Kay-Jay Harris Confident | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kay-Jay Harris Confident

minorfan said:
In today's Palm Beach Post:

"They took 25 running backs ahead of me," said Harris, one of at least 12 undrafted free agents to agree to a contract with the Dolphins. "I was top 10 the whole time. Not hearing my name called has made me bitter."

"To me, the Dolphins got a steal," said Harris, who slipped because he's 26 years old and has durability concerns. "I just feel for the 16 teams that are on that schedule. I have so much to unleash and I'll do it between the white lines."

Harris, who ran for 337 yards and four touchdowns against East Carolina in West Virginia's season opener in 2005, is convinced he'll be in Miami's running back rotation.

"I could have run for 500 yards in that game," Harris said. "We had 11 minutes left. You know, I have so much to prove now. With me and Ronnie Brown, our styles are alike, with our size and speed. We can take it 80 yards on any play. We can be a one-two punch on the AFC."

Good, confidence and something to prove are a good thing. We can say goodbye to Minor and keep 4 backs if Ricky comes back or keep 3 if he doesnt. Having too many backs is never a problem, if anything we have a back to trade for more picks.

Jimmy James said:
He needs to take that bitterness and use it in the weight room. If he does, he'll be a beast. Teams will fear Ronnie taking a breather almost as much as him staying in the game. :)
:yes: I like his fire:fire: . Thats a good start.

finz99 said:
That first one is INSANE! did he run over Antrel on that one???
Run over? That was more of a blast-explosion, THEN he ran over him. And that was Rolle? This guy is awesome...and by saying he's bitter, I think he means he's got a bit of a chip on his shoulder, which is a good thing.

MelbournePhin said:
his signing just puts more emphasis on how costly trading for lamar freakin gordon was.
True but that's the past, we have to move on. If Gordon can contribute this year, great. If not, bye bye. Gotta stop worrying about the mistakes of the past.

The first run was NOT Kay Jay,

as someone pointed out earlier.
It was #3 Wilson.

The other runs were impressive, but the first was kick ***.

cowtowndick said:
Run over? That was more of a blast-explosion, THEN he ran over him. And that was Rolle? This guy is awesome...and by saying he's bitter, I think he means he's got a bit of a chip on his shoulder, which is a good thing.
Too bad - as someone pointed out, it wasn't Harris on that play. And yes, we should not get too excited until he proves himself.

cowtowndick said:
True but that's the past, we have to move on. If Gordon can contribute this year, great. If not, bye bye. Gotta stop worrying about the mistakes of the past.

i know. but this particular past mistake had an impact on the here and now with the draft. we could have plucked a QB or somthing. oh well

Back
Top Bottom