Kdawg's Game Log . . . . Fins @ Jets | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kdawg's Game Log . . . . Fins @ Jets

BTW KDawg, I couldn't agree with you more on Jenkins. It's the one personnel decision I think the coaches are making a mistake on. They keep trying to nurse him into the lineup, and he is failing play after play. He's always a half step late or out of position when he should be making a play. Like you are saying, we are a better football team with Neville Hewitt right now. I'm not piling on Jenkins. He clearly isn't close to 100%. I thought they should have shut him down until he was much more healthy about 6 or 8 weeks ago. It's a similar situation to Steen's. They each are probably the better player, but with the injuries they can't perform as well as their backups.

Assuming Vance Joseph sticks around, how good will his defense look if we can get the guy an elite LB, one more pass rusher, get another full off-season with the young corners plus Phillips, and with a healthy Reshad Jones for the full season?

I am starting to lean towards drafting a top level LB over a pass rusher. At 1-4, I was thinking of the elite pass rusher, but late teens/early 20's at best, I'm thinking a playmaking LB will be there and we desperately need to pair that with Kiko next year.

Was really hopeful for Bobby McCain, and he has probably let me down more than anybody on defense this year. Nickel will need addressing at some point.

I'm not as confident with the Reshad/IAQ combo tho. I feel like Reshad is the big playmaker SS while IAQ is more of that "I'm in the right place SS". Neither one really have that FS skill that we probably need back there. Clearly our 2 best safeties, but will it be our best combo next year? I could see some action to bring in a quality FS.

Would absolutely be thrilled if we can get something out of Dion Jordan. I know, I know . . . wishful thinking, but the leaders on that DLine have seemed to embrace him, maybe he tightens up over the offseason.

Draft needs to be all defense IMO, with eyes open for a big threat TE. Resign Sims and Stills and continue improving your offensive line (not a first round pick, but quality FA/draft finesse).

We gotta give it a go while Wake is still playing at this level. No rushing Ryan back this year . . . next year is our legit chance, keep him healthy with a healthy offseason and maybe we can win this damn division.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

BTW KDawg, I couldn't agree with you more on Jenkins. It's the one personnel decision I think the coaches are making a mistake on. They keep trying to nurse him into the lineup, and he is failing play after play. He's always a half step late or out of position when he should be making a play. Like you are saying, we are a better football team with Neville Hewitt right now. I'm not piling on Jenkins. He clearly isn't close to 100%. I thought they should have shut him down until he was much more healthy about 6 or 8 weeks ago. It's a similar situation to Steen's. They each are probably the better player, but with the injuries they can't perform as well as their backups.

Crazy thing is, if he ends up being a cheap resign, I think you have to do that just to continue your LB depth. He is not healthy but healthy, he is at worst, decent depth and has shown to be a quality starter in the past.

But right now, yea, keep him away from the field lol

I am starting to lean towards drafting a top level LB over a pass rusher. At 1-4, I was thinking of the elite pass rusher, but late teens/early 20's at best, I'm thinking a playmaking LB will be there and we desperately need to pair that with Kiko next year.

Was really hopeful for Bobby McCain, and he has probably let me down more than anybody on defense this year. Nickel will need addressing at some point.

I'm not as confident with the Reshad/IAQ combo tho. I feel like Reshad is the big playmaker SS while IAQ is more of that "I'm in the right place SS". Neither one really have that FS skill that we probably need back there. Clearly our 2 best safeties, but will it be our best combo next year? I could see some action to bring in a quality FS.

Would absolutely be thrilled if we can get something out of Dion Jordan. I know, I know . . . wishful thinking, but the leaders on that DLine have seemed to embrace him, maybe he tightens up over the offseason.

Draft needs to be all defense IMO, with eyes open for a big threat TE. Resign Sims and Stills and continue improving your offensive line (not a first round pick, but quality FA/draft finesse).

We gotta give it a go while Wake is still playing at this level. No rushing Ryan back this year . . . next year is our legit chance, keep him healthy with a healthy offseason and maybe we can win this damn division.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Crazy thing is, if he ends up being a cheap resign, I think you have to do that just to continue your LB depth. He is not healthy but healthy, he is at worst, decent depth and has shown to be a quality starter in the past.

Agree 100% on all points. Jenkins has some talent. I just wouldn't want to bring him back as the starter. I'd prefer swing Alonso out to WLB, and sign/draft starting SLB, and MLBs. As low as we will be drafting I think you are right on LB vs DE in the first. Unless decent edge rush talent falls.

How good would Corn Elder look manning the slot for the Fins? He's probably going to go too soon for us to pick him to be a 3rd or 4th corner though. If he drops to the third round somehow though I'd hope we find a way to scoop him up.

Agree 100% on all points. Jenkins has some talent. I just wouldn't want to bring him back as the starter. I'd prefer swing Alonso out to WLB, and sign/draft starting SLB, and MLBs. As low as we will be drafting I think you are right on LB vs DE in the first. Unless decent edge rush talent falls.

How good would Corn Elder look manning the slot for the Fins? He's probably going to go too soon for us to pick him to be a 3rd or 4th corner though. If he drops to the third round somehow though I'd hope we find a way to scoop him up.

Man the development of Corn Elder has been a great thing to watch this year . . . to me he's like a much higher ceiling Brandon Harris . . . more height, more speed and more playmaking ability. Would love to get him in this draft.

Man the development of Corn Elder has been a great thing to watch this year . . . to me he's like a much higher ceiling Brandon Harris . . . more height, more speed and more playmaking ability. Would love to get him in this draft.

His physicality this year has really stood out to me, and why I think he would really fit well in the Dolphin defense in the slot. I think he'd be money defending the Pats WR's like Edelman for instance. He's also the type of player who could easily play outside if needed so would give us a measure of roster flexibility a player like McCain (or the McCain before him) don't give. Those guys belong only in the slot.

I agree with you on linebacker as the primary need.

I do think the team needs to draft another offensive lineman, maybe pretty high. This line played great when all the starters were healthy, but that's a big issue unfortunately with Albert and Pouncey. I'd look to free agency to add a serviceable guard.

Honestly, it would be great to get another 2nd round pick somehow. Would like to see Miami capitalize on the talent at tight end in this draft.

I think it's clear Jenkins just isn't healthy right now. Granted he's looked lost all year dropping into Zone, but he can't tackle right now and is losing his footing.

Also I briefly mentioned this last week, and also mentioned in chat. I think you'd see more shots down field as Moore has more of the "nothing open, I'm going deep mindset" than Tannehill does. That also means you'll see some interceptions too. NOTE: NOT A MOORE VS TANNEHILL POST. Just an observation. I think you'll see other moments where not having Tannehill's legs will hurt us

I think it's clear Jenkins just isn't healthy right now. Granted he's looked lost all year dropping into Zone, but he can't tackle right now and is losing his footing.

Also I briefly mentioned this last week, and also mentioned in chat. I think you'd see more shots down field as Moore has more of the "nothing open, I'm going deep mindset" than Tannehill does. That also means you'll see some interceptions too. NOTE: NOT A MOORE VS TANNEHILL POST. Just an observation. I think you'll see other moments where not having Tannehill's legs will hurt us

Moore is a dangerous QB for other teams to face because he will not sit and get sacked by any team unless free blitzers roam free and take him down . . . which in this situation, he has shown proneness to fumbling the ball because he probably didn't see it coming. If there is pressure he is lobbing it down field . . . . which is not the worst strategy because he has the skill players that can come down with the ball.

Tannehill is safer with the ball. He's an assassin, but he doesn't have the aggression that Matt Moore has. Tannehill's legs, his recent legs, definitely would of aided us in these final 2 games . . . Moore can move a bit, but he's trying to go down field over getting good yardage on a scramble.

Truthfully, we need the run game to get going . . . I am not comfortable putting all this pressure on Matt Moore to go out and win games like that. There has ultimately gotta be a balance to give us the best shot. But make no mistake, this ain't a gun shy rookie behind center . . . the ball is coming out of Moore's hands, for better or for worse.

Good job...I would simply say again that we are all hoping Moore finds a different level than he's displayed in his career prior to last week.

And I would hope we could all stop feeling the need to compare or bash either our starter....or his backup....lets enjoy the ride.

Thanks for the write up! Just want to say this one more time.... 9-5 baby! Winning season!

Kenny Stills is a must resign. He is good for 1 deep TD every game now

Its troubling that on 1st and 2nd and 1 we couldn't punch the ball in on 2 different series. That's 4 times stuffed on the 1 yard line

Back
Top Bottom