Kickoffs To Become Boring But Safer? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kickoffs To Become Boring But Safer?

IMO, it is the most dangerous play with the littlest reward in terms of excitement......seems pretty rare that it actually results on n big plays. I’m fine in this case of siding with making it a safer play.

I don’t mind. Like 50% always have a block in the back flag anyway.

Boring? Sounds like there will be many more long returns with the new rule.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/5...nt=entry&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

I think the returners will be able to field the ball in the end zone and still get past the 20 before encountering the first potential tackler. It would resemble a punt a lot more. The consequence of trying and failing to kick through the end zone will be a long return (like over-kicking the coverage on a punt). Maybe some will strategize to kick high and short of the goal-line?

Last edited:
The whole thing is stupid. It's tackle football, not two hand touch or flag football but most people don't understand that.

The whole thing is stupid. It's tackle football, not two hand touch or flag football but most people don't understand that.
Everyone understands that. Most smart people understand progression though. And improving things. Sorry your precious kick return wont be as exciting, mean while, people will actually have a better quality of life after they retire. Give me a break. Anyone against such things is ridiculous.

Yet we still have 4 preseason games.

Hypocrisy much?
Starters don't even play a total of one full game over 4 preseason games. Don't want to get hurt? Don't play. 4 preseason games are vital for end of the roster players to do anything possible to realize their dream and make a living.

Kick offs have the highest % of concussions out of any play. If the goal is to make the game safer, it's a play you can legislate out of the game. Changes have to be made to football to make it safer, and within 5 years we probably won't have kickoffs anymore.

4 preseason games are vital for end of the roster players to do anything possible to realize their dream and make a living.
You can’t be serious.:roflmao

4 preseason games are vital for the filthy rich owners, only.

You have pro days, combine workouts, voluntary ota’s, mandatory ota’s, minicamps, training camps, and then FOUR preseason games...

That’s too much evaluation as is.

Then consider the fact that most of the fringe bubble players will never make a 53 man roster anyways.

XFL is coming though which I’m predicting is gonna be a developmental league for the NFL so there is hope for those looking to prove themselves.

The bottom line is exhibition football is prehistoric and should be eliminated all together.

Everyone understands that. Most smart people understand progression though. And improving things. Sorry your precious kick return wont be as exciting, mean while, people will actually have a better quality of life after they retire. Give me a break. Anyone against such things is ridiculous.
well count me in as being ''ridiculous''

This is football, its a dangerous game. its a risk reward for these players, the risk is one play can realistically change your life forever in a negative way, but the rewards are lots of money, women, fame, wtrvr they want.

None of these players are being forced to play in the nfl, but by making all these rule changes they have made over the past years, and this new one likely to be implemented shortly, this is not the nfl i grew up with, and i fear that soon the nfl will be unnoticeable.

i dont wish harm on any player, but its part of the game of football, injuries are going to happen, players know the risks when they sign up to play, so if they dont want to the risks associated with football, go get another job.

well count me in as being ''ridiculous''

This is football, its a dangerous game. its a risk reward for these players, the risk is one play can realistically change your life forever in a negative way, but the rewards are lots of money, women, fame, wtrvr they want.

None of these players are being forced to play in the nfl, but by making all these rule changes they have made over the past years, and this new one likely to be implemented shortly, this is not the nfl i grew up with, and i fear that soon the nfl will be unnoticeable.

i dont wish harm on any player, but its part of the game of football, injuries are going to happen, players know the risks when they sign up to play, so if they dont want to the risks associated with football, go get another job.

Lol. Most ridiculous thinking...We should go back to leather helmets. Bet itd wet your whistle really good seeing some brains getting bashed in.

"I paid $100 for a jersey once! I paid their salary! I. WANT. VIOLENCE!"

Lol. Most ridiculous thinking...We should go back to leather helmets. Bet itd wet your whistle really good seeing some brains getting bashed in.

"I paid $100 for a jersey once! I paid their salary! I. WANT. VIOLENCE!"

We need to have people (or bears) fight lions at half time while we're at it.

Back
Top Bottom