Kickoffs To Become Boring But Safer? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kickoffs To Become Boring But Safer?

I'd be 100% ok with scrapping it altogether. Just start on the 20 and be done with it. I'm sure the league wouldn't really want to lose those extra commercial slots though.

Kickoffs are boring to begin with, and as someone else has noted, there's a flag the majority of times something interesting happens.

I like what Greg Schianno has suggested. In place of kickoff, make the team that would otherwise be kicking have the ball on its own 30 yard line at 4th down and 20. Most of the time there will be a punt, where there are fewer injuries. But you might actually get more instances of teams trying to keep the ball, which adds excitement.

well count me in as being ''ridiculous''

This is football, its a dangerous game. its a risk reward for these players, the risk is one play can realistically change your life forever in a negative way, but the rewards are lots of money, women, fame, wtrvr they want.

None of these players are being forced to play in the nfl, but by making all these rule changes they have made over the past years, and this new one likely to be implemented shortly, this is not the nfl i grew up with, and i fear that soon the nfl will be unnoticeable.

i dont wish harm on any player, but its part of the game of football, injuries are going to happen, players know the risks when they sign up to play, so if they dont want to the risks associated with football, go get another job.

By not wanting changes that limit the chance of life threatening/changing injury simply for your entertainment, you kinda are.

I'd be 100% ok with scrapping it altogether. Just start on the 20 and be done with it. I'm sure the league wouldn't really want to lose those extra commercial slots though.

Yup. You could take kickers out of the equation completely and improve the game. Punters too. There is zero need for them and they have too much impact on a game where they get like 7 combined snaps. It's needed to be done for quite some time.

Back to soccer, fellas.

IT"S CALLED FOOTBALL!!!!

You throwing a temper tantrum doesn't change the fact that they are trying to improve the life of the players. Your tantrum makes it seem as though you value entertainment more than the lives of others.

Oh I know.....IT"S CALLED FOOTBALL!!!!

Back
Top Bottom