Kill Kennoy Kennedy... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kill Kennoy Kennedy...

Points that are true 2;
If it was the first time the guy had done this then,"accident" might describe the situation. He has two prior convictions for the same offence. He's a head hunter, plain and simple......and obvious!

Second.....He INTENTIONALLY tucked his head and and aimed the top of his helmet at the receiver at the same time he tucked his arms around his OWN ribcage to protect himself. Hardly what I would call textbook tackling.

Third......WTF does hitting him in the head have to do with anything??? Would he have been better off taking the crown of a helmet to his spine or sternum?!?!?!?!?

Wake the f*ck up dude, that was an illegal, potentually crippling or DEADLY hit and that type of player has NO RIGHT to be on the field.

PERIOD!

Re: Kennedy hit!

Originally posted by SBAlki
OK guys, I realize that you guys are pretty hot about this hit right now, but I would like to actually discuss the hit. Points that are true (as I see them): Kennedy hit chambers in the jaw/ maybe lower facemask. Denard Walker pushed Chambers head down as it happened. The way that I see it is that Fiedler threw a horrible ball.
Kenoy kennedy should NOT be fined. Are you going to tell me that he intentionally went for Chambers head? Chambers head was pushed down as Kennedy was going to Blow right through his body. Every play has a player leading with his helmet, but not many are that big of a hit. Surtain should also be in trouble for his hit on Ros smith earlier in the game, by you thinking, that was more intentional because rod was on the ground, easy stationary target.

Are you on crack?!?? The guy led with the crown of his helmet! That is an illegal hit regardless of where he hits him, it's called spearing and it's illegal for a reason, ever hear of Dennis Byrd? The NY Jet that was paralysed several years ago when he accidentally hit a teammate with the crown of his helmet. Those are the things that happen when people hit like that. The fact that this cheapshot artist hit the helmet (if you look at the pick he would have hit his helmet even if Chambers head hadn't been pushed down) just makes this all that much worse. And this is the 3rd time this year! Once is an accident, twice is suspicious, and 3 times is pretty fricken blatent. The guy is scum, he's dirty and should never strap on the pads ever again. 3 strikes and your out.

Also, on the hit on rod smith, Surtain had his head up and lead with his facemask and not the crown of his helmet. THAT is the big difference. That is a legal hit.

Gotta disagree

Purity of the game? Nope, that was a blatent, lead with your helmet hit to a player's head. Hard hits are fine. Hits designed to injure are not. If this was a singular incident, you might say, ok, mistake. When you realize that he's done this 3x in 6 games, a pattern is clear. He should be suspended long enough to impress upon him that we want aggressive play, not maimed players.

you're smoking crack. Don't even saying anything anymore you're pissing me off. If you can't see that he lead with head to hit him and not his shoulder that he could of done just as easy then you're blind...................

I'll bet Chambers thinks twice before going over the middle again. It's too bad Fiedler hung the dude out so bad. He's going to get someone killed with passes like that.

Originally posted by Taco John
Wow... You guys are STILL crying about this, huh?
I am just upset that SBAlki thought it was bad pass by Jay - CC caught it didn't he - before being knocked out :goof:

seriously - with Chambers missing this Sundays game of course we have not forgotten, but it is in the league office's hands now and frankly I hope he is not suspended so that he can mame WRs on other teams we have not beaten yet. Maybe they can take away a 7th round pick or something :rolleyes:

Kennedy just got a one game vacation for the hit.

I guess the league thought killing him as this thread suggested was a bit harsh.

Adams: Smith, Atwater defend Kennedy

October 15, 2002

pictureDenver Broncos safety Kenoy Kennedy delivered a brutal knockout lick on Miami Dolphins receiver Chris Chambers on Sunday.

Should Kennedy be penalized by the NFL? Former Broncos greats Dennis Smith and Steve Atwater think not.

Both Atwater and Smith watched Sunday's game on television. For six seasons, the intimidating pair of safeties played together and struck fear in opposing receivers.

"I was thinking about sending (Kennedy) a note saying 'great hit.' I didn't see anything wrong with it," Smith said. "I wanted to send him a note, from one hitter to another. When I saw it, I was thinking, 'Who is this guy No. 28?' "
This is from the Rocky Mountain News I believe....Just shows you what a pussified version of itself the league has become... Also another good article in the RMN about Rodney Harrison of the dolts... since 200 he's been fined 7 times for $92,000 and some change....never been suspended tho....hmmm odd don't you think
BTW, Wilson did lead with the helmet, and Knocked Ricky Who? flat on his fat ass

Worry about KC???? ok, I'll do that....nah, it's more fun to cause trouble here....you guys are so touchy....is this the female dolphins board? did I make a wrong turn somewhere?

Most Phins fans probably believe that Chambers was the victim of a cheap shot.

However, lets be honest here - most of us were probably persuaded to think that way because the cheap shot came at the expense of one of our guys. We saw Chambers lying on the ground and it bothered us deeply, because hes part of the Dolphin family and a great player for this team. And you know what, theres absolutely nothing wrong with that. It made us realize that some hits are more dangerous than others. Fin fans learned a grave lesson Sunday Night.

To all the Broncos fans - after we saw how such a devastating hit can cause serious, maybe even permanant, damage to one of our own, we became much more sensitive to the strict interpretation of this rule. If something like this would happen to one of your players, (heaven forbid) you too would change your tune very quickly. And if you think otherwise, youre just putting up a macho front to save face.

Yes football is about hitting, but I learned on Sunday that there is a fine line that seperates a hard-hitting tackle from an illegal blow to the head. So yes, many of us are are pissed about the hit because it happened to one of our guys. But theres nothing wrong with that, if it makes us aware of the very real danger that blows to the head present.

Originally posted by Surferosa
Most Phins fans probably believe that Chambers was the victim of a cheap shot.

However, lets be honest here - most of us were probably persuaded to think that way because the cheap shot came at the expense of one of our guys. We saw Chambers lying on the ground and it bothered us deeply, because hes part of the Dolphin family and a great player for this team. And you know what, theres absolutely nothing wrong with that. It made us realize that some hits are more dangerous than others. Fin fans learned a grave lesson Sunday Night.

To all the Broncos fans - after we saw how such a devastating hit can cause serious, maybe even permanant, damage to one of our own, we became much more sensitive to the strict interpretation of this rule. If something like this would happen to one of your players, (heaven forbid) you too would change your tune very quickly. And if you think otherwise, youre just putting up a macho front to save face.

Yes football is about hitting, but I learned on Sunday that there is a fine line that seperates a hard-hitting tackle from an illegal blow to the head. So yes, many of us are are pissed about the hit because it happened to one of our guys. But theres nothing wrong with that, if it makes us aware of the very real danger that blows to the head present.

Surf, we see it every game...Eddie takes a hit like that every game, we've been spoiled, because he gets up...He's a tough SOB, anyway, I agree that under the rule, it's illegal, Denver fans aren't pissed at the suspension because of the hit, they're pissed because it's his "3rd time" when if anyone has seen the hit on Bruce, knows immediately that it was BS a call, neither one of his two past hits drew flags, because they are BS, thats why we are pissed, the league has turned into a protect the stars type of league, it's becoming basketball with the "lets not call fouls on shaq"...that is why we are pissed, clear and simple, If Atwater played today he'd be banned from the league, hitting hard is what safeties do, thats their job, to strike fear in the opponent...and the league is stripping that away...Oh and the latest from Denver is that Denard Walker is taking responsibility for the hit, sighting that he pushed Chambers head down not seeing Kenoy...Anyway, congrats on the win and goodluck for the rest of the season

oh btw

Patrick Sirtain was just on ESPN radio and said that "yeah, he hit him with his helment, but as a d-back what are you supposed to do?" It was a hard hit, but nothing to justify a suspention, that was after they noted that he himself had a helmet to helmet on Rod Smith

Back
Top Bottom