gf says the same thing to me all the time! :hump: :D

Re: Re: Sounds good!

I completely concur...Henry is #1...McGahee will be excellent trade bait if he comes around....Donahoe selected him so Henry wouldn't demand too much money at the end of 04-05

Got to give it to Donahoe, to have enough cap space to sign a player to keep another one from asking for to much money. I still say you guys should pay McGhee what a 1st rounder at that pick should get. Donahoe is trying to work a deal based on the fact that he's injuried which I don't think is fair, since you guys new that going in. But overall Donahoe has done a great job of getting a lot of Talent and you guys are what, still 5-7 mil under the cap..Wow

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ummm...

Even though I gave the Bills the edge in that game.. I had to deflate the heads about raise from Bills Fans before it happened.. :D ;)

HURRAH:drinker:

Re: Re: Re: Sounds good!

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Got to give it to Donahoe, to have enough cap space to sign a player to keep another one from asking for to much money. I still say you guys should pay McGhee what a 1st rounder at that pick should get. Donahoe is trying to work a deal based on the fact that he's injuried which I don't think is fair, since you guys new that going in. But overall Donahoe has done a great job of getting a lot of Talent and you guys are what, still 5-7 mil under the cap..Wow

true md...we are currently 6 mil under the cap with all the signings...Donahoe saved us from salary cap hell

Originally posted by -81- McMichael
TWO games was what seperated Miami from a THIRD consecutive 11-5 season and a league leading six straight years in the playoffs.

Now REALLY think about that. What two games could we have won?

Hell, we all know that had Fiedler not gotten injuried we likely would have beaten Buffalo and then the Jets. I mean, seriously, any old lady off the street with ZERO football experience could've played with more poise than Lucas. So that's two games.

Then there's the dropped pass by Carter in the Minn. game. And the pathetic call against Fletcher in the NE game. So another two games.

MY POINT IS THIS:

IF, and that's the rub here... IF we'd have gone 11-5 and had homefield throughout the playoffs (we would have at 11-5)...

Does ANYBODY still question Wanny's success as head coach of the Dolphins???

Now picture it:

2000: 11-5 and 1-1 in the playoffs.
2001: 11-5 and 0-1 with a loss to the defending SB champs.
2002: 11-5 and, quite likely, either 1-1 or 2-0 with a SB win or loss.

Seriously... GIVEN THE ABOVE... I think people find themselves applauding Dave's efforts so far... and expecting A LOT more. But no one would be dissing him like they are now.

Just something to think about.

I question him because I feel he plays to NOT LOSE rather than to win...

He played the Patriots game to NOT LOSE... And that single game, 5 minutes of it, was the difference between how we ended the season, and being 10-6 and division champs...

Just my opinion...

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Originally posted by T-ROCK
I question him because I feel he plays to NOT LOSE rather than to win...

He played the Patriots game to NOT LOSE... And that single game, 5 minutes of it, was the difference between how we ended the season, and being 10-6 and division champs...

Just my opinion...

If there's ONE thing that SHOULD be criticized (and harshly) about Wanny's coaching IT IS THAT!

You play TO WIN. 'Nough said!

But I think even he got the point last year.

And ifen he didn't... he'll get the boot this year.

WHAT IF the Jets didn't score 2 return TD's on us and WHAT IF Coy Wire didn't drop that INt in KC/ Watson wasn't called on that bogus PI to lte them continue the drive (and score)

oh yeah, we would have won the division....

but let me guess.... what if's are irrelevant when it comes to the Bills.
I have more BTW, such as,
WHAT IF TH didn't fumble vs Denver (causing TD return)
WHAT IF Ahman Green was ruled that he had posession (which he DID, he had teh ball and took 2 steps with it!!!! damnit!).... (Clements returned teh fumble for TD, opn drive when pack scored only TD of game, reverse call, we win)

etc etc

boo friggin hoo

after the raider game you guys were 9-5 just like Oakland and you had the tiebreaker...

We didn't have the tie breaker. It would have came to a third tie breaker and the raiders had it. Didn't go by head to head.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

2000: 11-5
2001: 11-5
2002: 9-7 :rolleyes:

Rudeby you're right. I noticed a couple of other stats while looking up my error on 2001. :hitself:

We won the last two games in 2001. Also we were 9-3 in the AFC in the seasons we finished 11-5. So all those articles about a late season collapse are unfounded. It must be selective perception. We do collapse in the playoffs but with only 5 losses in a season there's no collapse.

Back
Top Bottom