Votes: 5 4.0%
  • No

Votes: 70 56.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • Are you high?

Votes: 35 28.2%

• Total voters
if he is a good back look for him to be starter in 2020. they will not pay drake...

It all depends on the team's cap situation at the time, How Drake develops and what Drake's asking price will be. I don't think you just say the team won't pay a player without all the information in hand.

It all depends on the team's cap situation at the time, How Drake develops and what Drake's asking price will be. I don't think you just say the team won't pay a player without all the information in hand.[/QUOTE]

In all fairness, if we are opining about this season and do not yet have all the information in hand, and then look even further into the future at the 2020 season, how could we possibly have that information in hand? Therefore the stab at season 2020 is just as reasonable as a stab at 2018.

We are seeing a front office that is becoming more professional in dealing with contracts to help control our cap and dropping higher paid vets for lower cost new players is a common method used for controlling caps. In my opinion, this is not an unreasonable position to take, barring exceptional play and the possibility for restructuring an existing contract or writing a team friendly contract for an established position player ready for free agency.

Just saying if Drake is asking for a reasonable deal, isn't a locker room problem and the team has the cap space I'm sure they would consider signing him. If the cap space is tight and you need to clear space, Drake becomes a locker room issue and he's asking a elite level deal than you let him walk.

Remember when Ditka traded the entire New Orleans draft to pick Ricky Williams?
Ditka in dreadlocks? Lol

Saw him being interviewed once, he said it himself.

Except you know JJ used a 1st round pick to get his running back. So I would file that interview and his sentiments on FAKE news, as real life dynamics never seen him test his theory...in Dallas.

I really don't know where you guys get this "injury prone" label placed on Drake from. He's played in all 32 games since being drafted so.... yeah...

Well his first 16 games he only had 32 rush attempts and his 2nd year he had 133 rush attempts, so he's yet to handle a full workload to remove the injury prone label placed on him due to his college career.

This was the draft pick that I disliked the most, at that spot. If the guy wasn't even a starter in college, why do people think he's going to be a star in the NFL? I hope he turns out to be good, but there were several players of need, including defensive tackle, that I wish the Dolphins had looked at in the fourth round instead of this guy. I wouldn't have minded if they had taken him in the sixth or seventh round. But the fourth round seems too high for me.

So im in line at lowes buying mulch today and the guy working there looks at my Dolphins hat and immediately told me about this ranking. He was an unbiased Eagles who thought our ranking didn't make sense.

He's telling me how great he thinks KD is.

I was pumped.

Edit: thought i was posting this in that espn rb ranking thread. Still fitting here.

So im in line at lowes buying mulch today and the guy working there looks at my Dolphins hat and immediately told me about this ranking. He was an unbiased Eagles who thought our ranking didn't make sense.

He's telling me how great he thinks KD is.

I was pumped.

Edit: thought i was posting this in that espn rb ranking thread. Still fitting here.

I haven't purchased new Phin gear in ages, or more specifically since the color change. As for Drake, he has a shot. He has the talent. He has the skill set. We will see. And Ballage is a reach in my opinion for this year. He may prove otherwise down the road, but I wouldn't put much stock in him for 2018.

Well his first 16 games he only had 32 rush attempts and his 2nd year he had 133 rush attempts, so he's yet to handle a full workload to remove the injury prone label placed on him due to his college career.
What do the amount of carries he's had in the NFL have anything to do with be injury prone Label? Has he been injury prone after two years in the league? Nope..

What do the amount of carries he's had in the NFL have anything to do with be injury prone Label? Has he been injury prone after two years in the league? Nope..

Because if you come into labeled as an injury prone player toting the rock 32 whopping times your rookie year does not remove that label nor does being a starter for 8 games in your 2nd year.

You kind of have to you know not only play 16 games but carry the load for 16 games which he has not proven he can physically do since he's literally never done it. Not saying he can't do it but to remove the label he has to do it 1st.

It's silly to say he's been in the NFL 2 years and hasn't had an injury when his 1st year he only had 32 carries, that's not really a years worth of carries now is it. Ajayi had 32 carries week 16 of that season. Clearly Drake hasn't has the workload of 2 NFL seasons.

I really don't know where you guys get this "injury prone" label placed on Drake from. He's played in all 32 games since being drafted so.... yeah...

Again, Berry thinks he's injury prone.

He's going into the season expected to carry the starting load. He's going to be able to prove he isn't injury prone very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom