Votes: 5 4.0%
  • No

Votes: 70 56.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • Are you high?

Votes: 35 28.2%

• Total voters
He has a great skill set for this offense, but he’s got a long way to go before he starts.

Ronnie Brown who shared carries with Cadillac Williams seems to have done alright
True but I do not believe he is in same level of a Ronnie Brown at least not yet.

Drake has had some nicks and bruises in the NFL as well. He's been available, which is a good thing, but he's had some injuries already. It's a thing to be wary about because of his college history.

He had a concussion but missed zero games. That is his only time on the injury report since entering the NFL. He has been available for all 32 games since he came to the nfl. You can’t play football and not get bruises and nicks. That doesn’t make him injury prone.

Drake injury prone? He has an issue in college but 2 seasons, and no injury, so to say prone is way too far.

I like Ballage, and think he is a sleeper for sure. His interview on the Audible was good. He seems to have a good head on shoulders, is motivated, and has 2 uncles who played in the NFL. On top of unreal physical tools you have to like this kids chances. Starting is an unreal expectation. I think Gase gets creative with him, and gets him on the field some. Possibly moving up too #2 late in the season if Gore shows his age. If there are injuries that changes everything.

I'm not saying he's injury prone; Matthew Berry is saying he's injury prone.

He hasn't had to carry a RB1 workload for a full season yet. He didn't really get going until we shipped Ajayi off at the trade deadline last season. Hopefully he stays healthy.

From Matthew Berry's 100 fantasy facts for 2018 season:

63. Last year, Kenyan Drake averaged 5.21 yards per carry in the first three quarters, second best in the NFL.

64. In the fourth quarter last season, Drake averaged 3.41 yards per carry, 27th among running backs.

65. On the same number of fourth-quarter carries last season, Drake had 10 fewer rushing yards than ... Ameer Abdullah.

66. Drake had a rush result in 30-plus yards on 4.5 percent of his carries last season, the greatest rate (minimum 100 carries) in the past six years.

67. From 2012 to 2016, there were eight running backs (minimum 100 carries) who had a rate of higher than 2.5 percent.

68. The season following their elite big run rate, those eight running backs combined to see just 1.1 percent of their carries gain 30-plus yards.

69. Subtract Drake's two biggest runs from last season and he averaged 0.42 fantasy points per carry.

69a. In 2017, Frank Gore averaged 0.44 fantasy points per carry.

70. Last season, Drake converted 8.3 percent of his red zone carries into scores.

70a. That was half of the NFL average of 16.6 percent.

71. From 2015 to 2017, there were only five individual seasons in which a running back carried the ball at least 260 times AND failed to run for more than 1,050 yards.

72. Frank Gore in 2015, Frank Gore in 2016 and Frank Gore in 2017 are three of the five.

73. Among the 82 RBs with at least 275 college carries over the past two seasons, Miami Dolphins 6-foot-2, 228-pound rookie running back Kalen Ballage scored on the 10th-highest percentage of carries (7.1 percent).

73a. For comparison, here are some other current rookies in that same time frame: Saquon Barkley (7.4 percent). Ronald Jones II (7.1), Sony Michel (6.5), Derrius Guice (6.2).

Last edited:
I think drake and gore get the majority of touches this year. However, the hope is that Ballage can replace drake when drake becomes a FA. The thought is that rbs are interchangeable so teams would rather not pay them.

as rook KB (let's hope) will be a "+moderate difference maker" as a spot player in relief and gradually carving out a more definite role... Unless he's certified Tarzan
don't want him taking too much Drake time -- simply because Kenyan is a (ssemingly) *star* on the rise and only reason he sits is (a) injury or (b) Tarzan is just too
tuff... Doubt the latter. KB was a great pick I'm on record hoping for...so he's a "great pick!" LOL. No really. He's a great...

These are the best kind of problems to have. We have 3 great RBs, how can we feed these guys enough carries? Stay tuned, you'll see. Ballage is too gifted to not see the field in games. There will be a package for Ballage and as he gets chances and makes the most of them he'll get more chances. We should get massive production from our 3 headed monster of Drake, Gore and Ballage. This is the most talented backfield since forever for the Dolphins and we've added Sitton to fortify the left side with Tunsil. Jesse Davis is another big, nasty guard paired with James on the right on a line anchored by Kilgore, who imo will quickly make fans forget Pouncey. We have a line that can move people and backs that can make teams pay. If we can run the ball effectively, Tannehill can go to a play action type offense that he actually excels in. Then we burn teams with Wilson, Grant, Stills, Parker and Amendola!!!!!!!!! Then we roll out big Mike Gesicki!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm excited to see Gase's offense with these players. Either I'm crazy or we're going to be really hard to defend! We have a lot of weapons and a lot of speed and Tannehill is much better than most people think. He, Gase and the Miami Dolphins will change the narrative this season.

These are the best kind of problems to have. We have 3 great RBs, how can we feed these guys enough carries? Stay tuned, you'll see. Ballage is too gifted to not see the field in games. There will be a package for Ballage and as he gets chances and makes the most of them he'll get more chances. We should get massive production from our 3 headed monster of Drake, Gore and Ballage. This is the most talented backfield since forever for the Dolphins and we've added Sitton to fortify the left side with Tunsil. Jesse Davis is another big, nasty guard paired with James on the right on a line anchored by Kilgore, who imo will quickly make fans forget Pouncey. We have a line that can move people and backs that can make teams pay. If we can run the ball effectively, Tannehill can go to a play action type offense that he actually excels in. Then we burn teams with Wilson, Grant, Stills, Parker and Amendola!!!!!!!!! Then we roll out big Mike Gesicki!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm excited to see Gase's offense with these players. Either I'm crazy or we're going to be really hard to defend! We have a lot of weapons and a lot of speed and Tannehill is much better than most people think. He, Gase and the Miami Dolphins will change the narrative this season.
YES. This post is an excellent summary of the offensive strength I believe this team will be demonstrating.

No way he starting over Drake. Drake has deserved a shot. Only way if Drake and Gore are hurt. Pretty much

54123527.jpg

No one thought David Johnson was going to start over CJ2K and Ellington, but injuries happened and one of the best RBs in football emerged.

That being said, I voted “no” - but point is, you just never know.

Back
Top Bottom