Kennedy Says We Take Rolle

Goin' Deep

"Pick your guy and let it fly." - Marino
Finheaven VIP
Joined
May 5, 2004
Messages
4,808
Reaction score
3,078
Location
The Left Coast
Just watched Lincoln Kennedy on Total Access say the Dolphins should take Antrel Rolle with the second pick. Thinking is that we`re showing zero confidence in AJ, and that we`re pretty much admitting we wasted a 2nd round pick when we traded for him if we draft a QB. Also said there`s not a RB available that warrants going in the top 5. He said we might surprise and take an O lineman with the pick too....if we don`t trade down of course. Take it with a grain of salt people.
 

Bopkin02

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Feb 25, 2003
Messages
1,304
Reaction score
381
Age
52
Location
East Petersburg, PA
What does he know? That's way too high for Rolle. Kennedy gets paid to have opinions, and probably has no idea what would make sense for our team right now. He probably knows less than 80% of the people on this forum.
But thanks for the post.I actually saw that too this morning. Saban sure talks a lot with his hands, doesn't he?
 

Goin' Deep

"Pick your guy and let it fly." - Marino
Finheaven VIP
Joined
May 5, 2004
Messages
4,808
Reaction score
3,078
Location
The Left Coast
Bopkin02 said:
Saban sure talks a lot with his hands, doesn't he?
LOL, yeah I noticed that too. I don`t agree with Kennedy either, be alot of pissed off fans on here if Rolle or an O lineman go #2.
 

Steve S

Hammered
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
Messages
347
Reaction score
0
Goin` Deep said:
LOL, yeah I noticed that too. I don`t agree with Kennedy either, be alot of pissed off fans on here if Rolle or an O lineman go #2.
This is par for the course on the NFL Network, a collection of truly deep thinkers.

Antrel Rolle??? Ok, great. Way to think outside the box, Lincoln.
 

Krush

Finaholic
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
2,793
Reaction score
159
Age
63
Location
Sanford Florida
Lincoln Kennedy!
If the fins get a cornerback in this draft, I feel it would be a wasted pick, when you have braylon edwards sitting there to help your offense.
 

HugeFinFan

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Jul 2, 2003
Messages
1,646
Reaction score
1
Age
32
Location
NY
Bopkin02 said:
Saban sure talks a lot with his hands, doesn't he?
Reminds me of the Chris Farley SNL skit, Matt Foley :lol:
 

nick1

I am Groot
Moderator
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Messages
26,351
Reaction score
6,314
Location
FL
the 3 RB's are all worth a top 5 pick, he doesn't know what he's taking about. here are my top five: Alex Smith, Ronnie Brown, Branylon Edwards, Cedric Benson, and Cadillac Williams in that order as long as nobody trades down
 

fishypete

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
Dec 26, 2004
Messages
14,928
Reaction score
21
Age
68
Location
N.P.R. Florida
nick19991 said:
the 3 RB's are all worth a top 5 pick, he doesn't know what he's taking about. here are my top five: Alex Smith, Ronnie Brown, Branylon Edwards, Cedric Benson, and Cadillac Williams in that order as long as nobody trades down
Those are your top five....but they may not be Saban's top five.
 

HelloMotto

unknown quantity
Joined
Apr 10, 2004
Messages
1,292
Reaction score
0
Location
northeast ohio
Goin` Deep said:
Just watched Lincoln Kennedy on Total Access say the Dolphins should take Antrel Rolle with the second pick. Thinking is that we`re showing zero confidence in AJ, and that we`re pretty much admitting we wasted a 2nd round pick when we traded for him if we draft a QB. Also said there`s not a RB available that warrants going in the top 5. He said we might surprise and take an O lineman with the pick too....if we don`t trade down of course. Take it with a grain of salt people.
He may not be that far off as you think. Look at the pay scale for nfl players. Corner is the top then qb etc... top of the draft maybe you pick a player that is at the top of the pay scale...hmm interesting. :cooldude:
 

Schleprock

Mad and Surt...Legendary
Joined
Nov 9, 2004
Messages
2,794
Reaction score
113
Age
43
Location
MD
Goin` Deep said:
Just watched Lincoln Kennedy on Total Access say the Dolphins should take Antrel Rolle with the second pick. Thinking is that we`re showing zero confidence in AJ, and that we`re pretty much admitting we wasted a 2nd round pick when we traded for him if we draft a QB. Also said there`s not a RB available that warrants going in the top 5. He said we might surprise and take an O lineman with the pick too....if we don`t trade down of course. Take it with a grain of salt people.
That is not what he said. Here is what he set in STANDPOINTS :D

-I think Miami may consider a guy like Antrell Rolle to help that revamped defense.
-Neither of the top QBs look like they are franchise guys, plus if you go with one of them you are showing that you don't have much faith in Feeley, who you gave a #2 to get.
-None of the top backs are top 5 players (yeah, OK Lincoln, I just dismissed your draft savy after that :rolleyes: )
-Lincoln doesn't think either QB or RB helps this team at all next year (nevermind the fact RB is one of the easiest places to make an impact as a rookie :rolleyes: )
-Picking a guy like Rolle will get you a solid defensive player for the overhaul, that is local and something that can help your franchise sell tickets (sorry, we don't need him to help sell tickets either, Lincoln)
-Eisen asks about Edwards and Williams. Lincoln said both great picks too but not sure if they would make an initial impact
-"Ya never know, offensive line is a possibility as well. Ya just don't know at that pick really, Miami needs A LOT of help on the offensive side"
-caveat: all this implies Surtain gets traded to KC for a 2nd


As you can tell by my comments in parentheses....I think Lincoln's "expert analysis" was friggin idiotic! It may be the dumbest player choice I have ever heard at #2 for this draft. I'd rather take Derrick Johnson because we KNOW we at least need a LB.
 
Top Bottom