Karras, Van Noy, Godcheux, how do we let them walk? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Karras, Van Noy, Godcheux, how do we let them walk?

Our Defense is fine without Noy and Godcheux. Did Karras want to stay? It was a one year deal and I read Miami waited too long and Karras opted to go back to the team that drafted him. Karras didn't exactly have a good season at Centre as a Dolphin anyway which is probably why they delayed on a new deal.

It’s not really the talent we’re lacking or letting go of. It’s the poor coaching not making the most of what we have.
Poor coaching on the defensive side?.....NO

They we’re short term bridging actions until the draft pick were projected to be ready. With the exception of center (which still might be) they have filled each position with an improvement .

I say yes. They were comfortably 32nd in the league in many categories after the first 8 games. The players complain about the scheme and assignments and BOOM...back to a shut-down defense causing havoc.
Which players complained?

Coaches adjusted scheme and assignments no?

Godchaux would have wanted too much money for what he brings to the table, plus I don't think he was the best scheme fit(from what I've read)
Van Noy was curious, but glad to see Phillips making him forgettable.
Karras was a one year guy to bridge for Dieter; now, we have to see if Dieter can hammer down the spot.
I think a lot of those 2020 FA's were "sign because we had to fill cap space" guys, with no long term intentions. The cap being low this year would have made them harder to keep, I believe, but feel free to prove me wrong on that one.
I'm thinking next year, some long term spending happens.

Which players complained?

Coaches adjusted scheme and assignments no?
There was a meeting after we went 1-7, the defense players asked for a meeting with the DC/HC and got their complaints out, all of a sudden, the scheme changed, play-calling changed drastically, and they're back to their 2020 form.

Phillips is sure lovin' it.

Back
Top Bottom