Justin Herbert signs- Will Tua make more next year? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Justin Herbert signs- Will Tua make more next year?

I think at some point teams who are considered a free agent destination will just draft a QB every 5 years or so and load the roster with talent around him. Don’t pay a QB unless he’s top 3. Keep drafting until you get one.
QB by committee. Teach RBs to throw. You might be onto something 😉

This is the drawback to using that option year, if Tua proves to finally be passed the injury bug, and happens to have a big year (Including maybe winning the SB), the contract he will ask will be HUGE.

On the other hand, thanks to his injury history, Miami has no choice, they are not going to go into it blind with a huge contract, and find out later Tua still can't stay healthy long enough to be an effective starting QB.

View attachment 147604

That is 52.5 yearly and that would make it tough to keep other stars..... What does this mean for Tua and the Dolphins?

View attachment 147605

I believe after this year, Tua will be paid the highest salary in the entire NFL.
He;s gotta stay healthy, take miami to playoffs and has to win a game or two

Tua hasn’t done enough to warrant that type of contract
Very true but this is where teams get scared on trading another qb so it wouldn’t surprise at all if he is somewhere close to being the highest paid” but I do agree with you “

I think at some point teams who are considered a free agent destination will just draft a QB every 5 years or so and load the roster with talent around him. Don’t pay a QB unless he’s top 3. Keep drafting until you get one.
I think that's the strategy going forward tbh. I'd rather have a 2nd round rookie QB than Daniel Jones on a 50M per hit thats for damn sure.

QB by committee. Teach RBs to throw. You might be onto something 😉
No. Almost every rookie drafted last year was better or at least as effective as Deshawn Watson and Kyler Murray. I’m saying mediocre won’t get paid in the future by some teams.

Only ppl who never saw Dan would make that comp.

Dan's release was 2 levels above, and his pocket awareness 4...........
I saw Dan. I loved Dan. Dan also was a gunslinger and made me cry like the Hootie and Blowfish song. It may be a different passing era than Dan, but dude f’ing earned that contract.

Dan had 9 more INTs than Herbert in 6 less games (44 vs 35) for a 3.1% INT rate to Herbert 1.8%. Herbert is 3rd all time in INT % rate behind Mahomes and Dak. Tua is 9th.

Tua has to pass for 6K yards and 42 TDs just to catch up to Herbert, who is also ahead of Tua in passing rating and INT % (efficiency stats).

Y’all really need to get off trying to poke holes in Herbert because his team falling short. Dude is putting up historically great raw and efficiency passing stats but you want to blame him… madness. Put Herbert with Andy Reid and I bet he’s in the AFC championship game every year too.

Through 3 seasons, Tua’s career so far is currently in the Daniel Jones contract range imo. Love Tua but he’s had a little more than half season of elite production and 2.5 years of average at best or injured time. Gotta show more this season to get more! He’s definitely All Pro in him but you don’t pay top QB contract price based on potential…

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom