Key player for Sunday Win: Mike Gesicki | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Key player for Sunday Win: Mike Gesicki

ANUFan

Club Member
Reaction score
Obviously, the OL will have to give Tua sometime.

But you better believe after last weeks performance by both Waddle and Hill defenses will really invest more to limit them.

When you take that into consideration and the Bills seemingly will be without key guys on defense and particuliarly in the secondary. It makes the possibility of trying to double the aforementioned players even more.

That leaves guys like M.Gesicki whom oddly enough has had good games(statistically) against the Bills.

I have a good feeling Miami is aware of this too and expect to featur lots of Gesicki this Sunday.

Last edited:
Obviously, the OL will have to give Tua sometime.

But you better believe after last weeks performance by both Waddle and Hill defenses will really invest more to limit them.

When you take that into consideration and the Bills seemingly will be without key guys in defense and in the secondary. It makes the possibility of trying to double the aforementioned players even more.

That leaves guys like M.Gesicki whom oddly enough has had good games(statistically) against the Bills.

I have a good feeling Miami is aware of this too and expect to featur lots of Gesicki this Sunday.
Honestly, I believe it's going to be Mostert. I think we might get outside and break a few big runs.

Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

Tua has the elite accuracy to find his radius which is the best in the game, he does have that trait, no one has the combined height+vert+length as Gesicki

Hopefully the crossbar play become a staple for Tua to Gesicki

Imo it's because Tua is seeing the field at an elite level, which was always going to need to be the thing that sets him apart and was always going to take time. No QB - not one, none - enters the NFL seeing the field at an NFL-elite level. He's making decisions before the D can react.

The team is allowing him to thrive. As I've said, this is the inverse of his first two years in Miami. But, Tua is thriving. David Carr added D. Adams to an already solid set of weapons, and added Josh McDaniels, and they're 0-2 and not thriving.

We didnā€™t get Hill and Waddle so that they could be decoys......sure the bills might try to double them but we're still going to try to get them the ball. If all that attention open things up for the other then great but Hill and Waddle will still get the majority of the targets.

The team is allowing him to thrive. As I've said, this is the inverse of his first two years in Miami. But, Tua is thriving. David Carr added D. Adams to an already solid set of weapons, and added Josh McDaniels, and they're 0-2 and not thriving.

Brilliant point! So many make the assumption that, "Oh you have this big name reciever so therefore OFCOURSE you're going to be more successful!" Clearly Oak is showing that's not an automatic this early on in the season.

With the Buffalo secondary dealing with injury I was curios to learn if McDaniel would scheme more TE action as the Bills may try and over compensate by stacking the third level. After 2-weeks (yes, a small sample), the Bills lead the league in success defending TEs. The next four successful teams: Steelers, Niners, Saints, and Kansas City.

Stats | Football Outsiders

www.footballoutsiders.com
www.footballoutsiders.com
DVOA

Defense vs. TEs​

What is DVOA vs. TEs? DVOA takes every single pass to a tight end and compares each one to a league-average baseline based on situation and opponent. Defensive pass interference plays are included. Learn More >>
TOP 5 TEAMS
Updated: 9/23/2022, 11:34 am EDT
-110.8%
-89.2%
-74.3%
-46.4%
-44.8%
Learn More

the more his blocking comes along, the more the team will feel comfortable with 3 WR sets and only Mikey G at TE.

we never want it to be a "tell" that we're passing when he is the only TE in formation.

we only have 4 rush attempts for 36 yards out of this formation, so it has quite a ways to go, but Mike seems to be putting the work in to become serviceable in the run game.

Back
Top Bottom