Kickoffs To Become Boring But Safer? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kickoffs To Become Boring But Safer?

You can’t be serious.:roflmao

4 preseason games are vital for the filthy rich owners, only.

You have pro days, combine workouts, voluntary ota’s, mandatory ota’s, minicamps, training camps, and then FOUR preseason games...

That’s too much evaluation as is.

Then consider the fact that most of the fringe bubble players will never make a 53 man roster anyways.

XFL is coming though which I’m predicting is gonna be a developmental league for the NFL so there is hope for those looking to prove themselves.

The bottom line is exhibition football is prehistoric and should be eliminated all together.

NFL Coaches would disagree with you...but you are sooooo right

For Belichick, there is still plenty to dissect.

He said he uses the preseason games to evaluate rookies and young players devoid of much NFL experience. Belichick has studied how coaches and coordinators in new systems deploy certain players, and whether similarities exist between present and past.

They should let starters play a series (or two) each preseason game, and use the rest as an audition for rookies, and guys that are on the fringe....maybe leave the starters out of it it altogether like they used to do with Tomlinson if them getting hurt is too potentially ship-sinking.

NFL Coaches would disagree with you...but you are sooooo right
So you speak for all NFL Coaches now?

Or does this unnamed insider of yours?

Here’s an actual clip of Belichick talking about how he uses Week 4 of the preseason to prepare for situational football...

Funny thing is there’s no ringing endorsement for preseason games present here. In fact, he states that scrimmages are the preferred method for practicing situational football.

New England has been at the forefront (always two steps ahead) by preparing for teams by scrimmaging with them during training camp the last several years now.

Point being you can achieve just as much if not more player development during the off-season programs as you would during meaningless preseason games.

So you speak for all NFL Coaches now?

Or does this unnamed insider of yours?

Here’s an actual clip of Belichick talking about how he uses Week 4 of the preseason to prepare for situational football...

Funny thing is there’s no ringing endorsement for preseason games present here. In fact, he states that scrimmages are the preferred method for practicing situational football.

New England has been at the forefront (always two steps ahead) by preparing for teams by scrimmaging with them during training camp the last several years now.

Point being you can achieve just as much if not more player development during the off-season programs as you would during meaningless preseason games.

You literally posted a video of him talking about situations in game 4 of the preseason. Of course they aren't out there working on situational stuff with backs ups/guys fighting for jobs.

You literally posted a video of him talking about situations in game 4 of the preseason. Of course they aren't out there working on situational stuff with backs ups/guys fighting for jobs.
No I posted a video in which he clearly says that the preseason is all about preparation for the 16 game schedule.

Nothing about backups fighting for jobs.

Listen, if you don’t get that these coaches already know right now in early May who realistically is gonna make the team then I seriously don’t know what to tell you.

No I posted a video in which he clearly says that the preseason is all about preparation for the 16 game schedule.

Nothing about backups fighting for jobs.

Listen, if you don’t get that these coaches already know right now in early May who realistically is gonna make the team then I seriously don’t know what to tell you.
Thank god you don't have to tell me anything. Because you are clearly wrong.

Lol. Most ridiculous thinking...We should go back to leather helmets. Bet itd wet your whistle really good seeing some brains getting bashed in.

"I paid $100 for a jersey once! I paid their salary! I. WANT. VIOLENCE!"
no, lets go back to your football. defenses cant do ****, will take away kickoffs, cant sneeze or look at a qb or any offensive player the wrong way, penalties on every play, ya, thats the football most fans want to see.

no wonder the ratings are down dramatically, goodell is ruining the game. i can only imagine what the nfl will look like in 10 years from now, but hey, at least you will be watching when it goes to 2 hand touch

Thank god you don't have to tell me anything. Because you are clearly wrong.
Ok I get it. You’ve watched every season of HardKnocks and you have a soft spot in your heart for the Chris Hogan’s of the world and even buy a custom made jersey with his nickname on the back of it. And when he gets cut you feel for him and think if only he would’ve gotten at least one more series in the preseason to show what he’s really made of, you never know he might have made the squad. You believe in the cinderella story and think the NFL overseers feel the same. You my friend, are wrong.

Ok I get it. You’ve watched every season of HardKnocks and you have a soft spot in your heart for the Chris Hogan’s of the world and even buy a custom made jersey with his nickname on the back of it. And when he gets cut you feel for him and think if only he would’ve gotten at least one more series in the preseason to show what he’s really made of, you never know he might have made the squad. You believe in the cinderella story and think the NFL overseers feel the same. You my friend, are wrong.

Those in camp with the Dolphins will be there to the end. Miami coach Adam Gase is a fan of the new rule, which eliminated the annual August cut to 75. While it will create an incredible flood of roughly 1,200 free agents at once, Gase thinks it’s advantageous because teams sometimes have trouble filling out a playing roster for the fourth preseason game and it gives players an extended window to audition for the Dolphins or another team.

“That fourth preseason game, especially, you’re going to get a lot of guys that get more tape,” he said. “I was excited. It was really tough to play some of the fourth preseason games. I’ve been involved in games where you’re kind of hoping nobody gets hurt because you don’t have that many guys and it’s going to be new and it’s a great opportunity for a lot of guys.”

Gase said at the beginning of the month he intended to keep most of the group together until the end. Aside from some minor shuffling, the Dolphins have stayed around 90 since opening camp and are at exactly that number right now.

While the camp invitees aren’t exactly free to speak their minds on this subject, many of the Dolphins’ veterans were in that position under the old rules. Safety Michael Thomas, who was a late cut by the 49ers in 2012 and ’13, believes it’s always better for a player to stay as long as possible.

“It’s never great to be cut, so I feel like it’s a great opportunity for all those guys because you get more tape and more evaluation,” Thomas said. The longer you can stick around anywhere, the better it is for you. I think it’s great, especially for that last game.

“Obviously there are cases where it’s clear that it’s not a great fit for you or you’re clearly not gonna be on that team, then maybe (it’s better to be cut loose early), but for all these young guys that don’t have a role and they’re trying to get established, the extra time and that fourth game are huge for them.”

tenor.gif

Starters don't even play a total of one full game over 4 preseason games. Don't want to get hurt? Don't play. 4 preseason games are vital for end of the roster players to do anything possible to realize their dream and make a living.
It's called FOOTBALL!!!!

Lol. Most ridiculous thinking...We should go back to leather helmets. Bet itd wet your whistle really good seeing some brains getting bashed in.

Leather helmets would probably reduce concussions quite a lot. No one would lead with the head when tackling.

@Nappy Roots

I gleaned absolutely nothing from your wall of text and cute gif that I didn’t already know.

Of course it is beneficial from a players perspective to stick around for as long as possible. The later they are cut the harder it is to catch on with a new team.

But if anything you’re are proving my point for me. Gase mentioned he struggles to even field a team.

Maybe a compromise would be an increase in active day rosters with the abolishment of the preseason and just add a couple games to the regular season schedule and call it a day. Sprinkle in another bye week for teams and suddenly you have a better format.

Either way more emphasis needs to be placed on practice, not the preseason.

well count me in as being ''ridiculous''

This is football, its a dangerous game. its a risk reward for these players, the risk is one play can realistically change your life forever in a negative way, but the rewards are lots of money, women, fame, wtrvr they want.

None of these players are being forced to play in the nfl, but by making all these rule changes they have made over the past years, and this new one likely to be implemented shortly, this is not the nfl i grew up with, and i fear that soon the nfl will be unnoticeable.

i dont wish harm on any player, but its part of the game of football, injuries are going to happen, players know the risks when they sign up to play, so if they dont want to the risks associated with football, go get another job.
IT"S CALLED FOOTBALL!!!!

no more wedgies on kickoffs? what's the fun in that!

Back
Top Bottom