Kindley eats himself out of the league? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kindley eats himself out of the league?

It's our friends at Dolphinstalk who had him on, it's in the podcast section of our site.

Thank you for that.

Ugh.

Here's the thing - I have nothing but respect for DolphinsTalk. I've never dealt with Mike Oliva, but he generally seems to come off as very professional. I love Big E; the limited dealings I've had with him have been nothing but overwhelmingly positive. And...I am of the opinion that Omar Kelly isn't a bad guy personally. From what I've seen and experienced, he's a legitimately good dude who has guested on numerous podcasts, including one on the site I've started doing stuff for. He's also very intelligent; he's perfectly aware that what he's doing creates clicks; he's employed by the Herald because he makes them money.

What I dislike is that his opinions have...in the past...turned into narratives that he pushes through journalism that I find questionable. He takes quotes out of context, and rehashes the takes of other journalists, then uses those as "sources" to back up his narrative. And his platform is huge, so it can be massively influential, and in the past he's pushed some narratives that...upon digging...flat-out weren't correct.

He literally said "it looks to me like Kindley is trying to eat himself out of the league." It's his opinion, and he's entitled to it. But don't be surprised if we start seeing dribs and drabs of out-of-context things to support his new narrative. THAT is what irritates the crap out of me about his reporting.

Omar was interviewed by couple dolphins youtubers. He memtoined Kindley showed up at OTA way out of shape. Kindley appeared north of 350. I don't care about Omar when it comes to his opinion or his analysis. But describing a player got fat, that is a fairly straight forward observation. Don't think even Omar can get that wrong.
Did you see any tweet or report about it? Would you concern about a young player entering his second years and already showing lack of professionalism?
If true, it is disappointing to me. Many of us with no physical skills cannot understand the absence of effort that physically gifted players have.
However, that is part of the reason for off-season drills, practice, etc.
Again, if true, time to wake up guy.

Thank you for that.

Ugh.

Here's the thing - I have nothing but respect for DolphinsTalk. I've never dealt with Mike Oliva, but he generally seems to come off as very professional. I love Big E; the limited dealings I've had with him have been nothing but overwhelmingly positive. And...I am of the opinion that Omar Kelly isn't a bad guy personally. From what I've seen and experienced, he's a legitimately good dude who has guested on numerous podcasts, including one on the site I've started doing stuff for. He's also very intelligent; he's perfectly aware that what he's doing creates clicks; he's employed by the Herald because he makes them money.

What I dislike is that his opinions have...in the past...turned into narratives that he pushes through journalism that I find questionable. He takes quotes out of context, and rehashes the takes of other journalists, then uses those as "sources" to back up his narrative. And his platform is huge, so it can be massively influential, and in the past he's pushed some narratives that...upon digging...flat-out weren't correct.

He literally said "it looks to me like Kindley is trying to eat himself out of the league." It's his opinion, and he's entitled to it. But don't be surprised if we start seeing dribs and drabs of out-of-context things to support his new narrative. THAT is what irritates the crap out of me about his reporting.
Agree, if you watch it he cuts BigE off several times and shoots down Big E's opinion with his own, and to him, his word is gospel. I didn't like the way he responded to some of Big E's comments, kinda condescending in nature. Mike and Ian are really good guys and Ian was gracious even though I thought Omar was rude, there's a more respectful way to disagree with others and he didn't take that route. It's like shut your mouth and listen to me. "I can see your point but here's what I think" would have been much more appropriate rather than saying "I hate when people say that"
I think that's partly why so many dislike him.

First off, this is coming from Omar, so back up the two ton salt truck to take with that information.

Secondly players have come into camp overweight, so if there is any truth to that, shame on Kindley, but I am sure Coach Flores will talk to him about it and how his in the big leagues now, start acting like it before he's out of football.

Kindley is an important part of the line, he knows that, so he either already is showing the type of professionalism that is expected of him, or he soon will be before he's replaced.

Not great. I never saw Kindley as a guy likely to develop into a plus-starter, and I think his margin for error is pretty small. If he's not able to get in shape prior to cuts, I wouldn't be surprised to see Flores make an example of him.

I'm hoping I was too low on Long and that those higher on him see something I don't, but Ben Cleveland looks like someone who will develop into a rock-solid OG. If Long can be like a Hunter Henry (minus the injuries), Miami did the right thing. Between Fluker and Davis, they should be able to get decent play out of LG, and LG is probably the least-valuable, least-difficult position to fill on OL, so it's not a terrible gamble.
Kindley was the best of the rookies early on last year, but I thought he didn't finish very strong. Definitely something to watch as this staff, thankfully, will upgrade every position if necessary.

Wasn't Kindley in those photos posted months ago of the young linemen working out together and doing boxing etc to get ready?

Find this a typically suspicious Omar troll of a Fins player.

Yup, looks positively OBESE (Kindley in the middle)....

30C554F2-2B85-48C6-A2D5-17ED20E0E5AD.png

As for Kindley. Love his aggression, but he definitely needs to lose a few pounds. I had high hopes he'd have gotten into better shape for 2021. Hopefully, he shows improvement. Miami needs him.

I’m sure if someone sent Omar photos of Tua working out he might look at it through a deferent lens.

Back
Top Bottom