Kindley eats himself out of the league? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kindley eats himself out of the league?

Solomon is my fav of the OL drafted last year, but we picked up two OLman one in the draft and one after. Jones might push for playing time by the end of camp, so we have other pieces if things don't work out with Kindley. But i think once camp starts he will be fine

I agree with some of you who say it's only 10 pounds and he can work out in the heat and drop it. Even though I agree with you, I don't like it. I want him to have more drive. Look at Tua busting his ass to try to improve so he can give us the best him that he can give. I would have liked for Kindley to have busted his ass and came into camp in great shape rather than wait till camp to start working on it. We need him to be better than he was last year and even though we assume that he will be better in his second year, he won't be if he does not put in the work and try.

I agree with some of you who say it's only 10 pounds and he can work out in the heat and drop it. Even though I agree with you, I don't like it. I want him to have more drive. Look at Tua busting his *** to try to improve so he can give us the best him that he can give. I would have liked for Kindley to have busted his *** and came into camp in great shape rather than wait till camp to start working on it. We need him to be better than he was last year and even though we assume that he will be better in his second year, he won't be if he does not put in the work and try.
Again, look at the source...... Omar

Let's not target the guy over his report.

Not great. I never saw Kindley as a guy likely to develop into a plus-starter, and I think his margin for error is pretty small. If he's not able to get in shape prior to cuts, I wouldn't be surprised to see Flores make an example of him.

I'm hoping I was too low on Long and that those higher on him see something I don't, but Ben Cleveland looks like someone who will develop into a rock-solid OG. If Long can be like a Hunter Henry (minus the injuries), Miami did the right thing. Between Fluker and Davis, they should be able to get decent play out of LG, and LG is probably the least-valuable, least-difficult position to fill on OL, so it's not a terrible gamble.
I don’t see it...they traded up for him!

Omar was interviewed by couple dolphins youtubers. He memtoined Kindley showed up at OTA way out of shape. Kindley appeared north of 350. I don't care about Omar when it comes to his opinion or his analysis. But describing a player got fat, that is a fairly straight forward observation. Don't think even Omar can get that wrong.
Did you see any tweet or report about it? Would you concern about a young player entering his second years and already showing lack of professionalism?
It's funny I made a post about our Overweight O-line last year and was called every name in the book because lot of people here believe Lineman are supposed to be slobs missing games with ankle and feet problems. I stopped posting my own thread due all the hate I received.
Lineman aren't supposed to be grossly overweight. Our O-line had weight issues last year too.
If your Lineman are out games because they can't walk you need to in force weight restrictions.

Guards have traditionally been fat... like sumo wrestlers.

Yes, there is a point where it is too much, but greater body mass is helpful when your game is being a mauler.

Flores and the staff will determine what weight works best for Kindley... not us.

Kindley is not going anywhere, he is a nasty road grader, never takes a play off, strong as hell and relentless. True mauler!!! And his best attribute is to complete a block and find another player to crush, his center of gravity and foot work is incredible for a man his size. Look at him blow up one defender then hunt another to block, it's at the 52 second mark in the video. This kid is really special. Omar can blow me!

Last edited:
Thank you for that.

Ugh.

Here's the thing - I have nothing but respect for DolphinsTalk. I've never dealt with Mike Oliva, but he generally seems to come off as very professional. I love Big E; the limited dealings I've had with him have been nothing but overwhelmingly positive. And...I am of the opinion that Omar Kelly isn't a bad guy personally. From what I've seen and experienced, he's a legitimately good dude who has guested on numerous podcasts, including one on the site I've started doing stuff for. He's also very intelligent; he's perfectly aware that what he's doing creates clicks; he's employed by the Herald because he makes them money.

What I dislike is that his opinions have...in the past...turned into narratives that he pushes through journalism that I find questionable. He takes quotes out of context, and rehashes the takes of other journalists, then uses those as "sources" to back up his narrative. And his platform is huge, so it can be massively influential, and in the past he's pushed some narratives that...upon digging...flat-out weren't correct.

He literally said "it looks to me like Kindley is trying to eat himself out of the league." It's his opinion, and he's entitled to it. But don't be surprised if we start seeing dribs and drabs of out-of-context things to support his new narrative. THAT is what irritates the crap out of me about his reporting.
What you describe doesn't make him a legitimatly 'good guy'. Actually it makes him the opposite.

Guards have traditionally been fat... like sumo wrestlers.

Yes, there is a point where it is too much, but greater body mass is helpful when your game is being a mauler.

Flores and the staff will determine what weight works best for Kindley... not us.
If you are missing games or struggling due to feet and ankle issues in week 12-13 thats really bad. All Lineman are somewhat over weight but there are manageable perimeters. Last year our O-line was too overweight and their struggles late in the year echo that.

Orlando Pace played at 325lbs at 6-7. You dont need to be 6-3 360lbs to be a lineman.

If you are missing games or struggling due to feet and ankle issues in week 12-13 thats really bad. All Lineman are somewhat over weight but there are manageable perimeters. Last year our O-line was too overweight and their struggles late in the year echo that.
There could be some truth to that... although Jackson was injured in week 5, so all of this wasn't due to weight/fatigue issues.

There could be some truth to that... although Jackson was injured in week 5, so all of this wasn't due to weight/fatigue issues.
I added an edit to my last post. stating Orlando Pace (an absolute monster) played 325lbs and was 6-7. 350-370lbs its just too fat for an athlete under constant, physical duress.

Sorry I keep editing but I played TE at 250-260 at 6-2. After football I gained weight and went up to 315lbs. I can speak from experience that added weight caused a lot of issues that did not exist at 260. It was truly night and day.

Back
Top Bottom