Kindley eats himself out of the league? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kindley eats himself out of the league?

Kindley has struggled with weight and conditioning his entire football career. That was one of the biggest knocks against him when you pair it with his already limited athleticism. That being said, his work ethic last year leads me to believe that he is totally committed to succeeding in the NFL. Whatever his weight is now, I expect him to be in better shape come the start of the season. Also, Omar loves to stir the pot; most recent photos of Kindley show him looking slightly more in shape than last year. I have seen nothing that looks like he gained 10+ pounds of “fat”.

Kindley was 340 (339) last season. If he's 350 in the offseason that's not good but 5 or 10 pounds above weight in May is likely not that abnormal for heavy players. Saying he's fat may be true, but he was fat when they drafted him and fat when he played last season. Don't see why anyone should be shocked if he's fat now.
Especially when you consider that 10 pounds on someone 340 means less than 10 pounds on most people

This is definitely one to watch. Kindley has always had trouble keeping weight, but if he is going to play LG, he needs to be trimmer than he was last year, because that position requires more lateral agility and good pass-off skills as it is subject to a lot of stunts to get the twitchiest guys on the defense isolated 1v1 inside vs. the LG. Kindley isn't a cat-quick athlete even at peak weight. If he bulks up too much ... he simply cannot play there, IMHO.

Fortunately, Jesse Davis can play either guard, but IMHO, is better suited for RG than LG himself. One of Tua's strengths is supposed to be his mobility, and I can see our LG becoming a problem as we have no natural LG's on the roster unless Deiter can make a step up. Regardless, Tua will be asked to evade pressure from the front side, and I can see a significant part of that coming through the LG position.
90+ degrees and 100% humidity at training camp will solve the problem or he drops dead from heat exhaustion. Lol

Kindley has struggled with weight and conditioning his entire football career. That was one of the biggest knocks against him when you pair it with his already limited athleticism. That being said, his work ethic last year leads me to believe that he is totally committed to succeeding in the NFL. Whatever his weight is now, I expect him to be in better shape come the start of the season. Also, Omar loves to stir the pot; most recent photos of Kindley show him looking slightly more in shape than last year. I have seen nothing that looks like he gained 10+ pounds of “fat”.

Let me preface by saying i don't trust anything Omar puts in print. He's pure clickbait. I also haven't seen pictures of Kindley this year to form an opinion myself.

That said, if Kindley did come into camp overweight, it's a red flag to me. If he was committed to NFL work ethic and being great, he wouldn't come in overweight for his sophomore campaign after struggling in his rookie campaign with lateral movement and his weight being one of the contributors to that. Even if he loses weight in camp it shows a lack of preparedness. He has a history of weight concerns in college and weight tends to not get better with age.

Omar Kelly knows nothing about football, and doesn’t know what he’s watching at all. His “evaluations” and observations are crap. He’s a casual with a journalism degree. He should be taken with a grain of salt like the majority of beat writers. Just like that idiot Armando Salguero.

Omar was interviewed by couple dolphins youtubers. He memtoined Kindley showed up at OTA way out of shape. Kindley appeared north of 350. I don't care about Omar when it comes to his opinion or his analysis. But describing a player got fat, that is a fairly straight forward observation. Don't think even Omar can get that wrong.
Did you see any tweet or report about it? Would you concern about a young player entering his second years and already showing lack of professionalism?
He’s on the John Jerry off-season diet program.

I don’t have any faith in the reporting of Kelly but Kindley wasn’t drafted earlier in the 2020 draft because of concerns regarding his weight issues. It was also reported in the Miami Herald this morning that Davis would be given the opportunity to compete against Kindley for the LG position.

Hopefully this is just the coaches way of telling Kindley he needs to get in shape and show more on the field. Because if Davis comes in and earns the LG spot over Kindley, I will be very surprised if an out of shape Kindley is still on the roster in the coming years.

Kindleys InstaGram photos look like he has trimmed the belly a bit. I dont know where Omar got that from but based on his social media he looks to be in better shape. We'll know soon enough and camps will help.

Back
Top Bottom