Keep Booing Jay...He'll Silence You Soon | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keep Booing Jay...He'll Silence You Soon

Re: Re: I can't do it CK

Originally posted by Dolfan984

Very good point, but Jay is also a WINNER, and a good Quarterback that we take for granted.

Exactly...:up:

Same people who keep booing Jay , will be same one jumping on Jay's Bandwagon........I'm already use to all this negative talk about Fiedler......THis was their first opportunity to bash Fiedler and you think they were going to waste it?

I really like jay, aside from the aero dynamic ears, i think he will lead us to a confrence championship, and i believe he can take us all the way

If you cared to read that statement closely Ozzy, you'd see that I don't approve of what happened at that Heat game. At that point that was an outright voicing of displeasure of him being a Dolphin period, or him being our starting QB. He was minding his own business just trying to watch a game and all the sudden he gets booed cuz he gets put on the JumboTron. That wasn't right and I was as p!ssed as anyone when I heard about it.

But during a game its different. He is there to ENTERTAIN US. If he's not doing a very good job of that, not earning his money, then yes, he's going to hear it from the crowd. Yet, when he starts to perform well, again, the crowd will cheer him. Welcome to professional sports. If you can't handle it you don't belong.

Originally posted by Ozzy

Sorry man but my feelings are that your way off base here. Booing a player at home and especially at a Heat game (for nothing) is total BS, and shows a lack of class. I'm hittin folks with peanuts when they Boo!

The COACH is the one that's telling us this guys is the man, not the player. ESPECIALLY a player like Jay Fiedler who will leave it all out on the field. This is a make or break year for him, but it's Wanny's fault if he fails (he is either good enough or not good enough) IMO......
I'm not the biggest Fiedler fan, but we should support him as much as possible. Of course it's too early to start booing, but we don't need to throw any projectiles, harmless though they may be, the fair weather fans show what idiots they are without any encouragement or chastisement.

How's this for a challenge? If Fielder leads us to and wins the Super Bowl, all the booing, self-proclaimed detractors kiss his a$$ publicly.

Blitzkreig I must say you make me laugh! I agree with your post, but find it hillairous that you have no paitence for our defense that has carried this team for the past 2 seasons, but have infinite paitence for Jay who has thrown 40 ints in the past 2 years. I deffinitly agree with Ozzy that is is Dave who is responable for our play at QB. This is Jay's make or break season, but it is Dave who should be judeged not Jay. The only coach in the NFL that thought Jay was a starting QB, so if Jay fails that means Dave failed, but on the flip side if Jay comes up big this season Dave should get all the positve feedback. Just a observation if Jay wants to quiet the boos all he needs to do is have a great game in the 3rd week this year. A big victory against the Jets will shut many people up at least untill the playoffs.

Originally posted by Miamian
I'm not the biggest Fiedler fan, but we should support him as much as possible. Of course it's too early to start booing, but we don't need to throw any projectiles, harmless though they may be, the fair weather fans show what idiots they are without any encouragement or chastisement.

How's this for a challenge? If Fielder leads us to and wins the Super Bowl, all the booing, self-proclaimed detractors kiss his a$$ publicly.

Buy would his ass be sore after that! Honestly I bet Vinny T has more fans in dade county than Jay has.

Hey like I said, what happened at the Heat game was a classless act however when you buy tickets to a professional football game you expect to be entertained. And when a QB is not doing his job he's failing to earn his money. Before, Jay had a little bit of an excuse. He had a piddly contract to hide behind and all you could say if he did somethin bad was "well what do you expect?" But now he's gotten a decent contract and he's supposed to live up to it. So if he goes out there and p!sses off the fans by throwing three boneheaded interceptions in one half of practice, sure he's going to get booed. Power to the audience on that one. Its not ok and now if Jay wants to get cheered, all he has to do is lead us to touchdowns instead of ints. It'd be one thing if fans only booed him and failed to cheer him for something good but in my experience, that is just not the case with these Miami fans. They only cheered Ray Lucas because of his performance against the Bucs. If he too sucked @ss against the Bucs, they wouldn't have cheered him. If Jay comes out and starts slingin'em all over the place against the Texans runnin up some scores, say hello to some cheering. This is professional sports and if you can't handle it, you don't belong.

CK is right...Ck I've got to get off your jock Man..But S. FL fans are like Texas Fans, they love their football..They don't keep up with what's happening in practice..When they come to a game they expect a certain standard...Unfortunately Jay didn't live up to that standard Thursday..Now that he will get some practice time in and get some pressure put on him to get his timing down he'd better do better or they will continue to boo him..It's sad because it doesn't really help his confidence...But Wanny gotta help him get ready.

Fiedler to get extra attention

Well heck, if Jay Fiedler didn't deal with boos very well he wouldn't have made it this far. That Heat game experience had to shake up his world though that was just uncalled for and if I were in the audience I would have stood there in direct defiance telling everyone to shut the fvck up.

It's no surprise that he got that kind of response from finfans. Finfans are wishywashy when it comes to Fiedler. Beleive me i know. Then again that's the way Fiedler has always been. He can be great one game and really suck the next. He's not known for his consistency.
It took us 4 years to realize that Rob was never going to be good w/ the bills. If you think that your cosistent runs for the playoffs was because of Fiedler, you're fooling yourselves. It's because of Zach Thomas and company. Your D was the only thing consistent all these years.

You guys better pray that Ricky works out. So far Fiedler has more scrambling yards than Ricky has running. After this year you guys will be in salary cap hell.

I know it's only preseason but seems to me finfans haven't realized that yet. Booing your qb this early? I expect the fins to be the team to beat in the AFCE. So far it that doesn't look that it's going to happen.

Looking forward to meeting up w/ the fins this year. It's a great year to be an AFCE fan. We may not be the team to beat but don't count us out.

Originally posted by justafan
It's no surprise that he got that kind of response from finfans. Finfans are wishywashy when it comes to Fiedler. Beleive me i know. Then again that's the way Fiedler has always been. He can be great one game and really suck the next. He's not known for his consistency.
It took us 4 years to realize that Rob was never going to be good w/ the bills. If you think that your cosistent runs for the playoffs was because of Fiedler, you're fooling yourselves. It's because of Zach Thomas and company. Your D was the only thing consistent all these years.

You guys better pray that Ricky works out. So far Fiedler has more scrambling yards than Ricky has running. After this year you guys will be in salary cap hell.

I know it's only preseason but seems to me finfans haven't realized that yet. Booing your qb this early? I expect the fins to be the team to beat in the AFCE. So far it that doesn't look that it's going to happen.

Looking forward to meeting up w/ the fins this year. It's a great year to be an AFCE fan. We may not be the team to beat but don't count us out.

I agree, I could understand booing Jay if he took all the snaps and didn't have the hip surgery and it was Detroit, but come on lets look at the circumstances people. What QB in the league would play well in that situation?

I think Wanny shouldn't of played Fiedler against Saints simply because he wasn't ready yet.

that was the biggest mistake he made.

if Lucas would have started and played the 1st half and we would of lost say 20-10 there would be no problem.

Jay Fiedler will be fine after a full week of practice and will kick ass on Saturday!!!

Playing JF wasn't a bad idea. Getting his feet wet was the main idea. However it isn't fair to judge him because of his injuries. On the other hand he's had that kind of performance even when he has had the best of health.

What do I care? I'm a bills fan. I can only hope he performs that way when we play the fins.

What do I care? I'm a bills fan. I can only hope he performs that way when we play the fins. [/B][/QUOTE]

:lol: History isn't exactly on your side. But hey :up: good luck. :)

Back
Top Bottom