Karras, Van Noy, Godcheux, how do we let them walk? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Karras, Van Noy, Godcheux, how do we let them walk?

There was a meeting after we went 1-7, the defense players asked for a meeting with the DC/HC and got their complaints out, all of a sudden, the scheme changed, play-calling changed drastically, and they're back to their 2020 form.

Phillips is sure lovin' it.
You have a link to this meeting?

I never saw that.

My question is could NE do that too us? Just cram it and we’d be as helpless as Buffalo? I’d like to think we’re more stout up front than that am I dreaming?

You have a link to this meeting?

I never saw that.
I do not. Somebody had mentioned it here in a thread, then I heard the announcers talking about it in the Carolina game IIRC, so it's out there somewhere.

My question is could NE do that too us? Just cram it and we’d be as helpless as Buffalo? I’d like to think we’re more stout up front than that am I dreaming?
I think that’ll be their offense (limited passing) for the rest of the season. They might let Mac throw it around 20 times max, but who is going to stop that running game and score on that defense?

I think that’ll be their offense (limited passing) for the rest of the season. They might let Mac throw it around 20 times max, but who is going to stop that running game and score on that defense?
Fully staffed Titans may give them a challenge but I’m not sure that will happen again.

It’s not really the talent we’re lacking or letting go of. It’s the poor coaching not making the most of what we have.
On the o-line, IMO the problem is not so much the poor coaching but the fact that they took away competent veteran presence and leadership. (I say they took away competent veteran presence because Davis is incompetent!) Young players learn and improve on the o-line when there is a capable veteran next to them... like an on-field coach. Grier and Flores removed these on-field coaches and basically threw these young players to the wolves. Every decision concerning the o-line made by Grier and/or Flores has taken stupidity to a whole new level.

In looking at the stats from the game last night, Van Noy had 1 tackle. So I have no idea why anyone would wonder why the Dolphins would have let him go. I would much rather have Van Ginkel and Phillips as the outside LB’s than Van Noy.

Godchaux had a very good game but the Dolphins saw him as more of a backup to Davis and Wilkins and didn’t feel he was worth the money that the Patriots were willing to give him in free agency. Davis and Wilkins have played very well, so not wanting to sign a backup DT for the money he was paid by the Patriots still makes sense to be.

Karras is listed as the backup center on the Patriots. He was nothing special with the Dolphins last year and he obviously wanted to go back to the Patriots instead of resigning with the Dolphins. No big loss as far as I am concerned.

In looking at the stats from the game last night, Van Noy had 1 tackle. So I have no idea why anyone would wonder why the Dolphins would have let him go. I would much rather have Van Ginkel and Phillips as the outside LB’s than Van Noy.

Godchaux had a very good game but the Dolphins saw him as more of a backup to Davis and Wilkins and didn’t feel he was worth the money that the Patriots were willing to give him in free agency. Davis and Wilkins have played very well, so not wanting to sign a backup DT for the money he was paid by the Patriots still makes sense to be.

Karras is listed as the backup center on the Patriots. He was nothing special with the Dolphins last year and he obviously wanted to go back to the Patriots instead of resigning with the Dolphins. No big loss as far as I am concerned.
Exactly. Not worth the money they gave him.

Maybe leadership skills but I question that too.

Today you would. How about in week 6 or 7? I think Van Noy would have been well worth the money just to provide some stability when everything was falling apart. Like Rowe in the secondary. You can see hes slipped a bit and there are a couple far more talented safeties on this roster but hes still managed to contribute and be a net positive for this secondary.

Godchaux I can understand. He wanted to get paid and I doubt he would have taken a similar offer from the Phins.

Thanks. So nothing. Thought so.

Nothing comes out of Davie unless Flores wants it to.
What caused the turnaround then? Same players, same coaches. Overnight just go from 32nd to tops? And who do you believe was responsible for the defense in the first 7 games if not the coaches?

There were grumblings coming out from players about how they didn't like the scheme, didn't trust Flo, couldn't approach Flo, Flo was losing some of the players, etc, then the other info came out about a meeting the players had, and it was stated by an ex-player announcer during our game's live broadcast.

Too much smoke.

What caused the turnaround then? Same players, same coaches. Overnight just go from 32nd to tops? And who do you believe was responsible for the defense in the first 7 games if not the coaches?

There were grumblings coming out from players about how they didn't like the scheme, didn't trust Flo, couldn't approach Flo, Flo was losing some of the players, etc, then the other info came out about a meeting the players had, and it was stated by an ex-player announcer during our game's live broadcast.

Too much smoke.
The only thing I saw was Hollins stating some were not putting in the effort on the practice field and in the film room.

I think players themselves got a reality check.

Back
Top Bottom