****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 84 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scheme or no scheme he wasn't accurate and rarely lead his wideouts.

Sure he had flashes, but inconsistent as hell and it shows up quick when you watch him.

He completed 64% of his passes with over a 4-1 touchdown to interception ratio over 4 years.

I think to ignore bad coaching’s effect on a kid is a mistake.

This is a very intelligent, good kid, who showed that he is coachable and what he can do with good coaching in Mobile.

Whoever drafts him will get a prototype, rocket armed , Mobil, intelligent kid who will blossom.

If a team picks a non-franchise QB in the top 5, that team is generally set back for the next 4 years until his rookie contract expires.

Better hope Miami has a more than capable backup the next 4 years if Herbert is the choice.
Yeah, because you will never need a capable backup Tua...... This place is hilarious.

Herbert would need to play in a heavy rpo offense to utilize his legs. Maximize his talents since he’s not too accurate

Oh yeah what would have been your guess?
I've been following your posts for some time. I didn't know you had actual scout experience but know from how you post you were involved some how. You use logic more than most.
Plus I agree with most you say so that makes it easier too lol

But that’s exactly what you’re advocating for when you say to skip QB all together.
Okay, I see what you are saying, and my apologies for not clarifying the QB position. I believe we can address in later rounds or take a chance on Cam who if healed and with a huge chip on his shoulder could be an option. I am just scared Tua and Herbet will just not make it. Hell I guess not of us really now do we?

Okay, I see what you are saying, and my apologies for not clarifying the QB position. I believe we can address in later rounds or take a chance on Cam who if healed and with a huge chip on his shoulder could be an option. I am just scared Tua and Herbet will just not make it. Hell I guess not of us really now do we?

I see what you’re saying, but Cam Newton is a bigger injury risk than Tua at this point. You’re simultaneously acknowledging the importance of the WB position, bur also advocate for bargain bin shopping the position. Why pick a late round QB who is almost a certainty to never be a franchise QB? Why pick Cam Newton who has been consistently injured since his MVP season? If you want your QB, there’s a level of risk involved. If you’re risk-adverse, gambling is not an activity for you. And make no mistake, the draft is 100% gambling.

He completed 64% of his passes with over a 4-1 touchdown to interception ratio over 4 years.

This is a very intelligent, good kid, who showed that he is coachable and what he can do with good coaching in Mobile.

Whoever drafts him will get a prototype, rocket armed , Mobil, intelligent kid who will blossom.

Stats?

64% is a good number, what I'm talking about with accuracy is how the ball is placed. Was it out in front of him? did he throw it to the wrong shoulder to aid his wideout? was he consistently on target?

No he wasn't, that's his biggest weakness. It's not something I wanna see Miami try to coach out of him either.

To anybody who ACTUALLY watched Herbert play football, that's not a surprise. He's the classic "got all the tools but production doesn't match them" guy that gets coaches fired all the time.

And if you listen to any superbowl winning coaches, Belicheck, Jimmy Johnson, Gibbs, Shula to be specific when they were all chatting on a show together the very first thing they look at is if the guy is coachable. They do not care how talented the kid is if hes not coachable. Herbert showed hes very coachable at the senior bowl and having to play in a different offense every year.

After watching Herbert on tape vs guys like Burrow, Tua, Hurts and Love the past few weeks I can honestly say he gives me serious Tannehill 2.0 vibes. That is not to say we can’t build a winning team with him as our franchise QB. We just have to hope the team learned from past mistakes and is fully willing to build and game plan around his strengths moving forward.

Checks latest Herbert draft talk: he is still tall.

Looks like he hasn't lost his special talent. What a relief.

tenor.gif

And if you listen to any superbowl winning coaches, Belicheck, Jimmy Johnson, Gibbs, Shula to be specific when they were all chatting on a show together the very first thing they look at is if the guy is coachable. They do not care how talented the kid is if hes not coachable. Herbert showed hes very coachable at the senior bowl and having to play in a different offense every year.

He's had the same offensive system since 2017.

Cristobal was the OC then the HC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom