Votes: 5 4.0%
  • No

Votes: 70 56.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • Are you high?

Votes: 35 28.2%

• Total voters
These are the best kind of problems to have. We have 3 great RBs, how can we feed these guys enough carries? Stay tuned, you'll see. Ballage is too gifted to not see the field in games. There will be a package for Ballage and as he gets chances and makes the most of them he'll get more chances. We should get massive production from our 3 headed monster of Drake, Gore and Ballage. This is the most talented backfield since forever for the Dolphins and we've added Sitton to fortify the left side with Tunsil. Jesse Davis is another big, nasty guard paired with James on the right on a line anchored by Kilgore, who imo will quickly make fans forget Pouncey. We have a line that can move people and backs that can make teams pay. If we can run the ball effectively, Tannehill can go to a play action type offense that he actually excels in. Then we burn teams with Wilson, Grant, Stills, Parker and Amendola!!!!!!!!! Then we roll out big Mike Gesicki!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm excited to see Gase's offense with these players. Either I'm crazy or we're going to be really hard to defend! We have a lot of weapons and a lot of speed and Tannehill is much better than most people think. He, Gase and the Miami Dolphins will change the narrative this season.
LOVE your excitement, even got me pumped, but come on, "most talented backfield since forever" ?? I think Ricky, Ronnie and Patrick Cobbs with Lousaka Polite or Czonka Kick and Mercury Morris might have a little something to say about that comment. But I get your point, ya just might wanna cool your jets a tad.

He's not starting as long as Drake and Gore are healthy. He should get some snaps for sure tho. I like him but he'll have to earn his time out there.
Just mentioning him being the starter tells me he's special, look at Ballage Tape IMO he isn't soft. Don't need vision when you're 10 yards away from contact,

Ballage will start when Drake gets $7mil a year from another team after he balls out with the Fins a couple seasons.

It seems to be the way the Fins roll these days. Miller, then Ajayai, then Drake, then Ballage, then another late round RB. Works for me- cheap young production.

Drake starts while Gore gets a good share of carries. I think Ballage will get his share of carries as well. Gase will most likely have a few packages where he uses Ballage as a pass option.

Ballage will start when Drake gets $7mil a year from another team after he balls out with the Fins a couple seasons.

It seems to be the way the Fins roll these days. Miller, then Ajayai, then Drake, then Ballage, then another late round RB. Works for me- cheap young production.
When Jimmy Johnson took over Dallas, he had that exact mentality. Draft a back, wear him out, and draft another. Keeps you young and cheap at the position. Only problem was, the first one he got was Emmit Smith.

Anyway, I agree with the philosophy. Its easy to overpay the position. If you do happen to find the odd diamond .they are worth the $.

Faulk, or LT come to mind.

When Jimmy Johnson took over Dallas, he had that exact mentality. Draft a back, wear him out, and draft another. Keeps you young and cheap at the position. Only problem was, the first one he got was Emmit Smith.

Anyway, I agree with the philosophy. Its easy to overpay the position. If you do happen to find the odd diamond .they are worth the $.

Since as you said the 1st one he got was Emmitt Smith therefore he never practiced the draft a HB so as to keep them young and cheap...how do you know that was his philosophy?

Since as you said the 1st one he got was Emmitt Smith therefore he never practiced the draft a HB so as to keep them young and cheap...how do you know that was his philosophy?
Saw him being interviewed once, he said it himself.

I see Gore getting the ball and running hard inside the 20.
Drake and Ballage will both play and whomever is getting it done in a particular game will get most of the carries/yardage.
Just my .02

I see Gore getting the ball and running hard inside the 20.
Drake and Ballage will both play and whomever is getting it done in a particular game will get most of the carries/yardage.
Just my .02
I think how much Ballage plays depends on how he handles the pass protection assignments. It takes some backs a year or two (or never). When Gase trusts him, he will get some playing time.

More recently guys like Bell, McCoy, Elliott and Gurley have been true feature backs..agree they are worth the money and even though we have had some very good backs in between I think the last real elite RB we had was R.Williams.... R.Brown was close and guys like Ajayi and Drake have a chance to improve enough to get there

Last edited:
Berry likes him because Ballage scored a lot of touchdowns in college, Ballage is a good receiver, and Drake is injury prone. He's worth a late round pick in fantasy leagues.
I really don't know where you guys get this "injury prone" label placed on Drake from. He's played in all 32 games since being drafted so.... yeah...

I like Ballage and want to see what he looks like down the line in a year or two. For now would like to see him used some as a third down back and mostly on special teams. If that's the case don't be surprised if most of his rush attempts this year come against defenses geared to stop the pass so with a mostly draw plays and against light boxes he could have a decent yards per carry average on his few carries.

I think the offense will be seeing more 8 stacked men box coverage

It doesn't matter if Ballage starts, it's not as important as getting playtime and if it's significant playtime, he could work his way into a starting lineup, but I would be surprised to see him as a day 1 starter unless there's a designed play they worked on.

I think the offense will be seeing more 8 stacked men box coverage

It doesn't matter if Ballage starts, it's not as important as getting playtime and if it's significant playtime, he could work his way into a starting lineup, but I would be surprised to see him as a day 1 starter unless there's a designed play they worked on.

8 in the box coverage vs 3rd and long., Tannehill could have a field day if the o-line holds up.

Only issue there is, those guys were very high draft picks at the time. Hell, Faulk was the 2nd overall and Tomlinson was the 5th overall. Both obviously well worth it ultimately, but taking them that high isn’t exactly “use them up and toss them”. Wish Ronnie would have worked out like that when we spent the same kind of draft capital on him. Guess there’s always that first NE Wildcat a** kicking to look back on.

if he is a good back look for him to be starter in 2020. they will not pay drake...

Back
Top Bottom