Just Watched Some Kalen Ballage Highlights | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just Watched Some Kalen Ballage Highlights

Watched 2 mins of that highlight video and the first guy that comes to mind is Darren McFadden

Ballage could be one of those college talents that plays way BIGGER as a pro.

He's got he potential to be a stud.

Is he mentally TUFF enough?

He's certainly more than smart enough.

Looking at his build and his skill set he actually reminds me of Charles Clay when he came out of Tulsa as a utility player. I don’t necessarily see him as a power back in spite of his size. He runs a little too high to fill that role. What I do see is a bigger one-cut back who has the top end speed to make him dangerous to go with enough size/weight to be difficult to bring down at top speed.

Last edited:
I watched some highlights of Demario Richard, the other running back from Arizona who was ahead of Kalen but didn’t get drafted. The guy was a fireplug with pretty decent vision but caught from behind on every play he made to the second level. Looked more like a tiny fullback. I don’t know if that one-two punch that worked there will translate at the next level for Ballage. It could work better with Drake but I am suspect when these two guys were not the primary running backs on their college teams. They both have good hands so we’ll see who the third down back is. I watched some Eddie George college highlights to compare that upright style and build, I think we should hope he can develop into that kind of work horse for us, improve his vision, utilize his hands and have a nice career.

Robert Smith had a brief but scintillating career. Hard, fast runner. Came back from blowing out BOTH of his ACLs
Actually Robert Smith rushed for over 6800 yards in his 8 seasons with the Vikings. He retired early to complete his medical degree (he also got a degree in astronomy). Blessed with incredible physical and intellectual talent. I understand that Robert also openly admitted his alcoholism and his personal challenge to overcome it.

I just keep going back to Ronnie Brown. Maybe's the wildcat but I think they look very similar except one was drafted way higher than he should have been.

Back
Top Bottom