Kay-Jay Harris Confident | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kay-Jay Harris Confident

The first one was Quincy Wilson......He's on the miami squad also...

I'm really not sure but that dude got the hell knocked out of him reguardless!!!

Something About having KJ Harris and Ronnie Brown screams Powerhouse Backfield, Hes Going to have to jump some people in the Depth Chart but he will be playing with some fire.

I wonder if we will have two rookies to be our top 2 RB's?

:hmmm:

I'm all for it if he can back his words up. He sounds really confident, which is what this team needs. We need a bunch of mean guys going out there looking to be great. Kay Jay Harris and Matt Roth, so far they've been described as having similiar personalities. Sounds like a fun season, let's get it goin'!

Kay Jay is the kind of mean guy that will run you over and keep on going. Like you saw in that play against that team where he was pulling 4 or 5 players from the other team. Very strong legs and Core area

yea.....

Was anybody there when it happened?...

I was watching it from my place in wv, and starting going crazy when it happened....It was very awesome!

infiltrateib said:
No offense Kay-Jay, but please see the Senior Bowl footage.
Doesn't matter what he did at the Senior Bowl. That is basically a show for the fans. Of more importance is what he did in the practices during Senior Bowl week. That is what the scouts watch mostly.
The standard premise about the Senior Bowl has been that a player couldn't hurt his stock based on performance in that game, only help himself. I've heard that repeated many times.

Here is what nlscouting.com said about Harris from Senior Bowl week:

West Virginia's KAY-JAY HARRIS (South) -- has really helped himself in several areas this week… good-looking physique; weighed in at 5116, 232 pounds, and also had second largest hands (10 1/8") of the ten backs in attendance… better-than-advertised hands… has run with very good straight-line speed and power, having run over a defender on one occasion and taken a few handoffs the distance during 9-on-7 drills… still runs a little too upright… leaves himself open to big hits… does not always play to his size/speed… needs to improve, as a blocker… raw in terms of all-around skills… needs to run with better patience and vision… little older prospect (25-26), as he played minor league baseball before heading to college… his overall durability along with some character questions still remain, although he was very cordial and well-mannered when I asked him to answer a few questions after two practices…

minorfan said:
In today's Palm Beach Post:

"They took 25 running backs ahead of me," said Harris, one of at least 12 undrafted free agents to agree to a contract with the Dolphins. "I was top 10 the whole time. Not hearing my name called has made me bitter."

"To me, the Dolphins got a steal," said Harris, who slipped because he's 26 years old and has durability concerns. "I just feel for the 16 teams that are on that schedule. I have so much to unleash and I'll do it between the white lines."

Harris, who ran for 337 yards and four touchdowns against East Carolina in West Virginia's season opener in 2005, is convinced he'll be in Miami's running back rotation.

"I could have run for 500 yards in that game," Harris said. "We had 11 minutes left. You know, I have so much to prove now. With me and Ronnie Brown, our styles are alike, with our size and speed. We can take it 80 yards on any play. We can be a one-two punch on the AFC."

Nice, pack your bags Minor you're finished in Miami :D

I would LOVE to see Kay Jay beat out Gordon and Minor and become Ronnie's backup.

When Ronnie takes a breather, the power just keeps on coming at you baby!

Quincy Wilson ran over Threat on that play.

Harris is somewhat of a straight ahead guy, lacks moves, and is old.

He's the perfect guy to get as an undrafted FA but let's let him play just a down or so before we get excited about anyone really.

Back
Top Bottom