• Maybe

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • Are you high?

Votes: 35 28.2%

• Total voters

Vinpaulino44

Defensive Cordinator
Reaction score
Mathew Berry seems to be a big fan already. Ballage on paper looks the part and has all the physical attributes to be a bruiser. He also had good hands? That’s a pretty rare combo. What’s the knock on this guy? Does he have a legit chance to start?

Attachments

• 81F77258-B99D-4AC5-B773-C0ABD48CDB29.jpeg
    81F77258-B99D-4AC5-B773-C0ABD48CDB29.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 41
Well that's the thing. He's a big back but usually doesn't play up to his size. He plays a little soft. But he's athletic as can be, if you can put him in the open field where vision isn't so much a problem he will make plays. Just has questionable vision and plays smaller then he is

Mathew Berry seems to be a big fan already. Ballage on paper looks the part and has all the physical attributes to be a bruiser. He also had good hands? That’s a pretty rare combo. What’s the knock on this guy? Does he have a legit chance to start?

I'm more interested seeing drake on the bust list than I am seeing ballage on the sleeper list.

Does ballage have a chance to start? Realistically?? Imo no he doesn't have a chance to start. My answer to that would be that between the 3 rbs we have i think they will all share carries. I think drake gets the most snaps but i don't think that makes him the "starter" I think we take the rb by committee approach

His main issue is his vision and that is not something that is learned at this stage. But Gase can certainly put him in good situations where he can use his speed and receiving ability to make plays. He's not starting though. Drake is and then Gore. Ballage will play more then you'd expect though

I hope that Ballage is capable of starting, but if he does it's likely going to be due to horrible news (injury to Drake).

Drake's a stud and going to be a star in the league.

Berry likes him because Ballage scored a lot of touchdowns in college, Ballage is a good receiver, and Drake is injury prone. He's worth a late round pick in fantasy leagues.

he's going to enter the season as the third back behind Drake and Gore. the goal is to develop him to be a replacement for Gore next year that will give a thunder/lightning combo at HB that can both block and catch passes effectively.

Can he become a starter down the road? Perhaps, but he's more of a depth/developmental guy for now. Let's see what the coaching staff can do with him as he does have intriguing skills.

I'm not sure where the "soft" label comes from. I've not seen evidence that he is soft and in fact from everything I've seen he has no aversion to lowering a shoulder on anyone in front of him.
He's no Ladanian Tomlinson but I also don't see where vision is a glaring deficiency. As stated he will be 3rd on the depth chart and won't start unless something terrible has happened but he i think he has more upside than a lot are giving him credit for.

I'm not sure where the "soft" label comes from. I've not seen evidence that he is soft and in fact from everything I've seen he has no aversion to lowering a shoulder on anyone in front of him.
He's no Ladanian Tomlinson but I also don't see where vision is a glaring deficiency. As stated he will be 3rd on the depth chart and won't start unless something terrible has happened but he i think he has more upside than a lot are giving him credit for.
Well if anybody knows soft its you :)

If he was not a full time starter in college then it would be a stretch for him to starter in this year. Drake could probaly go down imo but unless Gore has lost a step he should keep Ballage on spot duty.

Hopefully he sees the field on special teams and occasionally in short yardage.

He has the talent to develop into a real contributor but for the time being we are set with a lead tailback ready steal the show.

If he was not a full time starter in college then it would be a stretch for him to starter in this year. Drake could probaly go down imo but unless Gore has lost a step he should keep Ballage on spot duty.
Very true and let's recall how Drake was never a full time starter either. So you could say all of our backs, including Gore due to his age need to split carries

I do think we can and will use Ballage for his receiving ability. He is similar to Drake as a receiver.

Back
Top Bottom