Keep Booing Jay...He'll Silence You Soon

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
6,915
Reaction score
11
Location
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
The boos that roared down on J. Fiedler last night were so loud, I could hardly keep from getting into the mix as well....

He's been booed ever since he unseated D. Huard, but these were boos like I'd never heard before. Do the Phinz fans really hate J.F. that much???.....I really don't think so.

Jay knows how to handle this, and he will. He's been dealing with this for two years now, and I'm sure he's just fine with it all. Jay can overcome whatever we throw at him, and he'll rebound in a big way with R. Lucas on his heels now.....

I have no doubt about Jays' leadership, and his attitude towards losing. He hates to lose because he's a winner, and he himself wont stand for the way he played last night....

He'll improve over the next few weeks, and he'll silence the critics once again when he starts throwing TD's instead of INT's.....

This system is much easier on the QB, and he'll have many more options to use this season as well. R. Lucas has been getting comfortable with these new weapons while Jay has only been able to watch. Once he gets his confidence, and starts getting more reps with the starters, he'll be much better.....

THERE IS NO QB CONTROVERSY.....J. FIEDLER IS OUR QB.

PHINZ RULE!!!!
 

Muck

Now completely imaginary
Hammered
Joined
Feb 3, 2002
Messages
30,528
Reaction score
7
Location
Elsewhere
Long as that OL comes along, everything else should be fine.
 

WharfRat

Taylor Club
Joined
May 26, 2002
Messages
17,876
Reaction score
2
Location
In a land far, far away
I hope you're right Blitz.... I am not one to condone a QB controversy this late in camp... an I have tried to be optimistic about Jay this season... but I'm starting to get worried. I mean, it's starting to sound homeristic when I keep telling myself, "He'll bounce back...it'll be OK"

I don't think Lucas can cary us through the season, no matter how well he's played this past week... we really need Jay to play to the best of his abilities... I don't expect superstart status from him... I only want him to be adequate....
 

Den54

Punk Exterminator
Joined
Mar 30, 2002
Messages
5,885
Reaction score
0
Location
Lakeland Fl
Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
The boos that roared down on J. Fiedler last night were so loud, I could hardly keep from getting into the mix as well....

He's been booed ever since he unseated D. Huard, but these were boos like I'd never heard before. Do the Phinz fans really hate J.F. that much???.....I really don't think so.

Jay knows how to handle this, and he will. He's been dealing with this for two years now, and I'm sure he's just fine with it all. Jay can overcome whatever we throw at him, and he'll rebound in a big way with R. Lucas on his heels now.....

I have no doubt about Jays' leadership, and his attitude towards losing. He hates to lose because he's a winner, and he himself wont stand for the way he played last night....

He'll improve over the next few weeks, and he'll silence the critics once again when he starts throwing TD's instead of INT's.....

This system is much easier on the QB, and he'll have many more options to use this season as well. R. Lucas has been getting comfortable with these new weapons while Jay has only been able to watch. Once he gets his confidence, and starts getting more reps with the starters, he'll be much better.....

THERE IS NO QB CONTROVERSY.....J. FIEDLER IS OUR QB.

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Excellent post!!
My sentiments too.
 

FinHeavenAJ

FinHeaven Lives
Joined
Sep 2, 2001
Messages
3,809
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Location
Atlanta, GA
I totally agree BLITZKRIEG... Jay doesn't deserve that kind of crap from the fans. I've said this once and I'll say it again, there are fans that are simply spoiled and want a Dan Marino playing... which will never happen. Jay Fiedler will be enough to take us all the way... trust me.
 

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Joined
May 24, 2002
Messages
52,174
Reaction score
6,405
Location
Tampa, FL
A lot of people are dissing the booing fans but to be quite honest, I'm perfectly ok with the fact that they booed his performance. Its a lot different from when he went to a Heat game minding his own business and a bunch of people (who probably aren't even football fans) started booing him.

His performance DESERVED some boos. Otherwise he could just excuse it somehow as I've seen him do time and again. When the crowd boos its a painful reminder that he's not doing his job and there IS no valid excuse for that kind of throwing in our starter. I realize that the facts are that he didn't have much practice time and etc, and most likely with practice he will improve. However he still COULD have done better. Sorry but at least one of those plays it was a matter of simple awareness and attention to detail. We ought to expect better from him. He has no piddly contract to hide behind now...he received a nice sized contract and its time for his own production to start standing in his corner, not Dave Wannstedt anymore. So, you throw three interceptions and fail to get us a TD? We're gonna boo you. Then when the backup QB comes in and charges us downfield for the TD we're gonna cheer him. Get us some TDs and don't make boneheaded throws, we'll cheer you on too Jay. Just because there was booing, it doesnt mean there's a QB controversy. It means what it means, Fiedler stunk it up out there and deserved what he got. Just like Dan Marino would have deserved to be booed that thanksgiving game against the Cowboys when he threw 5 picks. BOOOOOOOOO!!!

Fiedler's still our starter though. And most of Miami knows why.
 

The Beach Bum

Communication Artist, DSOA, WPB.FL
Joined
May 19, 2002
Messages
698
Reaction score
0
Age
31
Location
Palm Beach County, Florida
WHo says that we dont have enthousiastic fans?????? A lot of people do...... but i think that we have some of the best fans in the league. Since the old days of "Perfection" this team has always had sold out game..... cheers as loud as they get..... emotions that run as wild as they can..... Everything that Green Bay Fans have. I have been to green bay during the football season, and they are just like us...... When they win, they say they are the best team ever. And when they lose..... they think the entire starting lineup should be different and they have to have a new makeover and that they are the worst team.

I am going off the subject, but we have awesome fans...... and booing just shows how enthusiastic they are in their team.......... But they dont really realize it. Im not saying i want it at all. But thats just the way it is....... And if someone has a bad performance, then they deserve to be booed,

unlike the Heat game where the booers were probably 12 year old Jet fans who got spanked by their mommas after doing that........ lol
 

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Joined
Sep 3, 2001
Messages
25,552
Reaction score
5
Age
53
Location
your six
It all comes back to free agency.....Fans are not loyal to players, they are loyal to the team. If you come in and screw up our team, we are going to boo you. It doesn't matter who you are.We can replace you too easily.I'm not saying we should replace Fiedler, I'm just saying that it could have been any body out there and if they performed like that, they would have been booed too. Even Danny boy, like ck said.

I do disagree with one thing ck.....you blow off jay's lack of practice time as if it wasn't the single biggest reason for his performance. I think it is the only possible explanation and his play in the next game will be dramatically improved. JMO.
 

Den54

Punk Exterminator
Joined
Mar 30, 2002
Messages
5,885
Reaction score
0
Location
Lakeland Fl
I can't do it CK

Originally posted by ckparrothead
A lot of people are dissing the booing fans but to be quite honest, I'm perfectly ok with the fact that they booed his performance. Its a lot different from when he went to a Heat game minding his own business and a bunch of people (who probably aren't even football fans) started booing him.

His performance DESERVED some boos. Otherwise he could just excuse it somehow as I've seen him do time and again. When the crowd boos its a painful reminder that he's not doing his job and there IS no valid excuse for that kind of throwing in our starter. I realize that the facts are that he didn't have much practice time and etc, and most likely with practice he will improve. However he still COULD have done better. Sorry but at least one of those plays it was a matter of simple awareness and attention to detail. We ought to expect better from him. He has no piddly contract to hide behind now...he received a nice sized contract and its time for his own production to start standing in his corner, not Dave Wannstedt anymore. So, you throw three interceptions and fail to get us a TD? We're gonna boo you. Then when the backup QB comes in and charges us downfield for the TD we're gonna cheer him. Get us some TDs and don't make boneheaded throws, we'll cheer you on too Jay. Just because there was booing, it doesnt mean there's a QB controversy. It means what it means, Fiedler stunk it up out there and deserved what he got. Just like Dan Marino would have deserved to be booed that thanksgiving game against the Cowboys when he threw 5 picks. BOOOOOOOOO!!!

Fiedler's still our starter though. And most of Miami knows why.

Dan Marino has done so much for the Dolphin organization on and off the field and coming back to soon from a neck injury to play Thanksgiving day. And you in the stands wearing his jersey would boo him? Dan is a WINNER and it hurt him as much as us when it was evident that he was'nt the player he once was.

It was painful for him and his fans and imo booing would have been a classless act. If you would have booed him I hope you would have least have taken his jersey off and gave it to a more deserving fan.

Dan's a legend and the greatest QB of all time.IMO.:confused:
 

Dolfan984

Super Duper Club
Joined
Sep 3, 2001
Messages
9,686
Reaction score
8
Age
36
Location
Bay Area, California
Re: I can't do it CK

Originally posted by Den54



Dan Marino has done so much for the Dolphin organization on and off the field and coming back to soon from a neck injury to play Thanksgiving day. And you in the stands wearing his jersey would boo him? Dan is a WINNER and it hurt him as much as us when it was evident that he was'nt the player he once was.

It was painful for him and his fans and imo booing would have been a classless act. If you would have booed him I hope you would have least have taken his jersey off and gave it to a more deserving fan.

Dan's a legend and the greatest QB of all time.IMO.:confused:
Very good point, but Jay is also a WINNER, and a good Quarterback that we take for granted.
 

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Joined
May 24, 2002
Messages
52,174
Reaction score
6,405
Location
Tampa, FL
You're damn right I'd boo Dan Marino during that 5 interception performance. No excuses accepted. We've seen Jay Fiedler perform like this before so just because he had barely any practice it doesn't mean its an excuse to be so bad. During the regular season, injury may force him into situations where he doesn't get to practice much the week of the game. And if he throws 3 ints there should we chalk it up and say we'll get'em next time? Not in my book. Its never ok to perform like that, and other QBs are fully capable of doing better than Jay did on the little amount of practice he got (see Vinny Testeverde). DW said it himself, it wasn't the offense. Jay was making the right reads (except maybe the one where Konrad was open). It was a physical throwing issue...outright blatant in your face inaccuracy. Am I saying he sucks and should be fired? No he's still our best QB and I believe a mediocre starting QB in the NFL (which, if you really look at all the other guys out there, is not too shabby). But am I saying that he can go out there, throw blaringly inaccurate passes no matter the excuse and get away without me voicing my displeasure. NO. Dan Marino couldn't have even done that.
 

Den54

Punk Exterminator
Joined
Mar 30, 2002
Messages
5,885
Reaction score
0
Location
Lakeland Fl
I agree

its to soon to boo Jay. We need to be surportive till he gets his timing down get, over his hip injurey etc. I have never been much of a booer of my own team in any sports. I save that for the opposition.:)
 

Den54

Punk Exterminator
Joined
Mar 30, 2002
Messages
5,885
Reaction score
0
Location
Lakeland Fl
Well thats your right

Originally posted by ckparrothead
You're damn right I'd boo Dan Marino during that 5 interception performance. No excuses accepted. We've seen Jay Fiedler perform like this before so just because he had barely any practice it doesn't mean its an excuse to be so bad. During the regular season, injury may force him into situations where he doesn't get to practice much the week of the game. And if he throws 3 ints there should we chalk it up and say we'll get'em next time? Not in my book. Its never ok to perform like that, and other QBs are fully capable of doing better than Jay did on the little amount of practice he got (see Vinny Testeverde). DW said it himself, it wasn't the offense. Jay was making the right reads (except maybe the one where Konrad was open). It was a physical throwing issue...outright blatant in your face inaccuracy. Am I saying he sucks and should be fired? No he's still our best QB and I believe a mediocre starting QB in the NFL (which, if you really look at all the other guys out there, is not too shabby). But am I saying that he can go out there, throw blaringly inaccurate passes no matter the excuse and get away without me voicing my displeasure. NO. Dan Marino couldn't have even done that.

as a paying custormer to boo if you wish. I just don't feel they need to be reminded from us as fans when we both know they are going to hear about it from the media coaches ect. Just my two cents.
 

Ozzy

Premium Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2002
Messages
5,405
Reaction score
2
Location
Miami FLA
Originally posted by ckparrothead
A lot of people are dissing the booing fans but to be quite honest, I'm perfectly ok with the fact that they booed his performance. Its a lot different from when he went to a Heat game minding his own business and a bunch of people (who probably aren't even football fans) started booing him.

His performance DESERVED some boos.
Sorry man but my feelings are that your way off base here. Booing a player at home and especially at a Heat game (for nothing) is total BS, and shows a lack of class. I'm hittin folks with peanuts when they Boo!

The COACH is the one that's telling us this guys is the man, not the player. ESPECIALLY a player like Jay Fiedler who will leave it all out on the field. This is a make or break year for him, but it's Wanny's fault if he fails (he is either good enough or not good enough) IMO......
 
Top Bottom