Kerry Collins could be cut or traded ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kerry Collins could be cut or traded ?

REAL DEAL

Seasoned Veteran
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
With the talk of a possible Giants trade with the Chargers for their number one pick , is it possible Collins gets cut or traded ? Anyone think this guy would be an up grade for us? I know he has had his ups and downs ,but the guy has produced in the past. Just a thought http://www.theredzone.org/news/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=1074

Collins wouldnt be that much of an upgrade, hes a solid starter but nothing special to go after, and i really dont see us trading for 2 QB's this offseason, I think the FO has its mind set on who will be our QB's and i dont think their gonna go after another experienced QB.

I think this draft may displace some vets come June 1st. I,m sure the front office will keep its eyes open. You never know who may fall into your lap after the draft and June cuts.

collins is great if you have an all-pro line to protect him... we don't, therefore he would not be an upgrade. Shouldn't even consider him with feeley/fiedler, the state of our line and salary cap.

If Collins isn't part of the potential deal to trade up and get the #1 pick, I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants keep him. Starting a rookie QB is never a good idea, so the best option for the Giants (if they don't involve Collins in the Manning deal, the Chargers supposedly want a veteran QB so I wouldn't be surprised if they do try to get Collins) would be to start Collins this year and then let Manning start in 2005.

With his slow release he may break the sack record in Miami.

NO KERRY COLLINS!!! WE NEED A YOUNG PROSPECT. WE HAVE FEELEY FOR NOW. NO MORE WASTED $$/ROSTER SPOTS

Back
Top Bottom