Votes: 5 4.0%
  • No

Votes: 70 56.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • Are you high?

Votes: 35 28.2%

• Total voters
I like Ballage and want to see what he looks like down the line in a year or two. For now would like to see him used some as a third down back and mostly on special teams. If that's the case don't be surprised if most of his rush attempts this year come against defenses geared to stop the pass so with a mostly draw plays and against light boxes he could have a decent yards per carry average on his few carries.

Berry likes him because Ballage scored a lot of touchdowns in college, Ballage is a good receiver, and Drake is injury prone. He's worth a late round pick in fantasy leagues.

Drake injury prone? He has an issue in college but 2 seasons, and no injury, so to say prone is way too far.

I like Ballage, and think he is a sleeper for sure. His interview on the Audible was good. He seems to have a good head on shoulders, is motivated, and has 2 uncles who played in the NFL. On top of unreal physical tools you have to like this kids chances. Starting is an unreal expectation. I think Gase gets creative with him, and gets him on the field some. Possibly moving up too #2 late in the season if Gore shows his age. If there are injuries that changes everything.

He's not starting as long as Drake and Gore are healthy. He should get some snaps for sure tho. I like him but he'll have to earn his time out there.

Our entire team is a "sleeper". So much potential this year and a real chance for several of these guys to really contribute and make a name for themselves.

In perhaps another thread, it would be curious to see how many guys need to take that step, and which player/position is crucial for this team to be successful?

If he was not a full time starter in college then it would be a stretch for him to starter in this year. Drake could probaly go down imo but unless Gore has lost a step he should keep Ballage on spot duty.

Ronnie Brown who shared carries with Cadillac Williams seems to have done alright

I’ve got him pegged as a sleeper in my keeper league, but it all depends on one of two things:
1. His ability to adjust to the playbook and responsibilities on the field at the professional level, and
2. The health of Kenyan Drake over the course of the season.

I think if Drake is able to prove that he can stay healthy throughout the season he’ll get the majority of the carries (probably something like a 60/30/10 split with Gore and Ballage, respectively), but if KB can’t be relied on much this season (he is a rookie, after all, and he does have some areas he needs to work on already) and Drake goes down I think they’re comfortable giving Gore 70-80% (I won’t say to ignore his age, but remember he’s one of the hardest workers in the offseason and that’s a big reason for his longevity in the league to date) of the offensive snaps and only putting Ballage in situations that already play to his strengths unless circumstance dictates otherwise.

if he can learn protection schemes and the passing playbook, I see him as being very valuable

he isn't Ajayi as a runner but hopefully he isn't a d-bag and a knuckle-head either

LOL does he start? Even if Drake and Gore were hurt, he wouldn't start (we'd sign a veteran to step in). No, he's third on the depth chart and will probably get less than 33% of the snaps at that position.

I'm not sure where the "soft" label comes from. I've not seen evidence that he is soft and in fact from everything I've seen he has no aversion to lowering a shoulder on anyone in front of him.
He's no Ladanian Tomlinson but I also don't see where vision is a glaring deficiency. As stated he will be 3rd on the depth chart and won't start unless something terrible has happened but he i think he has more upside than a lot are giving him credit for.
I think it's because he's huge and doesn't break many tackles. But I agree, after watching footage, I wouldn't call him soft but he doesn't play as "big" as he is.

Back
Top Bottom