Kiper: No more excuses for Tannehill | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper: No more excuses for Tannehill

Our offense moved the ball and scored points, the O helped the D. Your O didn't help your D.
Your avg starting FP was ridiculous too, the D wasn't great but you were always starting w/ good FP.

A passing Offense (What Miami is) will help the Defense every little, because even if they succeed, they score to quickly, your team helped you D, because your team was primarily a run offense, which took chunks of time off the clock, and allowed the D to rest.

when you fail in every big game you don't have credibility built up that good QBs do. If Brady never wins another PO game he will still go down as one of the best, if not THE best.

He is one of the best, maybe top 10 all time, even though if you look at how he succeeded, it really is pretty iffy, but I will go with him being among the best.

How have they done better w/o Wallace? through 4 games they averaged 21.8 PPG a year ago, this year 14.5 which includes 2 garbage time TDs. in what world is that better than 2014?

Your question was " Where is Miami going to get those 10 TDs?" I answered it.

As for your next question, Miami had an intact much better O-line last year in the beginning, this year, thanks to injury and youth, it is a totally different story early.

Give Tannehill time, and he will succeed. I would also hope for a better running, like last year.

If Ryan Tannehill were on the Seahawks he'd be a 6.8 YPA type and often look untroubled while jogging off the field after a third down failure.

Do you ever lets facts get involved in one of your arguments? Just wondering.

You might want to check how first downs were converted last season by Miami and Seattle.

Miami made 226 first downs by passing compared to Seattle's 160. That is 66 more first downs via the pass. Wilson rushed for 45 first downs, Tannehill rushed for 18. That means Tannehill was responsible for 39 MORE first downs than Wilson. Seattle combined for 10 more third down conversions with 12 more attempts for a paltry 2.5% higher conversion rate. The Dolphins had a nearly 10% higher 4th down conversion rate.

A much higher % of Seattle's first downs came from the running backs.

Stick to talking about gambling because your football analysis is non-existent.

You might want to check how first downs were converted last season by Miami and Seattle.

Miami made 226 first downs by passing compared to Seattle's 160. That is 66 more first downs via the pass. Wilson rushed for 45 first downs, Tannehill rushed for 18. That means Tannehill was responsible for 39 MORE first downs than Wilson. Seattle combined for 10 more third down conversions with 12 more attempts for a paltry 2.5% higher conversion rate. The Dolphins had a nearly 10% higher 4th down conversion rate.

And yet Tannehill was sitting at home watching Russell Wilson in the playoffs.

A passing Offense (What Miami is) will help the Defense every little, because even if they succeed, they score to quickly, your team helped you D, because your team was primarily a run offense, which took chunks of time off the clock, and allowed the D to rest.

He is one of the best, maybe top 10 all time, even though if you look at how he succeeded, it really is pretty iffy, but I will go with him being among the best.

Your question was " Where is Miami going to get those 10 TDs?" I answered it.

As for your next question, Miami had an intact much better O-line last year in the beginning, this year, thanks to injury and youth, it is a totally different story early.

Give Tannehill time, and he will succeed. I would also hope for a better running, like last year.

we were an excellent passing team that year, we had many leads and ran out the clock but we passed it all over the place. Ken O'Brien led the NFL in passing that year.

Maybe top 10:lol: he's in the discussion for best ever and he probably is the best ever.

Congrats on getting 2 garbage time TDs to replace Wallace's production.

try to actually establish a run game rather than put your faith in the pass game.

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

A much higher % of Seattle's first downs came from the running backs.

Seattle was playing ahead in most games, Miami from behind which also speaks to the QBs.

Because, clearly, the ONLY difference between the two teams in the QB. :bobdole: Are you serious?

Not the only difference but certainly the most important one. One guy makes plays in big spots and the other one doesn't and hasn't won anything since high school.

Clearly when you get a lead, you stop trying for first downs. You know, to be sporting about it.......

#ItsAllAboutTheQB

when a play needs to be made in a big spot who is more likely to make it? Ryan or Wilson? you guys need to focus on Ryan and stop the comparison w/ better QBs.

Rt gets a lot of batted balls and is not great connecting on long balls. Aside from that he seems pretty good. I've been suspect on him since drafted however.
I didn't like how it went down that Philbin took him on advice from his old mentor. If RT turns out well, it was fine. If RT fails, it was an epic fail by Philbin in his first big decision.

I think a big issue with the offense is that they're missing Mike Wallace. You don't get rid of a guy that catches 10 touchdowns and opens things up for others underneath just because he's a jerk. You can't give talent like that away.

Not the only difference but certainly the most important one. One guy makes plays in big spots and the other one doesn't and hasn't won anything since high school.

Disagree. Both the running game and defense are much, much bigger differences.

Back
Top Bottom