Kelly Campbell finally signed!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kelly Campbell finally signed!!

Dolfan1000 said:
Well, I think he basically just replaces Gilmore. He does have a history with WR Coach Charlie Baggett, so that should be the connection.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that KC has experience with Culpepper from MN. That is huge for a new QB to already have a receiver that he is comfortable with. However, he isn't a 1st or 2nd option so its not that big of an impact to say our WR corps is complete. I would still love to draft my boy from UF Chad Jackson to really lock down our WR's.

Phinanthropist said:
IMHO Campbell will compete with Welker and Russell for a roster position.

Hopefully his head is right. Hopefully he will keep his mouth shut.

Mitchell is probably in the mix for kick return duties as well.

Only Campbell and Welker, Russell is a FA now

18.6 yards per catch = Playmaker

Not too bad for a 3rd-4th WR

...and he was an undrafted college FA...

With this..

I can expect an announcement about JP later on tonite..

we now have alot of depth at wr, witch now lessers the chance of us drafting chad jackson, its a shame that kid is going to be special

heat_fan said:
With this..

I can expect an announcement about JP later on tonite..

Well, if they thought JP was close, wouldnt they wait to announce this? Usually teams make 1 announcement per day, and group all signings in that one press release.

finsfan_84 said:
we now have alot of depth at wr, witch now lessers the chance of us drafting chad jackson, its a shame that kid is going to be special

Well, I wouldnt say that. We have decent depth, but definitely wouldnt rule out drafting a WR early.

Thats great. Its always good to have a reciever thts famaliar with Pepper already. Then the rest of the guys can pick up on his tendancies, and where he places it, touch patters, and all the extra stuff.

RICKY AND RONNIE FOR 2006

He'll only be good if he gets his head screwed on straight and focuses on football. He has the talent to be a #3 or even #2 wr but his maturity level has kept him from realizing his potential. Lets hope Saban can get him in line.

Campbell could be are #2 reciever

He is young and has been overshadowed by Randy Moss his whole career and last year he did not have the opportunity to play with Cullpepper all season without Moss. He averaged 20 yards a catch and had over 500 yards recieving in 2003 as a number 3 reciever. He is the fastest reciever we have had in a very long time, no offense to Gilmore but this guy is much faster and much better. In my opinion he might be our #2 and Booker will move to #3 when the season starts. This is a Pro Bowl calibar reciever (you will see). Saban is the F_ _ _ _ n Man.... Good Pick Up! I am very impressed with Saban's ability to evaluate talent...

Like others have said, he'll be our 4th WR and special teams player but we can still get a WR at 16(Jackson)....but this guy can get deep and when we go to 4 WR's set and if we get Jackson and with Campbell and CC our offence is gonna be scary.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom