Kindley eats himself out of the league? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kindley eats himself out of the league?

Dan13Forever

Sewell = waste pick
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Omar was interviewed by couple dolphins youtubers. He memtoined Kindley showed up at OTA way out of shape. Kindley appeared north of 350. I don't care about Omar when it comes to his opinion or his analysis. But describing a player got fat, that is a fairly straight forward observation. Don't think even Omar can get that wrong.
Did you see any tweet or report about it? Would you concern about a young player entering his second years and already showing lack of professionalism?

Last edited:
I think omar isn't getting enough attention. I saw some of the recent ota pics
and saw another today and kindley was standing on the field talking with some players and i thought he looked more tight mid section, looked healthy!! I thought he looked better than last year. When i see flo ranting on it then i will believe. Kindley is the last guy i worry about. Loves the game and is the bad azz of that line.

Solomon Kindley is listed at 339 lbs on the Dolphins website. I don't know if that is just an old number or whether it was recently updated but he is the heaviest player listed on the roster. We know that he is a very very big guy and we also know that Omar giggles in delight while throwing hand grenades at the team. If Solomon does have a weight problem, I'm sure that it is a priority to be addressed. He wouldn't be the first O-lineman who came into mini-camp overweight.

Last edited:
I think omar isn't getting enough attention. I saw some of the recent ota pics
and saw another today and kindley was standing on the field talking with some players and i thought he looked more tight mid section, looked healthy!! I thought he looked better than last year. When i see flo ranting on it then i will believe. Kindley is the last guy i worry about. Loves the game and is the bad azz of that line.
Good to know.

This is definitely one to watch. Kindley has always had trouble keeping weight, but if he is going to play LG, he needs to be trimmer than he was last year, because that position requires more lateral agility and good pass-off skills as it is subject to a lot of stunts to get the twitchiest guys on the defense isolated 1v1 inside vs. the LG. Kindley isn't a cat-quick athlete even at peak weight. If he bulks up too much ... he simply cannot play there, IMHO.

Fortunately, Jesse Davis can play either guard, but IMHO, is better suited for RG than LG himself. One of Tua's strengths is supposed to be his mobility, and I can see our LG becoming a problem as we have no natural LG's on the roster unless Deiter can make a step up. Regardless, Tua will be asked to evade pressure from the front side, and I can see a significant part of that coming through the LG position.

Kindley was 340 (339) last season. If he's 350 in the offseason that's not good but 5 or 10 pounds above weight in May is likely not that abnormal for heavy players. Saying he's fat may be true, but he was fat when they drafted him and fat when he played last season. Don't see why anyone should be shocked if he's fat now.

Kindley was 340 (339) last season. If he's 350 in the offseason that's not good but 5 or 10 pounds above weight in May is likely not that abnormal for heavy players. Saying he's fat may be true, but he was fat when they drafted him and fat when he played last season. Don't see why anyone should be shocked if he's fat now.
In reality, with a man that size, 10 lbs is nothing. A healthy BM?

Also, if he was lifting over the off-season, its possible that he is heavier, but with a lower body fat %.

Not great. I never saw Kindley as a guy likely to develop into a plus-starter, and I think his margin for error is pretty small. If he's not able to get in shape prior to cuts, I wouldn't be surprised to see Flores make an example of him.

I'm hoping I was too low on Long and that those higher on him see something I don't, but Ben Cleveland looks like someone who will develop into a rock-solid OG. If Long can be like a Hunter Henry (minus the injuries), Miami did the right thing. Between Fluker and Davis, they should be able to get decent play out of LG, and LG is probably the least-valuable, least-difficult position to fill on OL, so it's not a terrible gamble.

Not great. I never saw Kindley as a guy likely to develop into a plus-starter, and I think his margin for error is pretty small. If he's not able to get in shape prior to cuts, I wouldn't be surprised to see Flores make an example of him.

I'm hoping I was too low on Long and that those higher on him see something I don't, but Ben Cleveland looks like someone who will develop into a rock-solid OG. If Long can be like a Hunter Henry (minus the injuries), Miami did the right thing. Between Fluker and Davis, they should be able to get decent play out of LG, and LG is probably the least-valuable, least-difficult position to fill on OL, so it's not a terrible gamble.

I can’t see coach outright cutting him at this stage. I certainly can see him losing his spot as a starter. I can certainly see that possibility the following season if he shows up similarly(assuming this situation is true).

Back
Top Bottom